scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Posted (edited)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-14/adani-csiro-emails-foi-melissa-price/11107276

The link is about the CSIRO being hurried to put the okay to Adani just before the election date was called. An yep it shows our Fed. Gov. getting the letter done ... but here's the other thing QLD ( Labor) Gov. is pushing for it to go ahead tooo ...

And what's to say A Fed Labor Gov. will finally get Adani gone ? I have my doubts about that. I reckon the Fed. Gov. will bow to the State Gov.  desire ...

Edited by eveln

CSIRO are a shade of their past, under-funded and then their research gets sold off to the commercial sector for peanuts. it's criminal what our governments did to the CSIRO.

• Like 4

Typical of short-sighted government thinking.

CSIRO's achievements are huge and mostly go unsung.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

It seems Christian schools are telling their clients to vote for "religious freedom' or in a proxy way - the LNP. Yes they want to keep their government money don't they as most of them are 'private' schools.

Edited by Jeruselem

9 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

CSIRO are a shade of their past, under-funded and then their research gets sold off to the commercial sector for peanuts. it's criminal what our governments did to the CSIRO.

Thank god for email trails ...

On 14/05/2019 at 4:47 PM, chrisg said:

No party in Australia has any vision beyond the end of their nose and winning the next election which with a no-confidence capability if balanced on a knife edge is at least not as bad as the U.S. but it isn't good.

lolwat

I mean a whole bunch of smaller parties have pretty clear visions for the country.  Even Anning has a pretty clear vision.

• Haha 1

🙂

It's always possible to have visions when you have no chance of being put into a position of having to deliver.

It's an annoying but necessary part of the process that if a goal cannot be achieved in the term of a government the majority of the time the parties that have any chance of ruling look no further.

It's our own fault of course, we don't have in the main enough patience to see out promises that take even that long to deliver upon.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

You're the one that said no party, shrug.

🙂

Fair enough.

Well, being I have no idea what I'll be doing this weekend, my mother having yesterday gone into a respite home and my therefore needing to plan to move out from her Anglicare place I took advantage yesterday of the vote early option.

In theory you need a reason in practice they just say tell me you have a reason and you are good to go.

It's a new electorate for  me so not massively familiar with the contestants but by working in careful reverse order of those I definitely do not want in I think I avoided any preferential traps.

It gets trickier every time though.

Cheers

I recall the government boasting "more women in the workforce" as if that is a good thing. If there were more people per capita in the workforce that would be good but if they say "more women in the workforce" that means there are less people in the workforce (otherwise they would have said there are more people in the workforce), let alone going by per capita. Having more women in the workforce is not some great moral breakthrough; it is financial/economic necessity as families are struggling more (and I am guessing are relatively poorer). Women looking after the home and the children is the more natural way of things but that has been getting more difficult over the years thanks to bad government.

• Haha 1

LOL ^^ ... bad government and  the dreaded feminism ... and bad Government and ... and your God too NZT48

• Like 1

That's a big mess of knots you've gotten yourself stuck in, DMB.

Have fun voting for DLP this weekend.

35 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

"more women in the workforce" that means there are less people in the workforce (otherwise they would have said there are more people in the workforce)

So, women aren't people, then?  Nice that you know where you stand, I guess. 😛

You didn't consider that they wanted to highlight the gender of the new workers, rather than just that there were new workers?

A bit of a fallacy of the chauvinistic 50s the little woman at home keeping house and raising kids.

There might have been a brief period when it had some ring of truth but it's long gone.

Cheers

13 hours ago, chrisg said:

A bit of a fallacy of the chauvinistic 50s the little woman at home keeping house and raising kids.

There might have been a brief period when it had some ring of truth but it's long gone. 

Ye funny how such a short period of history keeps getting referenced by conservatives regarding a woman's "place".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aliali said:

Ye funny how such a short period of history keeps getting referenced by conservatives regarding a woman's "place".

I think it's literal throwback to biblical attitudes to women.

Heh,

The Bible, written by men, how strange... 🙂

Religion has always been a chauvinist environment, the degree to which women had to fight just to become priests even in the more progressive thinking branches is a testament (sic) to that.

Cheers

What a stupid situation, we have rising gas prices and we are one of biggest exporters of gas in the world. It's just we don't force the companies to reserve local supply as most of it is exported. We have the supply, it's just going overseas and now there's talk of us ... IMPORTING gas.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-17/gas-exports-blamed-for-electricity-price-rises-job-losses/11121120?section=business

Edited by Jeruselem

3 hours ago, chrisg said:

(sic)

Pretty sure that doesn't mean pun intended; it's for when you quote an error and need to make it clear it's the quotee's error and not yours. 

• Like 3

🙂

Actually it was referring to the word testament in a derogatory fashion. Never really sure where sic applies any more, it has gone through some changes. I guess that is a "testament"to the fact that English is a living language even if sic is from a dead one 🙂

Cheers

20 hours ago, eveln said:

LOL ^^ ... bad government and  the dreaded feminism ... and bad Government and ... and your God too NZT48

I don't understand. What are you saying about my god?

20 hours ago, Nich... said:

Have fun voting for DLP this weekend.

I can't as there are no DLP candidates in my electorate. 😞

20 hours ago, Cybes said:

You didn't consider that they wanted to highlight the gender of the new workers, rather than just that there were new workers?

In a country of 25 million there are always new workers, male and female.