Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Maybe.  In theory you might be able to just do it locally, or only keep the metrics data at the host.

Don't really have much of an issue with two factor auth. My bank uses it but their security is already  pretty good.

Never yet had a one-time code not arrive (just jinxed myself 🙂  )

Cheers

For bank transfers, great idea.  But for applications that don't need it, turn it off.

Though I guess another plus for it is often these bell-ends keep the password database in plain text and have a habit of it being hacked.

If you can turn it off. I don't recall when I set it up but I think MyGov for example it is mandatory.

Cheers

NSW ... coal authorised under ... the water supply, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/environment/sustainability/strict-rules-for-new-coal-mining-under-sydney-reservoir-20200329-p54eyd.html

The Berejiklian government has given the nod for the extension of coal mining under one of Greater Sydney's reservoirs, the first such approval in two decades.

The Planning Department earlier this month told Peabody Energy it could proceed with the extraction of coal from three new longwalls, two of which will go beneath Woronora reservoir.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

That's our smallest one................obviously a test case!

I can see a "minor" accident when the entire dam gets drained into the mine ...

Edited by Jeruselem

8 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

I can see a "minor" accident when the entire dam gets drained into the mine ...

But..............no accidents............they'll keep going all the way to Warragamba................and then...............!?

I'm just about sure they're already doing something like that with Warragamba - the idea was proposed years ago and would have added a small but important growth in size.

And didn't Kev. get hammered for giving us nine hundred and fifty bucks ?! Imagine what are taxes are gunna be like when this pandemic is done....

The GFC or should I say NAFC effects were somewhat less and the stimulus was dished out before we were affected.

This is affecting us now.

But have to say, I'll be grateful if I still get to retire at 67.  Every chance the retirement age will increase by a year for every month we do lockdown.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rybags said:

The GFC or should I say NAFC effects were somewhat less and the stimulus was dished out before we were affected.

This is affecting us now.

But have to say, I'll be grateful if I still get to retire at 67.  Every chance the retirement age will increase by a year for every month we do lockdown.

I hear ya bruther!

I feel like the donkey pulling the cart with that carrot hanging on a string and a stick!

9 hours ago, Rybags said:

if I still get to retire at 67. 

...but then you'll be like one of those irritating- strolling-with their hands behind their backs, newly retirees you've been banging on about ... better to be constructive till you die.  ... you know, that self- satisfied grandiose look you see them with... that's just pretend ... they desperately want to stay feeling wanted and needed and paid ... lol

I'll have more constructive stuff to do... as it stands I've got things on the backburner that've been that way for decades.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rybags said:

I'll have more constructive stuff to do... as it stands I've got things on the backburner that've been that way for decades.

Yeah............I've got enough shit to keep me going until at least 100!

(I'm supposed to attend a 100th in May but I guess that's going to be 101!)

Posted (edited)

A new mine expansion in NSW but water supply dam walls could collapse. With all this worry about catching a virus, NSW are sneaking in mines which could destroy the water supply.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/sustainability/waternsw-warns-of-extreme-risks-from-expansion-of-catchment-coal-mine-20200419-p54l67.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1

So Malcy's got  his memiors published and apparently some in Gov. have been sending copies on line pre the official sales. naughty naughty.

From the limited coverage I've seen the last few days it's like he's claiming victim status and taking credit for his own backstabbery saving us from the evil Right.

I suppose it'll get it's share of sales with plenty of people with time to burn at the moment.

700 pages.  Fark.

What's it called?  "Sour Grapes.  The Malcolm Turncoat Story"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rybags said:

700 pages.  Fark.

What's it called?  "Sour Grapes.  The Malcolm Turncoat Story"

On the money there.

13 hours ago, eveln said:

why expected ? 

It does have a name @Rybags I'd have to go google ...

is that a rhetorical question ?

14 hours ago, Rybags said:

700 pages.  Fark.

malcolm always had a way with words, and the concise descriptor is verbose, although i'd accept grandiloquent as a secondary characteristic

i wish they'd used my letter to the smh in 2003 (October 13) as a prologue :

Enough whingeing about Malcolm Turnbull. He shows great promise as a Liberal member and a potential PM. He's devious and divisive; he's manipulative and has media skills. He manages to present himself as a progressive in dabbling with constitutional reform, while having been instrumental in defeating any chance for a republic by championing an unacceptable option. He's the right stuff for conservative leadership. All he has to do is get up in the preselection and pledge allegiance to The Liberal Way, then follow tradition by ascending to the top after shafting the leader in a predictable display of Machiavellian finesse. The perfect candidate, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

is that a rhetorical question ?

if you're referring to the " why expected  ? "  ... no not rhetorical.