PointZeroOne

Atomic Top 20 Games

hrm 19 responses after having this up all week. Might leave it open for the weekend see if can pick up a few more then.

hrm 19 responses after having this up all week. Might leave it open for the weekend see if can pick up a few more then.

Not usually kosher, but... Maybe let TGR know you have such a poll going? With the tiny population we have these days, I don't think there's much awareness of what's happening in the other fora any more, and most people check there + whatever their haunt is.

Or spam it up on fb. Seems to be where all our old faces went.

Just voted. I didn't think I'd find 20 until I decided to put a few token console games in there and not just pick Amiga and Windows games.

I'm going to be one of those people you probably have to change a 5 to a V.

Temporary move for some visibility to harvest more data~

I guarantee none of mine will be in the top 20, but there you go.

Actually... maybe one of them will be.

Just voted. I didn't think I'd find 20 until I decided to put a few token console games in there and not just pick Amiga and Windows games.

I'm going to be one of those people you probably have to change a 5 to a V.

Temporary move for some visibility to harvest more data~

Mine came primarily from Windows and DOS. Amiga, Mega Drive and Famicom were also represented.

Edited by SquallStrife

I expect a few of mine will be on there, but not too many. I decided to not get too retro, so left off titles like Adventure, River Raid, Silkworm, etc.

Sucks being old <.>

Edited by Nich...

I expect a few of mine will be on there, but not too many. I decided to not get too retro, so left off titles like Adventure, River Raid, Silkworm, etc.

Sucks being old <.<

I went with games that I either spent a lot of time playing and would gladly pick up and play again.

I'd say some of your older games would fulfill those requirements, for you.

Edited by Charcoal

Sucks being old <.<

Yeah nothing THAT old has come up yet from what I've seen.

But we'll see when I go through and sort it all out and clean it up.

Sucks being old <.<

I was thinking about putting river raid. I spent a lot of time playing it. I remember rage quitting river raid when I was about 7, throwing the joystick at the atari and killing it completely. I conclude that river raid probably shouldn't be in my top 20 :P

-X

• Like 1

Can you see each submitted form in its entirety? If so, I bet you can guess which one's mine.

Also if Snow Bros doesn't come in at number 1 I'm going to eat a chilli on camera.

Yeah nothing THAT old has come up yet from what I've seen.

But we'll see when I go through and sort it all out and clean it up.

You're going to find at least one: Space Invaders.

I voted for 20 games that have given me a great deal of joy over the years ranging from the Amiga500 (so many great games that I could've filled the list with those, I feel old, at least I didn't include Radar Rat Race from the Vic20) I also include a few N64 classics the remiander were pc games. Surprisingly I found it difficult to stick to just 20.

So based on a thread in the Green Room about Good Games top 100, I thought we'd do an Atomic Top 20.

Head on over to here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jpS4URsoRT...J6NohE/viewform and put your top 20 games in, in no particular order.

I'll keep this open until around this time at the end of this week.

Are these what we think are the best games or the games we enjoyed the most? I know some games are more influential but I didn't enjoy them as much as some other games.

-Edit-

Just dropped in 20 of my favourite games, I wouldn't say they definitely are my top 20 because I'll probably remember a favourite soon.

Edited by fabman_uk

Really interesting seeing the votes come in. Already starting to get an idea of what is going to be fighting it out for top spot.

Have had 33 responses, which isn't huge but should still give an ok idea, specially with some of the games popping up multiple times, although doesn't look like will get a top 20 out of it unless get more responses. There is enough to get a top 10 by the looks of it though.

I won't be doing just a top what ever of games though, I'll also do a grouping by genre, and series, maybe game year as well.

• Like 1

Just did mine - 3 x 1980s arcade games and 3 x 1980s computer games in there for good measure.

So have gotten 36 responses now, anyone been thinking about putting in their list please do it soon as I'll close it on this Friday and start working on presenting the data.

Only 37. I know @hawkeye post on the Atomic Facebook about this, but I don't know if he's passed it around the staff as well.

Really hoped for more responses, but I'll use what I've received.