scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

So what bills are quietly being passed through while furore is going on ??

Usually I'd wonder the same, but given the sheer number of stupid misgauges this government has made, I actually think they might legitimately be this incompetent.

I just lost it........I am currently admitting myself into a sanitorium. Goodbye to...what I thought was Australia and welcome USA Version 2.0

it said in the smh that one of the jobs of the border force is to gather intelligence

surely they won't be able to do that by hanging around a government which appears to have none

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't think the federal government had any idea this monumental fuck up was going to unfold. But it points to a rather distressing culture within the Boarder Force agency. How anyone thought that was an appropriate press release is fucking beyond me.

Unfortunately for Abbot, this latest blunder may not have been his fault, but it sure as fuck is his responsibility. It's just going to be seen as another example that this federal government doesn't seem to care too much about what the current laws actual are, or the judicial process that upholds them.

abbott's up smoking the good weed in the far far far north. He thinks he's far enough from the fan :D

Edited by eveln

To be fair, I don't think the federal government had any idea this monumental fuck up was going to unfold. But it points to a rather distressing culture within the Boarder Force agency. How anyone thought that was an appropriate press release is fucking beyond me.

Unfortunately for Abbot, this latest blunder may not have been his fault, but it sure as fuck is his responsibility. It's just going to be seen as another example that this federal government doesn't seem to care too much about what the current laws actual are, or the judicial process that upholds them.

Unless it affects someone who matters....

"we're going to mingle with the cosmopolitan crowds in melbourne, and perchance peruse their papers in case they need to be detained as suspected terrorists"

"um, that's a bit extreme isn't it ?"

"now that you put it like that, no comment, as this is an operational matter, and please come with us...."

if it's dutton's portfolio he can quite reasonably deny prior knowledge if that is how he rolls, but under the westminster system (if that's where we still are, and should be given the royalist leanings of the current liberal pack) it is his responsibility to appease the worried public and re-educate the minions under his charge

what a total bunch of tossers - yet again

it's bad enough that they are a pathetic government, but even worse that they dodge any rightful criticism or culpability and go one better than the immortal joh bjelke's "don't you worry about that"

come october 13 and the onset of metadata retention, we can shout as one, in the tradition of alfred e. neuman "what, me worry ?"

"we're going to mingle with the cosmopolitan crowds in melbourne, and perchance peruse their papers in case they need to be detained as suspected terrorists"

"um, that's a bit extreme isn't it ?"

"now that you put it like that, no comment, as this is an operational matter, and please come with us...."

Yeah. If you're going to do that, you have to say it right: "Papieren bitte!"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-30/peter-duttons-office-received-border-force-press-release/6735584

"Peter Dutton's office received an advanced copy of the press release saying Australian Border Force officers would be cracking

down on visa fraud but no-one read it, the Immigration Minister says."

what an arse, and is that meant to excuse his ignorance ?

if you can't manage to read items pertinent to your job (or organise your staff to triage and bring potentially problematic things to your attention in a timely fashion), you need a suppository of wisdom inserted where the sun don't shine

really, at least craig thomson was organised enough to pay for sex, whereas this mob just fuck with us and get us to pay for it

I love how the official statement is basically 'we're lazy and incompetent as fuck'. That's the sugar-coated glammed-up version.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-30/peter-duttons-office-received-border-force-press-release/6735584

"Peter Dutton's office received an advanced copy of the press release saying Australian Border Force officers would be cracking

if you can't manage to read items pertinent to your job (or organise your staff to triage and bring potentially problematic things to your attention in a timely fashion), you need a suppository of wisdom inserted where the sun don't shine

really, at least craig thomson was organised enough to pay for sex, whereas this mob just fuck with us and get us to pay for it

The suppository of wisdom!

Next internet meme?

(edit: Oh, it was an Abottism....)

Edited by Director

Yes. These days it seems to be accepted practice.

Totally unrelated area : I know a dude (GM ) who doesn't ever go into areas he wouldn't normally traverse, not even when he's

obviously doing a walk round to see nothing untoward has occurred.

Does my head in, as I have to use the ladies restroom which on many occasions in the last year has been positively revolting.

If heads of dept. have the right verbal spin they can get away with all sorts of shit ;) What this means for Dutton's underlings

is just a huge mouthing off and maybe somebody's travel expenses will get leaked.

... and, when you can't blame "ignorance" as an excuse ... you blame ... Fairfax and the ABC

Oh dear the shoes on the Libs foot now ... sooo sad ...NOT.

They really do live in another universe away from everything.

I haven't met a single person in the real world who has anything good to say about the current government, or shorten for that matter. Even a Victorian Liberal party member who is staffer for an MP said that Abbot and his crew have damaged the Liberal brand that badly that they've decided to go their own way entirely and publicly NOT support the federal government.

And business is just as sick of them because there's no workable policy coming through that creates any kind of certainty.

Would be awesome if the GG could step in and desolve parliment entirely, start again with fresh people and ideas. I almost feel as though the career politician has to go. Serve two or three terms and then you're out.

So stop voting for them.

Stop voting for who, exactly?

"At all"? Then you are absolutely guaranteed of not having a say in what you want, or who should do it.

"For moron X"? You don't actually get a choice in that regard - the Party you select gets to do that. In a perfect world, that person would be your choice of expert-in-the-field for the Ministerial position, or more realistically would at least know a bit about their portfolio, but is probably going to end up being none of the aforementioned. "But you put that idiot in their Seat! You can at least not vote fore them there!" True, but what if the Opposition for that Seat at that time is just as big an idiot? Or worse?

Ballot papers need a "None of the above" checkbox - or at least to accept stating your own preferences for Party (because very few people can be bothered to "Number every box below the line.")

"At all"? Then you are absolutely guaranteed of not having a say in what you want, or who should do it.

As that seems to be the case anyway, the yeah, that's probably what I'll do from now on.

Ballot papers need a "None of the above" checkbox -

Yep.

(because very few people can be bothered to "Number every box below the line.")

That's what they rely on. :)

So stop voting for them.

If my single vote represented the entire Australian electorate, they wouldn't be there.

But it doesn't. I get one vote, for one person, in my one seat.

Do you guys contact your MP?

hahahahaha..... for me, that's tony abbott

last time i wrote to his office i received a form letter that was essentially a polite "fuck you", and then having put my head out of the trench, they started to besiege me with letters asking if i had considered becoming a donor for the liberal party

and in other news, poor peter dutton believes fairfax has declared a jihad on his party, and that the abc is in collusion to try and bring them down

quite apart from the fact that the liberals are doing a fine job of crucifying themselves if they want any comparisons to a holy war, i would point out that trying to paint the non-partisan press as akin to muslim extremists shows just how removed from reality (and international political sensitivity) these idiots are

nice one, adults in charge

ooh, how unfair that the press are reporting them in an uncomplimentary though entirely deserved manner ? actually, not unfair at all

tony burns with his hot irony at the end of this linked video; pity where they cut the bit where dutton attributes his problems with sources to the abc, and the reporter said "actually, i was referring to your party colleagues"

https://www.facebook.com/abcnews.au/videos/vb.72924719987/10154364083159988/?type=2&theater

with suppositories of wisdom like this, who needs enemas ?