Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

Posted (edited)

apex-association-of-australia-in-an-effo

43 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Bring back Al Grassby!

Christ but he wore the most atrocious jackets !

Edited by eveln

That was high fashion in the 70s!  Just ask Rodney Dangerfield.

• Like 1

Yes. It's probably a super well made jacket in the flesh too. 😉

I think he was more famous for his ties..........................

NFI why that claim was made, but it's an entire state and supposedly the biggest is NYPD which is just the city so probably anything from 4-18 million people covered vs 8 for NSW.

Then you have London, but maybe it's split into boroughs?

4 hours ago, Rybags said:

NFI why that claim was made, but it's an entire state and supposedly the biggest is NYPD which is just the city so probably anything from 4-18 million people covered vs 8 for NSW.

Yes, that was mentioned in the article.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Talking about the fwits who can't bothered saving our main river system?

no talking about he idea of taking produce from overseas instead of from our farmers coming out of drought, bushfires, floods and COVID -19

edit: who knows though, maybe the EU is gonna buy the produce China is denying / or putting hefty tariffs on ... at least that would make it more understandable

edit: but the article does not state Birmingham even mentioning the China tantrum

Edited by eveln

Why doesn't the EU send the French Fries to China then?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Might be this part of the form - it looks like you can only get the form through the Business Portal from MyGov.

If it is, then you'd need to be a bit of a nonce to fuck it up...

through_stp_image5.png

Edited by Rybags

6 hours ago, eveln said:

I would have thought this a key time to shore up our farmers first and foremost ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-22/farmers-call-for-emergency-action-to-save-potato-industry/12271314

🤷‍♀️
There's anti-dumping laws but I don't know if they'd apply to chips and not raw potatoes.

It's shit when farmers have a bad season, but they're in business and not a charity. 

Aus wine has had troubles for a while now, with too much overproduction getting spent in cleanskins.  Doesn't stop the imports happening tho'.

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

🤷‍♀️
There's anti-dumping laws but I don't know if they'd apply to chips and not raw potatoes.

It's shit when farmers have a bad season, but they're in business and not a charity. 

Aus wine has had troubles for a while now, with too much overproduction getting spent in cleanskins.  Doesn't stop the imports happening tho'.

Well if I were an Aussie spud farmer ( or any veg/ grain/ stock ) I would think it would be good business to be wanting and asking my Government to do right by the country's producers first in these strange times that are currently forced on ourselves.

12 minutes ago, eveln said:

Well if I were an Aussie spud farmer ( or any veg/ grain/ stock ) I would think it would be good business to be wanting and asking my Government to do right by the country's producers first in these strange times that are currently forced on ourselves.

haha do right by.  Yeah, that's what this Govt is known for.

• Like 1

Just now, Nich... said:

haha do right by.  Yeah, that's what this Govt is known for.

it's hard to see what Gov. ( so far )  did right in all the ways they could have . This one has tried bloody hard to do right with all the health shit needed over this time hasn't it ? I mean granted not perfect but our numbers stack up for the almighty WHO don't they ?

Farrrk some people are hard to please ...lol

I just think maybe their brains went slack with lack of oxygen ( havin' to wear masks must hinder the breathing ) ... and are not thinking clearly about the important things like supporting the re-emergence of our industries

This is the same Govt that was happy to see the car industry completely fold 🤷‍♀️

Ford - poor marketing and management for most of the last 25 years.

Holden - GM worldwide so pathetic that they're pulling out of right-hand-drive markets near completely.

Toyota - when their main competitors announced they were pulling the plug, they had a potential bonanza on their hands but instead just followed suit.

Historically the car makers have taken money and given little back in return.  Nissan took something like a $30 million grant just months before they shut down.

It's a whack to the pride for sure, but the net job losses aren't all that great, and the profits were going offshore anyway.

• Like 1

The car industry was a basket case brought about by all Governments since about 1960.

When it folded, there were workers there earning up to three times the award outside.

It was beyond fixing.

What would happen was, the unions would ask for a pay rise, the companies would give it too them and then go straight to the Government to increase the handout to cover it.............which they always did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

The car industry was a basket case brought about by all Governments since about 1960.

When it folded, there were workers there earning up to three times the award outside.

It was beyond fixing.

What would happen was, the unions would ask for a pay rise, the companies would give it too them and then go straight to the Government to increase the handout to cover it.............which they always did.

I often wonder if unions realise they are pricing their workers out of the market so they end up with less money in the long run when their employers disappear. Always after the short term wins. I like the idea of unions far more than what unions have become. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

I often wonder if unions realise they are pricing their workers out of the market so they end up with less money in the long run when their employers disappear. Always after the short term wins. I like the idea of unions far more than what unions have become. 

I used to work for a Union.............it was a long time ago.

The problem is keeping the membership numbers up.

If you are not seen to be doing something, some members just let their membership lapse and then you are spiraling down the plughole.

Members really should think of it like insurance.

• Like 1