AccessDenied

It's been nearly a year.. D&D NEXT enrol within

Cybes: How is 8:30 - 10:30pm? Would this be "Roommates would kill me?" territory?

Ummm.... I think you may have read my times 12-hours out, AD. Look at Nich's comment a bit earlier:

How long would it take you to cycle to being awake of a mid-late evening, Cybes?

"Normally" (weak laugh), it would take me something like a week to get it back right, and it should be good again for almost a month. This time, however... I just woke up at 10pm, after 4 hours sleep. God only knows when I'm sleeping next.

I'm flexible, but I don't want to deal with " can't do this week. Can't do this week.. Can do.. Can't do. Can do"

1 off "Can't do" That's life... It happens.

<nod> I can appreciate that. I've always hated it in games I've played in from other players, let alone stuff I GM'd. And that's why I can't commit to this game - at least not now. I had almost 4 months of really stable normal hours just recently, so it does happen, but just now I'm all over the damned place.

Nope sorry, can't do it then. That's a night reserved for Nael Deus Darnus for the foreseeable future.

I could probably do Sundays or Tuesdays as well but any other night I'm wiped from the day and usually go to bed about half 9.

Mondays would be good for me. Maybe Tuesdays. I have a tiny bit of experience but am impatient of character building (not my thing) but happy to do the strict ruleset thing.

If you'll have me? :D Doesn't look like you've started yet?

Tuesdays.. That could work.

Can I get a confirm from people. (Catmosphere: You're not too late! And I can provide you with a pre-rolled character if you tell me what class you want!)

AD

I'm in. Now to purchase myself a d20 and keep it in my pants for 12 hours before playing....

o.O

That just might be the oddest method of dice intimidation I've seen.

hhee..

I'll look over this in the next day or so.. I'll update OP in that time. I'll then PM people.. In meantime, those interested, please discuss what method of communication you feel is best. I'll try to work on it.

If all else fails, I'll rebuild my vent server and we'll use that. (Or we could use G+ hangout). Whatever.

AD

Tuesdays.. That could work.

Can I get a confirm from people. (Catmosphere: You're not too late! And I can provide you with a pre-rolled character if you tell me what class you want!)

AD

cleric!

are there domains? some sort of offensive caster thing...

thanks AD!

What kind of time we looking at here?

Hmmm actually if it's like 8.30 I might be able to do it. I'm usually back by around 8pm

I wouldn't mind trying out the offensive caster - wizard? - to see how the new spell system works.

Cleric and Wizard.. Check.

Cat: I'll check the 'pre-roll' that comes with the game. If it's not appropriate, I'll roll one for you. (Good practice!)

Chaos: Welcome..

I'm going to want to try and keep this "Fighter, cleric, wizard and rogue" (That's what this adventure is built around), but I'm happy for 'own rolled' characters. The latest Basic Rules are now available online (V2.0). Now with extra spells for wizards IIRC.

For rogues, backstab is now easier to implement. Significantly easier. Less faffing about with flanking or stealth or whatever.

Fighters are more consistent damage and increased likelyhood to hit. Also designed to be more 'party protector' (So giving disadvantage to enemies attacking an ally for example)

AD

Well magic weapons are severely limited in 5th ed.

I'd suggest either rogue or fighter. Fighter is more consistent. Rogue is more 'spikey' with damage. Some massive wonders. And then some simple basic strikes.

AD

Well magic weapons are severely limited in 5th ed.

I'd suggest either rogue or fighter. Fighter is more consistent. Rogue is more 'spikey' with damage. Some massive wonders. And then some simple basic strikes.

AD

Probably a Rogue, if the character sheets are anything like SPECIAL then I like to spec High Int, Perception and Charisma, average everything else and I like sneak attack crits if that's a thing.

Reaper: I'm giving you the warning that D&D 5 is .... different...

Int doesn't give huge skill bonus's anymore. (IF that's what you're angling for)

Wisdom = Perception.

Charisma = diplomacy/intimidation etc

For big crits, you'll want Dex. (Finesse weapon)

I'll give you more details in a bit. I bought the PHB today! (HOORAY!!)

I'll look into it and advise you. Did you want me to build for you or did you want to build yourself with guidance?

AD

Reaper: I'm giving you the warning that D&D 5 is .... different...

Int doesn't give huge skill bonus's anymore. (IF that's what you're angling for)

Wisdom = Perception.

Charisma = diplomacy/intimidation etc

For big crits, you'll want Dex. (Finesse weapon)

I'll give you more details in a bit. I bought the PHB today! (HOORAY!!)

I'll look into it and advise you. Did you want me to build for you or did you want to build yourself with guidance?

AD

I have seriously never played any D & D before, what I know I know because I'm from the internet. The only RPGs I've played are PC ones and a few ancient MUDs waaaay back in the day. My recent experience with character gen is limited to Fallout 3 and New Vegas but I do almost always tend to build characters a certain way and play them a certain way so I might get you to guide me through the process beforehand.

One day I will play a Bard or Cleric hybrid and RP Jesus. But not this game.

• Like 1

Reaper: No worries.

So, I'll give some basic suggestions for now for Rogue so you can mentally build around the idea.

First: Dexterity.. 70% your core skills are based on this. Disarm traps? Dex. Dodge? Dex. Attack? Dex.

Second: Wisdom. Next 10%. Wisdom covers perception based things. Searching for treasure? Wis. Spotting traps? Wis. (Think of it as inately knowing where to look for treasure/traps)

Third: Constitution: Next 10%. This is health and ability to not be affected by harmful effects. You'll often be near frontline if you want to backstab. Having the extra hitpoints will help if you are here.

Fourth: Charisma: Call it 8%.The artful dodger. Useful for social (But I suggest it's usefuless will be limited in this campaign. Rely on Cleric for this)

Fifth tied sixth: Intelligence and Strength. Knowledge is good. But so is strength. For a rogue, they're not essential. Intelligence can actually be a 'dump stat'. Strength is marginally more useful as it allows you to carry more, jump further etc.

However, I'm willing to be flexible.

Perhaps if you think of Wisdom as 'innate understanding' and seperate it from Intelligence it will help you with your mindset of character.

AD

One day I will play a Bard or Cleric hybrid and RP Jesus. But not this game.

In the last game I ever played I was a Bard/Cleric dual class.

That was SO fun. :)