scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Lol, there's no depth too low to stoop for LNP douchebags. 

I'm sure you've noticed that blatant lies are okay in election campaigns now...

2 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

SMH, a Matt Kean wrote an articile saying Abbott should be re-elected ... who is he? A minister in the LNP NSW government ... except it wasn't apparent in the article itself

Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, Member for Hornsby

I read that earlier. Did you read it right through? I found it quite apparent that he was minister for Energy and Environment. It states it at the bottom. I didn't get it straight away though and it read like a liberal ad under the guise of an opinion piece so it seemed a bit dirty that way.

I hope he didn't get paid as a contributor. I wonder if he realises how bad his arguments were... 

May 18th ... what's on ...

1) Australian election

2) Game of Thrones finale

3) Eurovision finale

" I wonder if he realises how bad his arguments were... "

@fliptopia I do so appreciate a giggle while at work, so, ta for that 😉

36 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I wonder if he realises how bad his arguments were... 

Pretty much an inescapable condition if arguing for the LNP.

In other news...

High Court rules Queensland developer donation ban is valid and the federal laws overriding state donation laws are INVALID. 

Bwaaahahahah, suck shit, scum! 

34 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

May 18th ... what's on ...

1) Australian election

2) Game of Thrones finale

3) Eurovision finale

Don't forget maybe also the A-league final.

37 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Busy weekend!

Why is it that the Liberals, the party that can't bring themselves to have rules to approach gender parity, which mostly amounts to who gets put into safe seats (but also the party with firm rules on parity within the organisational branch), decided to cave and put in rules to say who can and cannot be party leader under a given set of circumstances. Surely, if the best candidate will rise to the top for pre-selection, and rules would just hamper this meritocracy, the same should apply to party leader and PM/LotO?

I think it's more to do with factional infighting, factions want their candidate and so they keep up stabbing each other until get the outcome they want (like some TV show ahem!)

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

Also the I'm going down to Sydney for the Comedy festival so there's that too...

So. Who do I vote for to stop Adani ? We don't seem to concerned about our waterways and health of soil etc. I guess if we all turn vegan then it won't matter what the cattle and sheep and bird life have to do to survive. We can grow our plant produce in our window boxes and rely on vitamin substitutes to give us our daily bread and then the big mining companies can just get on with tearing up the country like a bitch ! Except, where will we get our drinking water from ?

52 minutes ago, eveln said:

So. Who do I vote for to stop Adani ? We don't seem to concerned about our waterways and health of soil etc. I guess if we all turn vegan then it won't matter what the cattle and sheep and bird life have to do to survive. We can grow our plant produce in our window boxes and rely on vitamin substitutes to give us our daily bread and then the big mining companies can just get on with tearing up the country like a bitch ! Except, where will we get our drinking water from ?

Might need a rain water tank eve!

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Might need a rain water tank eve!

What for ?

5 minutes ago, eveln said:

What for ?

So you have water that's not from some dam or river full of fracking residue ...

I would need adequate rainfall ...

• Like 1

If there isn't some rain this cold season, we'll probably need to buy some water by Christmas.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nich... said:

If there isn't some rain this cold season, we'll probably need to buy some water by Christmas.

Mmm ... might need to get some rain dancing lessons

My kid brother is in Port Augusta, or rather a mansion that he maintains is a "shack" a few miles out of town, he's had to buy water twice in the past few months. The rain gods never look upon S.A. favorably but this year has been decidedly dry.

Cheers

13 hours ago, chrisg said:

My kid brother is in Port Augusta, or rather a mansion that he maintains is a "shack" a few miles out of town, he's had to buy water twice in the past few months. The rain gods never look upon S.A. favorably but this year has been decidedly dry.

Cheers

And SA gets the leftovers of the rivers from Vic, NSW and Qld.

🙂

PA gets it from a pipeline from the Murray, used to be bloody horrible water, better now.

My bro is having thoughts about his own desal plant - he's right on the Gulf.

I THINK he's joking.. . 🙂

Cheers

On 4/19/2019 at 9:56 AM, chrisg said:

🙂

PA gets it from a pipeline from the Murray, used to be bloody horrible water, better now.

My bro is having thoughts about his own desal plant - he's right on the Gulf.

I THINK he's joking.. . 🙂

Cheers

Desal plants need power, lots of it ... something SA doesn't have an excess off.

1 minute ago, Jeruselem said:

Desal plants need power, lots of it ... something SA doesn't have an excess off.

Correction: reverse osmosis desalination plants.  There are designs which are basically huge solar stills, and require almost nothing (maintenance and pumping) but they're not exactly fast.

5 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Correction: reverse osmosis desalination plants.  There are designs which are basically huge solar stills, and require almost nothing (maintenance and pumping) but they're not exactly fast.

A huge solar project got cancelled recently in SA due to lack of investment, after a decision by the LNP government changed investment viability.