Sign in to follow this  
bowlen

6TB HDD

It's not actually as expensive as I thought it would be. Especially being the largest drive on the market

$250 for 2 x 3TB WD drives on MSY's list - the greater price for a single is about what you'd expect in relative terms.

Nice... but that's an absolute fuckload of data to lose in one hit. I feel nervous enough as it is having an internal 2 and external 3TB drive.

Based on NAS drive pricing, the gap shortens, $310 for a pair of Seagate 3TB or $328 for a pair of WDs.

Edited by Rybags

$250 for 2 x 3TB WD drives on MSY's list - the greater price for a single is about what you'd expect in relative terms.

Nice... but that's an absolute fuckload of data to lose in one hit. I feel nervous enough as it is having an internal 2 and external 3TB drive.

Based on NAS drive pricing, the gap shortens, $310 for a pair of Seagate 3TB or $328 for a pair of WDs.

Cheaper price for a single you mean? It's $400 for 6tb

I guess everyone said that it was a lot of data to lose when the 1tb drive came out, and the 2tb and so on. I'd assume people will be saying that with every new drive that comes out.