AccessDenied

It's been nearly a year.. D&D NEXT enrol within

Just for lols I did a which D & D character are you quiz I don't have much to compare it to but it seems reasonable enough to me.

Chaotic Good Human Bard (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 14

Alignment:
Chaotic Good- A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit. However, chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment when it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

hehehe.. Nice...

Bard Cleric can work well. It's just a shame spell levels don't stack. (in 3.5. Not sure on 5 yet)

Bard/Rogue/Shadow Dancer was DEADLY! First level in rogue. Get the MAJOR skill points. Bump everything. Next level bard. ALL POINTS INTO PERFORM(DANCE) with any remaining in hide if possible. Next few levels in rogue. Get Hide to 10. Shadow Dancer.

BAM.. Before fight, Perform (Inspiration. +1 to hit and damage for everyone). Go to fight. "HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT". Backstab. "HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT" Backstab. Oh you cast a spell at me? EVASION! No damage.

If you didn't want to be backstabbed, you had to focus on the Shadow dancer which you could ONLY do 50% of the time, because the rest of the time the shadow dancer had vanished.

High enough level? SHADOW JUMP. 50' away? Let me hide in plain sight, then shadow jump into YOUR shadow, then backstab you.

AD

• Like 1

Hmmm.. is there a link to the sheets we should be using.

I've rolled (and rerolled) a character and now I'm working through the list of stuff from the pdf. I just need somewheres to writes it down.

Ahhh K. I haven't gotten that far through yet.

Elven Bard is my usual line. Might make this one a Spy.

Reading the PHB.. Then turned to the front for whatever reason (Blame reddit). Read the disclaimer.

This is genuine. From PHB:

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in th emouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, "Are you really sure?"

AD

• Like 1

Just for lols I did a which D & D character are you quiz I don't have much to compare it to but it seems reasonable enough to me.

Ability Scores:

Strength- 14

Dexterity- 12

Constitution- 13

Intelligence- 16

Wisdom- 12

Charisma- 14

Alignment:

Chaotic Good- A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit. However, chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment when it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

Race:

Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:

Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Heh, close on human or elf, and neutral good.

You Are A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 12

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 11

Intelligence- 14

Wisdom- 13

Charisma- 11

Alignment:

True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:

Class:

Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXX (5)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXXX (7)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXX (6)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
Barbarian - (-8)
Bard ------ (-4)
Cleric ---- (0)
Druid ----- (-2)
Fighter --- XX (2)
Monk ------ (-17)
Paladin --- (-21)
Ranger ---- XX (2)
Rogue ----- (-4)
Sorcerer -- XXXX (4)
Wizard ---- XXXXXX (6)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 14

Dexterity- 12

Constitution- 13

Intelligence- 16

Wisdom- 12

Charisma- 14

Alignment:

Race:

Class:

Heh, close on human or elf, and neutral good.

You Are A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 12

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 11

Intelligence- 14

Wisdom- 13

Charisma- 11

Alignment:

True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:

Class:

Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXX (5)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXXX (7)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXX (6)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
Barbarian - (-8)
Bard ------ (-4)
Cleric ---- (0)
Druid ----- (-2)
Fighter --- XX (2)
Monk ------ (-17)
Paladin --- (-21)
Ranger ---- XX (2)
Rogue ----- (-4)
Sorcerer -- XXXX (4)
Wizard ---- XXXXXX (6)

LOL

Chaotic Neutral Half Elf Bard here according to that quiz.

Apparently I tend to roleplay reasonably true to form :P

Damn Tuesdays :(

If you use Vent\TS can I request a 'grant to speak' approval for the players; and leave the room open? so people can be a fly on the wall to the game in play?

I'm out too often on Tuesdays to commit but I'd love to listen in when I am free.

hhee..

I'll look over this in the next day or so.. I'll update OP in that time. I'll then PM people.. In meantime, those interested, please discuss what method of communication you feel is best. I'll try to work on it.

If all else fails, I'll rebuild my vent server and we'll use that. (Or we could use G+ hangout). Whatever.

AD

I have a TS server. A game I was in tried to use skype but that wasn't as good as a typical vent server. I paid like $40 for 12months on a Teamspeak server that seems to work well.

Oh and we used http://roll20.net/ which is pretty good.

All is good. Vent server takes moments to configure.

But if you have a TS server all setup we can go with that.

I'm flat out today.. Going to a friends wedding. Due to leave shortly, and in the meantime I have to wrangle a 5yr old for a sleepover at Grandma + Grandpas house.

Needless to say, I'm not going to day anything today. But I'll update first post and add more stuff tomorrow sometime.

AD

Reading comments, these are the people that have given some reasonable level of "Confirm" for a Tuesday game from 8:30pm - 10:30pm.

ReapermanRS
Catmosphere
Nich
Chaoslady

I can run the campaign with 4, but there is room for 1 more if someone wants to fill it.. If I missed your name, please speak up.

Does anyone need help with creating a character? Does anyone want a pre-gen?

So far I have Cat wanting to be Cleric, Nich wanting to be wizard, and Chaos implying rogue. (But she'd love bard. I'll see what I can work out for future)

Own dice preferred, but online rollers allowed if you don't want to buy dice. Just send me a link as to the online riceroller.

Comms: TS? Vent? Happy with any.

AD

I been rolling today until I got a char I was reasonably happy with. Have worked out basic back story and info, although may need some help on a few things as I'm kinda old school and vers 5 is using a few things I'm not familar with and I'm not sure what you are including and what you aren't/

I'm using one of the online die links that was posted.

If you wanna PM me for info you need, I'll work it out with you.

Oh - and I *think* I rolled up a elven rogue. So that's a place to start anyway. :)

For sure, Elven Rogue works..

I don't want to do too much in PM. If you have something you are confused about, I'd love to sort it out in a way that other people could learn something.

I have been reading the PHB, and let's just say that's what in there would make an OP'd party for Lost Mines. (Which is what you'll be playing). So I want to avoid too much of that, but there are some clarifications in there which are relevant.

AD

Mmmk. Just tell me how you want me to do it.

So I dug up the app I had on my iPad and discovered it was about 2 editions out of date - however Lion's Den have the v5 app available. It's called D20 Fight Club: D&D 5th Edition and it's actually pretty good. Free to try, but only $3.50 for the full version. They have a d20 calculator as well - free to try (has ads) but only $1.50 for the no ad version. The app also helps you work out modifiers and calculate stuff easily and the die roller is excellent.

Lemmee know if you are interested and can't find it. :)

Reading comments, these are the people that have given some reasonable level of "Confirm" for a Tuesday game from 8:30pm - 10:30pm.

ReapermanRS

Catmosphere

Nich

Chaoslady

I can run the campaign with 4, but there is room for 1 more if someone wants to fill it.. If I missed your name, please speak up.

Does anyone need help with creating a character? Does anyone want a pre-gen?

So far I have Cat wanting to be Cleric, Nich wanting to be wizard, and Chaos implying rogue. (But she'd love bard. I'll see what I can work out for future)

Own dice preferred, but online rollers allowed if you don't want to buy dice. Just send me a link as to the online riceroller.

Comms: TS? Vent? Happy with any.

AD

I've got two TS servers we could use but I'm thinking the smaller of the two would be better. PBKAC TS is kind of chaotic

216.12.210.139:10167 is the addy. Or we can use Catmospheres I'm not fussed.

I'll have a look for a D20 tomorrow otherwise I'll be using an online roller at least for this week and I will need help rolling a character Given what everyone else has picked I think a fighter will be the best bet although I now can't get this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gJEEIg9XlBY#t=68

out of my mind.

TS is fine. Will be using an online roller.

May want a small chat about building a wizard; never had to do one before and pretty sure it's radically different to my L5R wizard.

I would probably be pushing it to have a character built in time for tomorrow, I have 'stuff' to do before an afternoon of classes.

Is there anything we can be told on the expected level range of the game? Don't want to build a character around stuff it'll never have access to.

I'm thinking tomorrow night maybe more character construction. So, get you character ideas, and if you need help, we'll do that.

Levels will be approx 1 - 5.

I think it's a little short notice for tomorrow night to start running.

It was just a little rushed at the end of this planning.

AD

I'm up for some char creation tomorrow night.

I should be home by about 7ish. Let me know what I need to do to join in.

Looking at building a (probably dex rather than str based) tankish wizard.

I have some stuff sorted, but I guess I need to do a lot more reading to work out backgrounds and etc.

Are we starting with level 0 or 1?