scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

If the LNP win, will Dutton move on Scomo? I doubt he's lost his ambition for the Iron Throne.

UI would hope Scumo moves on Dutton

5 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

John Howard was in open conflict with Peter Costello towards the end of his term, because I suspect he was to hand the leadership the Peter but never did.

Because within the party, he was... what's the word.... uh yes. Unassailable.

Hurry up!

Bad sport Shorten must be grasping at straws, really he should have made the concession speech half an hour ago.  Meanwhile I'm wanting to have a shower before midnight.

Just now, Leonid said:

Because within the party, he was... what's the word.... uh yes. Unassailable.

I think those times are gone, modern ALP and LNP parties have knifed leaders over less now.

7 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

I don't think it's 100% resolved. Bishop retired. Abbott got kicked out by his own electorate now. Dutton might have an unofficial truce with Scomo about the leadership but these things eventually end when someone gets impatient.

Dutton can go fuck him self. Scummo won because Australians didn't feel they could trust Shorten's Labor.

do you think scomo can lose the baseball cap now ?

• Like 1

So it looks like Anning is fucking gone.  Pretty sure 99% of Australia can agree that's a good thing.

Just now, eveln said:

Dutton can go fuck him self. Scummo won because Australians didn't feel they could trust Shorten's Labor.

Ironic, given all the death tax nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

do you think scomo can lose the baseball cap now ?

For sure, he just needs to walk around with coal miners helmet instead.

Posted (edited)

Perhaps The Labor Party should have sat down and had a meeting about it's leadership and where the party was going. If they'd done this as soon as Scummo called the date, well things might have been different

4 minutes ago, Nich... said:

So it looks like Anning is fucking gone.  Pretty sure 99% of Australia can agree that's a good thing.

on both counts , LOL

Edited by eveln

10 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Hurry up!

Bad sport Shorten must be grasping at straws, really he should have made the concession speech half an hour ago.  Meanwhile I'm wanting to have a shower before midnight.

They're getting ready for it, I think, but not yet.

4 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Payback for Mediscare

Scummo will be frickin impossible to watch now

Medicare was effective because it pivoted on the small kernal of truth.

Death taxes was a complete fabrication, right?

I mean, both effective fear mongering, but I worry about the precedent of complete fabrications being rewarded.

Clive Palmer despite his Apollo program ad budget looks to have under 2% of the Senate vote in NSW, falling behind the Shooters Party and even Fred Nile.

• Haha 1

Looking at the current numbers, LNP have not reached 76 seats. They won't have very large majority if they get that line.

Also, a lot of the coverage is making it sound like a landslide win for the LNP.  Unless I'm missing something, it'll be a win but Morrison basically saved the furniture.  They didn't gain as much as they should have or would like to, so maybe this'll mean we don't get mandate bullshit this term.

Just now, Nich... said:

Also, a lot of the coverage is making it sound like a landslide win for the LNP.  Unless I'm missing something, it'll be a win but Morrison basically saved the furniture.  They didn't gain as much as they should have or would like to, so maybe this'll mean we don't get mandate bullshit this term.

It's a win ... it's not a thrashing. A very NARROW win.

Slightly better than when Gillard won a minority govt, but essentially the same deal.  Celebration followed by a lot of 'wtf do we do now'.  This is how many elections where the LNP has barely won?  Will they be able to rule for the centre, and stop chasing white wing parties for votes?

A very narrow win to the loser is fucking huge. Perhaps now Labor will realise that backstabing scum just do not win EVER  or, a polished turd is still a turd . This is the first time in like forever that I've not voted Labor

3 minutes ago, eveln said:

A very narrow win to the loser is fucking huge. Perhaps now Labor will realise that backstabing scum just do not win EVER  or, a polished turd is still a turd . This is the first time in like forever that I've not voted Labor

Labor just need to wait for the LNP to fight the spoils of war because the LNP think they have some sort of mandate (which they don't).

8 minutes ago, eveln said:

Except Abbott and Turnbull and possibly Morrison all won from it.  Dutton certainly did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Except Abbott and Turnbull and possibly Morrison all won from it.  Dutton certainly did.

I think secretly Morrison and Dutton would have been happy when Abbott lost.

Just now, Nich... said:

Somehow, to me it was very different with what Shorten orchestrated. His manipulations were nasteee. Mind you, they would not have worked if the subjects were stronger ... but hey I was a Labor supporter at the time and did not at all like what I was seeing

Even bigger Palmer laff - Jaquie Lambie (Senate ind, Tas) might just scrape over the line, and if she does it'll likely be on Palmer Senate preferences which means his entire spend of $80 million would have been not for nothing but for her benefit.

• Haha 2

I hope she gets in because it just means the LNP have to deal with her oddities when they need to pass stuff through the senate.