scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Crikey Fliptopia ! does that sound like something I'd want to do ?!  😱

Hahaha

You lot may laugh at my archaic life , but it's fed clothed and housed me for nearly two decades now .

There was actually one that passed on a cut in anticipation of this - which is just about a miracle.

🙂

MY GOV is incredibly fucked, I can usually get to my Centrelink rubbish but I have yet to ever succeed in logging on to the ATO. or agedcare for that matter. Not that I care much about either but I linked them out of interest - waste of time.

Cheers

19 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

MY GOV is incredibly fucked, I can usually get to my Centrelink rubbish but I have yet to ever succeed in logging on to the ATO. or agedcare for that matter. Not that I care much about either but I linked them out of interest - waste of time.

Cheers

Imagine people trying to get their payroll and super info out of that complete POS system.

23 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Which is weird because you don't 'log into' them.  Did you ever talk to mygov's helpdesk?  A common problem is people have to make a new mygov account and everything in the system is still linked to the old account.

Yeah,🙂

As a portal it's a pretty good stuff up.

Not exactly unusual at the moment, the script kiddies think they know it all...

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Hmm.

Right now I can't get back to respond to your comment Nich, despite its appearing in notifications.

Yeah, have contacted the helpdesk, Nich, nice guys, sigh and admit its pretty fucked.

Agedcare are the same, were talking folks through a direct logon but I think that avenue is now closed.

Most people I know have just given up on the last and ATO seems to be endlessly down for maintenance.

Cheers

Edit: Left my first comment in because for several minutes the Atomic interface was borked 🙂

Edited by chrisg

15 hours ago, chrisg said:

Agedcare are the same, were talking folks through a direct logon but I think that avenue is now closed.

Can't do that any more afaik. You must log on to MyGov and link aged care, centrelink etc to your Mygov account then access them through the Mygov login.

Yeah Ali,

That's where the confusion starts. I have Agedcare linked, can't get to it.

I don't need to, others do and have the same problem.

Cheers

18 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Cheers

I've never had a problem with it 😐

🙂

But have you tried to use agedcare ?

Seriously it's a portal, some parts of it will most likely work but with portals it takes two to tango as it were and if the other end doesn't comply there are going to be problems.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

(REDACTED BY ORDER OF OBERGRUPPENFUHRER MORRISON)

Edited by aquilus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I've never had a problem with it 😐

it used to hate firefox, but then they grew up and realised a lot of people use it

• Like 1

Wanna tell me again how putting these clowns back in was more responsible than the alternatives?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2019/jun/06/the-government-has-run-the-economy-into-the-ground

The big message from the GDP figures is that the biggest lie during the election campaign was not the death tax but that the LNP has managed a strong economy. In reality they have run it into the ground.

[...]

This is a shocking state of affairs. And it makes an absolute mockery of the government’s claims of economic management expertise. It also renders absurd desires to get back to a surplus in order to build a buffer, should bad times come. Bad times are here already.

• Like 1

All those RWNJ fuckwits who dribbled demented FUD about Labor bringing us gulags and other Soviet style bullshit, can totally go fuck themselves, while civic-minded heroes get charged as spies and terrorists by Dutton's AFP* for exposing government ratfuckery.

*maybe they should be the APP now; political police. 

This is tin-pot shit, right here. LNP scum have no business uttering the word democracy

Ahh. So if Labor had got in, then the AFP wouldn't have done what it obviously considers as it's job ?

WRT to the journo who faced the trauma of being raided, I do find it quite weird that a raid was carried out so long after she'd published. And then, why the raid, she'd already made public the info ??

As for the files taken from the ABC, um, isn't there ongoing court issues wrt to various army personnel ?

The whole thing seems very strange to me. I mean, it's like the AFP's job changes depending on who rules the roost ...

• Like 1

The AFP report to the Department of Home Affairs, Herr Dutton.

3 hours ago, Cybes said:

Wanna tell me again how putting these clowns back in was more responsible than the alternatives?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2019/jun/06/the-government-has-run-the-economy-into-the-ground

Why is it that if Labor is in power, they're doing the best they can with a shit world economy, but if the Libs are in power, that argument isn't afforded to them?

Anyway,

62234579_2811888588881582_44970621202103

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

Why is it that if Labor is in power, they're doing the best they can with a shit world economy, but if the Libs are in power, that argument isn't afforded to them?

Because the Libs want all the credit for things going right, is why.  If you aren't willing to admit that you're riding the wave of a surging global economy, then you don't get to claim it's the world's fault when it tanks, either.

But, upon reflection, I think at least a chunk of the blame goes to the RBA rather than the reigning administration.  Those guys are a government institution, sure, but they don't take orders from Treasury - and they do get to set interest rates, which can feed bubbles if not actually start them.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cybes said:

From the guy who suggested Labor merge with Greens because { climate crisis, Wakanda forever, gender is fluid, believe women }.

Ok only one of those is true, but seriously, if you take economics lessons from The Guardian columnists you may as well take racial sensitivity training from Der Sturmer.

Edited by Leonid