bowlen

Which email service do you use?

Email Service  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which email service do you use for your mail emails?

• Office 365
    • Gmail
    • Mail.com
    • Hotmail or Outlook.com
    • Work emails (Exchange)
    • Own mail server
    • Other - mention below

I started out with Hotmail back in the day, and occasionally use it. Although its mostly filled with spam.

I upgraded to Gmail quite a while ago and couldn't live without it.

For work we use Exchange 2013, and we're migrating users from 2007 all the time.

I own my own domain name and i pay RackSpace $10 a month to host my email. A fantastic service. No Bullshit. A very professional service.

A technical administrator rang from USA to check that i was able to get everything all setup the day i signed up. I'm an administrator myself and didn't need help. However he was able to answer quite a few technical questions normal support would have sent up the chain of command. I'm very happy with them.

I have 2. Gmail and Hotmail or live or whatever they are calling it these days. Gmail I use to for everything but Live! one I keep for specific uses only no spam account that is :).

I own my own domain name and i pay RackSpace $10 a month to host my email. A fantastic service. No Bullshit. A very professional service.

A technical administrator rang from USA to check that i was able to get everything all setup the day i signed up. I'm an administrator myself and didn't need help. However he was able to answer quite a few technical questions normal support would have sent up the chain of command. I'm very happy with them.

How much data do you get with them? It's hosted Exchange?

gmail for 4 accounts, one of which is my real name without embellishment - the equivalent of john.smith @gmail.com - yay ! first of me in the world on gmail

the rest is via optusnet

and all of it is directed back down to one thunderbird install for ease of use

gmail is great for many reasons, but the interface is a steaming crock of shit - hence t'bird as the interface

gmail is great for many reasons, but the interface is a steaming crock of shit - hence t'bird as the interface

Do you have Google Contacts and or Google Calendar integration?

How much data do you get with them? It's hosted Exchange?

It's 25GB per mailbox. Not Exchange, just standard POP/IMAP mailbox as well as webmail.

Just to clarify, it's for personal use. Not business.

Edited by smakme7757

Do you have Google Contacts and or Google Calendar integration?

i use google contacts and calendar as a convenient backup, but as for integration, i dunno - my email address book is still t'bird centred, but i export the book to backup often enough to overcome crash based disasters

the web interface for google calendar is très handy for getting a nudge on things via email / sms, and works happily on the transformer to have a quick look at my hectic itinerary without firing up the desktop; less so on my petite and ancient asus garmin nŭvi phone

it replaces the prior device which was a palm tungsten e3 before "upgrades" fucked up my abilities to sync courtesy of win7 dropping 4.0 support; the palm was the uber device for a decade, and android has only recently started to offer an almost comparable level of facility, not least because it stole a lot of concepts from the palm o.s.

all my devices except my PC have easy integration with Google Calendar and Google Contacts, I love Thunderbird, but it's not very easy to integrate.

I use outlook on the desktop to gather all my mail (own domain, hotmail, etc). I think it's because I am so used to it from the corporate environment and I like the integrated mail/calendar/tasks.

I use various mail apps my android phone and the usual stuff on the ipad. It's all synced so that all mail/appointments/tasks show up on all devices though this took a little tweaking between outlook and google calendar.

• Like 1