Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

10 hours ago, Cybes said:

"Giff deez pipple aya, Cohagen!"

🙂

Cheers

And the corruption and bullshit continues.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/29/collinsville-the-queensland-town-on-the-frontline-of-the-coal-wars

he only physical trace of Shine Energy, which wants to build a $2bn coal-fired power station in north Queensland, is a small post office box next to an Asian grocer at a suburban Brisbane shopping complex. The same mailbox is shared by more than a dozen online businesses, including the maker of a metal card that spuriously claims to improve the quality of wine.

Company documents show Shine Energy is worth a nominal $1,000 on paper. It has no registered financial obligations, and no physical office at its listed address.

On its website, Shine describes its business as providing “renewable energy solutions”, but the company could offer no evidence that it or its directors, mostly Birri and Widi traditional owners, has ever previously worked on an energy generation project.

What Shine does have in its favour is political support. Over the past year, as the fledgling company began to promote the idea of building of a coal-fired power station at Collinsville, the plan has gathered a string of Queensland LNP politicians as cheerleaders. This month the company was awarded $4m by the federal government to conduct a feasibility study – a grant widely viewed as a concession to pro-coal elements of the Coalition.

It will make the trams seem faster if there are no pesky buses to compete with.

We got rid of trams for a reason.

Trolley buses would have been more sensible if you were worried about diesel fumes over burning coal.

14 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

It will make the trams seem faster if there are no pesky buses to compete with.

We got rid of trams for a reason.

Trolley buses would have been more sensible if you were worried about diesel fumes over burning coal.

Steam powered trams, sounds a legit NSW government plan!

RBA lower rates to 0.5%! Can't wait for like negative rates in 2021, thanks RBA ya twats

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Steam powered trams, sounds a legit NSW government plan!

With coal-fired boolers, no doubt.

I reckon you surely must mean boilers. However, I'm gonna go check google to see if and what a "booler" might be :P

6 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

RBA lower rates to 0.5%! Can't wait for like negative rates in 2021, thanks RBA ya twats

They are moving them the wrong way.....................what if something really bad happens?

No wriggle room.

Light rail is just another modern day "meetoo" - ism.

Sydney got them so Newcastle had to get them, then Wollongong and now Canberra.

What gets me about the local ones is there's absolutely SFA technology thrown into the mix.

With modern systems they could have avoided duplicating much of the track and could have automated them rather than needing drivers.

But no, none of that.

The biggest positive though is that the disruption to car traffic isn't near as bad as I'd expected.

But visually, it's a blight on the landscape.  Northborne Avenue used to be a postcard, but not anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eveln said:

I reckon you surely must mean boilers. However, I'm gonna go check google to see if and what a "booler" might be 😛

Dunno how I bungled that spelling - I'm gonna blame the 'phone.  Yes, I meant "boilers".

Josh Fraudenberg is talking the Quarter 4 2019 economic results and talking complete BS as usual

3 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Then the bushfires were all worthwhile... 

I guess it takes people to die before stuff gets done with government!

That's the way it usually goes Jeruselem.

Just filed:

Petition EN1347 - Requesting a vote of no confidence in the current government