scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

3 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

In the article it says 'some' are working from home.................cleaning out the gutters?

that's not really funny is it ? It's scary.

1 minute ago, eveln said:

that's not really funny is it ? It's scary.

Funny & necessary!

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

^^ that's just a bloody waste of precious water ! Same as the Cooma water tank being bog filled till the bog no longer worked ! 

😕

Hmm.

I missed Cybes' thought about insurance companies possibly going under.

I don't even vaguely pretend to understand the insurance industry in any great detail but I was once married to a woman who worked in re-insurance. Basically the whole industry is about shared risk but of course there is an apex and unless that has changed it is still Lloyds of London who took a hell of a hammering some years ago.

So, if the local/ branch companies have been doing the right thing they will have been laying off risk in a strange pyramid that tends to end up at the back end in companies that insure insurance companies.

It sort of makes sense in a way except when some company makes a rather risky gamble on a policy and then tries to lay it off. At that point the original company may find they are either stuck with the risk or having to pay high interest to offset.

Long story short, given the increasing risk of the past few years of bushfires there very likely are some companies stuck carrying the risk themselves so they could well go under, unless they have a lot of much lower risk capital at bank.

I hope not but that is the way it sort of operates. The wise ones make sure they can offset before they front a policy but there are a lot of cowboys in the industry.

Cheers

Insurers will be fine, they'll just delay paying claims for years!

🙂

It really does depend who you insure with - I go via a broker and on the rare occasions I've had to claim it has been very quick. That said last time was years ago on a car claim and before that a burglary a decade or so ago.

I tend to spruik  Allianz rather strongly - never done me wrong but not necessarily the cheapest.

Cheers

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

It really does depend who you insure with - I go via a broker and on the rare occasions I've had to claim it has been very quick. That said last time was years ago on a car claim and before that a burglary a decade or so ago.

I tend to spruik  Allianz rather strongly - never done me wrong but not necessarily the cheapest.

Cheers

Speaking of insurance, NT is getting a cyclone. Insurers will love that.

FFS !

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-16/company-approved-to-take-water-in-drought-ravaged-queensland/11873394

" Farmers in Queensland's drought-declared and bushfire-hit Southern Downs Region say they are devastated the council is allowing a company to take up to 96 million litres of water a year for bottling.

Key points:

• The water sucked up from groundwater will be trucked to the Gold Coast for bottling
  • The water extraction licence was increased to 96 megalitres of water a year in 2010
  • In 2017 the licence was extended to automatically renew for nearly a century

The owners of Cherrabah Resort, a four-star rural hotel in Elbow Valley near Warwick, have been approved to install water extraction and purification facilities on their land, which is surrounded by drought-ravaged farming properties.

Residents of the Southern Downs are on severe water restrictions and the council has begun trucking in water to supply Stanthorpe.

However, last month the council approved an application that could see millions of litres of water sucked up from groundwater and trucked to the Gold Coast for bottling. "

You know... for a country utterly reliant on water and not having a lot of it, we’re stupendously good at being terrible managers of it.

Edited by Leonid

LOL. Malcy has become one of his own " miserable ghosts " !

Trying to stay relevant makes for cringe-worthy reading material

On 1/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Leonid said:

You know... for a country utterly reliant on water and not having a lot of it, we’re stupendously good at being terrible managers of it.

Manage it, just put it on the open market for corporations to buy and call that management simple!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/australians-to-be-evacuated-from-wuhan-sent-to-christmas-island-20200129-p53vpw.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1580259588

Those flu-ridden Australians who are in Wuhan get given a nice holiday on Xmas island for quarantine purposes of course.

Should have left them there.

Save money and possibly lives.

37 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

Trouble is, I can see that happening - minus the baseball hat.

5 hours ago, Cybes said:

Trouble is, I can see that happening - minus the baseball hat.

Of course you can see it happening. 

You can see it happening a bloody mile off, what with the oversize novelty cheques. 

I can't believe these fucken monkeys get such a free pass off so many fucken morons whose opinions match those of fucken billionaires, note for note. 

Pro tip: if you want to give a fuck about stuff, switch your brain on, maybe. Idiots. 

Edited by Kimmo

Man who can’t name a single left wing policy or dictator he’s ever disagreed with, tells General public to do something with their brains.

News at 5 with Bill Cosby on respectful relations with the opposite sex.

1 hour ago, Leonid said:

Man who can’t name a single left wing policy or dictator he’s ever disagreed with, tells General public to do something with their brains.

News at 5 with Bill Cosby on respectful relations with the opposite sex.

What channel?

So the filth promised to have implemented all 76 of the banking Royal commission's recommendations by now. 

They've implemented six. 

There were a lot more bankers in it before Hockey and Trumble left..................I don't know how many are still there.

It hardly matters. It's a white collar criminal fucken love fest. 

Speaking of scumbags.....................Bill Shorten is still hanging around waiting for Albo to fall over.

Bowen has also upped the activity lately too.