scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, chrisg said:

So called data sovereignty has been a joke for quite a while, the cloud does that...

Cheers

Yeah, I wonder how long before that smouldering dumpster fire really kicks off... it boggles my mind how half-arsed data security is in general.

Edited by Kimmo

Indeed, mostly it can be a complete joke.

Cheers

NAS 1815+ is f**ked, so we're buying a new one (1819+) ... we don't have a choice.

😞 pragmatic but wise choice J.

Cheers

Hmm,

Fortunately personal experience suggests they do not have a fucking clue what they are doing.

Three times now I've had clients have machines seized by the cops, every time they have come back in an utter mess so it was best just to reformat and rebuild but, including one where I knew there was some dubious and not particularly well protected data they never proceeded with any of the cases.

In short they are basically possibly well meaning but morons.

Cheers

That's not really new news Jeruselem, but it just confirms the knee jerk reaction of Labor losing the election, and putting that at the door of mining jobs :\ .

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-26/france2-hugo-clement-unfair-press-arrest-adani-protest/11350520

... and now the French journos are getting arrested ... then not arrested ... LOL this QLD Gov. just really doesn't know which way to swing

Posted (edited)

Well the Sydney football stadium is a pile of rubble and NSW government sacked Lend Lease for not meeting targets, but they insist it will be built on time ... now they have find someone to finish the job.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/back-to-the-drawing-board-small-field-left-to-finish-729m-sydney-football-stadium-20190728-p52bk8.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1564349831

ROBOdebt is now chasing dead people ... YAY

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-29/centrelink-robodebt-raised-against-dead-disability-pensioner/11342994

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aliali said:

And apparently that slimy toad Barnady Joyce is struggling to make ends meet.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-29/barnaby-joyce-says-hes-struggling-on-211-thousand-dollar-income/11357798

Bloody prick.

He has an ex, and four offspring. At least two or three of those offspring are in secondary or higher education, and all are used to a certain standard of living. He has a current partner with another two offspring. Now these last two are too young to be used to anything other than being kept fed, clothed, and sheltered to at least a moderate standard ... I'm thinking the current partner would feel some entitlement too . If Barnaby's face was red before, it'll certainly maintain that colour in his efforts to pay all his dues and appear successful whilst doing it.

12 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

That's just bloody despicable behaviour from ROBOdebt.

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

🙂

I recall the NT as never more than two paces from alcohol... seems a bit bizarre...  🙂

Cheers

Look what Scumo and Josh are trying sneak through as law

https://www.treasury.gov.au/consultation/c2019-t395788

In the 2018-19 Budget, the Government announced it would introduce an economy-wide cash payment limit of $10,000 for payments made or accepted by businesses for goods and services. Transactions equal to, or in excess of this amount would need to be made using the electronic payment system or by cheque. The Black Economy Taskforce recommended this action to tackle tax evasion and other criminal activities.

The Government has today released for public consultation exposure draft legislation and accompanying explanatory material to implement the economy-wide cash payment limit from 1 January 2020 and for certain AUSTRAC reporting entities from 1 January 2021.

Submissions to the consultation are open until Monday 12 August 2019.

The Government values feedback and input from all affected stakeholders and responses to this consultation will inform the final Bill to implement the economy-wide cash payment limit.

What's the problem?  ASIC has routinely investigated any transaction over $10K since the 90s and probably before.

Though of course it's probably an ineffective change - if there's something dodgy going on then generally both parties have to be in on it so all they have to do is agree to do the $11K transaction in cash and keep it quiet as before with the feds just as much in the dark as they'd otherwise have been.

Yeah,

Or they simply stagger the payment into stages.

There always has been and always will be a "black economy" of cash transactions, it costs more to police it than they ever get back.

Cheers

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

Yeah,

Or they simply stagger the payment into stages.

There always has been and always will be a "black economy" of cash transactions, it costs more to police it than they ever get back.

Cheers

The law treats a transaction as one even if it's paid over installments. They've covered that.

🙂

I've never done it but if you change the job ID with each installment ?   🙂

Honestly they do spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to catch a very small minority whilst the big time thieves find ways around the laws so they are "Legal" even if immoral.

It suggests we are in the end being governed either by small-minded people or ones in cahoots with the big thieves - or both.

Cheers

1 minute ago, chrisg said:

🙂

I've never done it but if you change the job ID with each installment ?   🙂

Honestly they do spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to catch a very small minority whilst the big time thieves find ways around the laws so they are "Legal" even if immoral.

It suggests we are in the end being governed either by small-minded people or ones in cahoots with the big thieves - or both.

Cheers

The thieves called "Banks"?

Not just the banks my friend.

Sam Delaney once wrote a very prescient tale "Time Considered as a Helix of Semi-precious Stones"  where a society did everything it could to prevent the rise of the thieves but once they attained a certain level they were flipped over into being protected by the very entities that had attempted to thwart them. It was somewhat more complex than that but you get the idea.

Some companies simply are so big that they get away with murder, possibly literally.

Cheers

38 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Definitely interesting. It sounds like there is a case to be made there.

Ye considering the LNP uses blue normally it is definitely odd that they used AEC purple for those signs.

6 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

It would be so funny if our treasurer Josh lost his seat over rather curious matter!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-31/josh-frydenberg-and-gladys-liu-hit-with-high-court-challenge/11365722

It's sleazey behaviour sure. Some of the reasoning for raising this is also a bit iffy as well, I mean voters not being able to fully understand the procedures of voting ... " "I am concerned that the AEC allows deliberately misleading statements in a foreign language to be provided to people who may not have access to English and therefore to a full understanding of the electoral processes," she said. "...  there a fully fluent people out there who don't understand our voting protocol, so am not sure that quote is worthy. All it really says to me is that more thought should be given to the whole process of eligible voters, perhaps.

Also, why didn't someone on the day just take the signage down seeing the signage is at the least, unethical ? What ever happens re the Frydenburg and Liu, the AEC needs to be fined for allowing the signs to stay up; money from fine to be donated to drought relief