krispy89

The day the laughter died

A complete and utter shock to myself and millions of others when we heard that Robin Williams had committed suicide this morning.

Source.

My deepest condolences go out to his family, along with the millions (If not billions) of fans of his work.

He will be sorely missed.

A complete and utter shock to myself and millions of others when we heard that Robin Williams had committed suicide this morning.

Source.

My deepest condolences go out to his family, along with the millions (If not billions) of fans of his work.

EDIT: Confirmed by his publicist. He'd been battling severe depression as of late.

(Mods, if you could remove the second thread, that would be great. It looked like it didn't go through the first time.)

Edited by krispy89

Source.

that's really sad

Very sad news.

A man of great charisma who could turn a drama or comedy topic which on premise you'd think was iffy into something truly enjoyable.

Aww man that is the saddest thing i have heard today. Good Morning Vietnam was my Favourite movie.

RIP Robin ,you where the best. Even Better with Billy Connolly on Parky.

We'll all be sadden by this news. :'( So many great movie memories. So so many.

Sad news indeed.

Narnoo Narnoo Mork.

RIP.

Edited by hulkster

Aww...poo!

He was a man with Issues since forever - this latest bout of Depression is depressing (groan), but hardly terribly surprising. His logorhea gave me another kind of 'rhea, but as shown by his rare straight roles he was a damned good actor as well as a comedian. His passing is a great loss.

Suicide. God damn. Would never have picked that in a million years.

Why not? A lot of those with similar outward personalities are often suffering on the inside.

So yeah, another sad loss.

Really bringing me down today.

Grew up watching Robin Williams and was one of the very very few celebrities who I actually felt genuinely bad for when he would make a misstep in personal life or career.

RIP RW

Posted Image

Edited by The Tick

Can't seem to shake this one. Most of the time, when a celebrity passes I'm shocked, and if I was a big fan of their work, I'll be saddened, but the day always goes on as per usual. I'm at a loss this time, though. I'm on a day off and had all this shit planned. Nap, of which I woke from to read this news, go get new work boots, see Guardians of the Galaxy, have beers on the way home then make chicken enchiladas. All that has gone out the window. I don't feel like going out, let alone going to a movie of all things. Just keep walking around the house, aimless. His poor wife and children. He names his daughter Zelda. How fucking cool is that.....

Edited by disolusiond

But.... But.... Who will make me laugh so hard that I have to change underwear?

But.... But.... Who will make me laugh so hard that I have to change underwear?

really sad, he used to do comedy tours of the middle east and just hang around talking to everyone for as long as people wanted to talk to him.

Genuine guy, he was very approachable for a famous celebrity, he would swear and carry on as if he was just a regular guy.

Its actually kinda scary even that this illness can take someone like him. Never thought this would happen to him.

I can’t remember the last time I was upset (if ever) about a celebrity dying

RIP Robin - I'd put him easily as one of the top 5 comedians ever.

Wasn't really a fan of Mork and Mindy but the movies and standup acts were great.

And I can remember some of his appearances on talk and morning shows - he'd just steal the stage and make everyone ROFL.