scruffy1

how crap is this government ?

:)

I just loved how AusPost blamed the net for their need to raise prices and announced the changes on YouTube...

Still, they have a point, after all who writes a letter any more? I think we posted two Christmas cards this year and posted maybe three presents.

Cheers

Still, they have a point, after all who writes a letter any more? I think we posted two Christmas cards this year and posted maybe three presents.

Cheers

Ye freight is where it's at with all the online shopping everyone does. In this space Aus Post has a lot of competition of course so they can't afford to be substantially more expensive than the other freight companies which means they cannot cross subsidise from parcel delivery to letters etc.

Cheers

Ye freight is where it's at with all the online shopping everyone does. In this space Aus Post has a lot of competition of course so they can't afford to be substantially more expensive than the other freight companies which means they cannot cross subsidise from parcel delivery to letters etc.

We pay to have a PO box. cos the postie doesn't deliver here. I had a couple of stamps left from last xmas... they were still good to go

this year :) . That's a thirty cent hike now. I actually prefer the relative security of a PO box, so I put up with thirty something dollars

it is yearly. There's no real way I can be secure from in-house ( postal staff ) mail theft, is all.

I've no real idea whether the current costs for stamps is really too much. I like that we still have snail mail.

The expected solution to fix auspost, the only one the current government knows ... Privatize it

Only the Jewish elite will be doing the same next year.

The expected solution to fix auspost, the only one the current government knows ... Privatize it

Must have been havin' a blind moment and it's been outrageously baking hot weather for housework today

... of course, yes privatize Australia Post !

Then what happens ?

Depending on how important a sender deems their mail, will of course determine the quality of security and service

and cost they ( the sender, and most likely the recipient, cos you know they'll be willing to pay to receive important

mail) will pay. So the sky's the limit. Won't that be fun :\

I annoy my bank by not switching to electronic nail,

I'm hoping you meant "m" not "n". The same here. I go to the bank or use their atm. My wages of course go in electronically.

But I do my bill paying etc. myself. Sure I pay for it in my time and fuel, but I can.

Edited by eveln

But hey, let's vote for them anyway, I'm sure they can serve society with much more efficiency and honesty.....

I actually dont see anything wrong with having a party on one of our ships, its not like they are doing anything else important. All political parties who favour our defence force should be allowed to have parties on the ships, with the blessings of the Navy of course (which they got in form of vouchers)

But hey, let's vote for them anyway, I'm sure they can serve society with much more efficiency and honesty.....

I actually dont see anything wrong with having a party on one of our ships, its not like they are doing anything else important. All political parties who favour our defence force should be allowed to have parties on the ships, with the blessings of the Navy of course (which they got in form of vouchers)

I'm all for that as long as they fire the participants out of a cannon into the sea at the end of the party.

• Like 2

Trouble is the guy was trying to run it as a Nationals party fundraiser. That's the problem IMO. He got the tickets fairly cheaply via an RFDS fundraiser then was trying to flog them at a huge markup for a party political function.

If he had just used the tickets for their original purpose then not a problem really, although I would think a half decent politician would then either donate the tickets back to the RFDS or use them for some navy vets or the like to have a free lunch aboard the ship.

• Like 1

The price per letter thing is actually more convoluted than people think. This has little to do with us sending our grannies a letter because she doesn't own a computer.

Instead, it comes down to international postage. There is an agreement many countries are signed to. The agreement proportions how much money the postal service may claim as part of the delivery fees. eg. If you pay a US company '$x', then the receiving country receives a proportion of that.

However, the amount they receive is based on (roll of drums!) The local postage charge.

By agreements, they cannot raise the price of international deliveries independently.

But if they raise local prices, then by proportion, their bite of the cherry of international deliveries goes up.

The majority of the profit for delivering letters and parcels is in their international arm.

But here's the thing. By doing this, they don't have to do any redundancies!

So for me? What does it mean? I might spend about another $2/year. Whoop. De... Doo..

If it keeps people employed and this business viable, go for it.

AD

• Like 1

That's been going on for years. And if the employee is being underpaid, they need to escallate it legally. If they're not getting award, they have a case. If they are getting award, they are not underpaid.

Subcontractors also have an agreement. If you don't like the service, complain to AusPost. If it keeps happening, dodgy contractor loses contract.

AD

Hey scruffy1 what do reckon if this candidate ? Is this person's politics worthy of your attention ? :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-10/xenophon-announces-his-party's-candidate-for-tony-abbott's-seat/7079254

" Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has conceded it would take a "small political miracle" for his candidate to

win Tony Abbott's safe Sydney seat at the next election.

The South Australian senator launched the campaign of psychologist and counsellor Marie Rowland who is

running for election in the seat of Warringah as the candidate for his political party, the Nick Xenophon Team.

He said voters were looking for an alternative to the major parties.

"We know that with the volatility of what occurred in the Queensland election that there is a real spirit and a

mood for change," Mr Xenophon said."

Edited by eveln

I know the link does not want to copy but it is there in the ABC site O_0 ... I've tried to copy/paste it twice now

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-10/xenophon-announces-his-party%27%27s-candidate-for-tony-abbott%27s-seat/7079254

I think that got it... a bug in the forum software, or rendering engine or something. It got upset because of the single quote '

I fixored it by inserting another one.

ed - I saw her on the news earlier... if it comes to be that she doesn't win the seat, she can come down here and sit on my one.

Edited by Rybags

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-10/xenophon-announces-his-party%27%27s-candidate-for-tony-abbott%27s-seat/7079254

I think that got it... a bug in the forum software, or rendering engine or something. It got upset because of the single quote '

I fixored it by inserting another one.

ed - I saw her on the news earlier... if it comes to be that she doesn't win the seat, she can come down here and sit on my one.

ah hahaha

Thanks for that Rybags. Wasn't sure what the issue was. Was on the point of sitting down to dinner when it went scewy.

I think Tony Abbott is way past his political used by date ...

Dude he has been past his use by date since 4 November 1957 (the day he was born).

I think Tony Abbott is way past his political used by date ...

Dude he has been past his use by date since 4 November 1957 (the day he was born).

Yes well he belongs to 1857 ...

Edited by Jeruselem