Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

Email Client

Anyone know of a email client that is stable?

It seems the latest version of TB is extremely unstable and crashes a lot. Nearly lost all my email.

Its looks like TB is going down the same road as FF with rapid deployment of untested builds.

I haven't used Thunderbird for ages but i remember it being really stable before.

Might be an idea to try and older version?

FF is getting really dodgy now, makes me rather sad as I started using Mozilla when it was initially released.

Edited by Xen

I've been using Pegasus for POP/SMTP for longer than I can remember. Rock stable, and won't autorun anything unless you go out of your way to make it do that.

Edit: Typo fix.

Edited by Cybes

Can anyone remember a email client from the The Atomic mags CD ,i think it was a freebie in the first two years.

It was a good one that had everything and even saved the emails out to separate file after each month.

Just cannot remember the name of it.

Next problem is converting TB mail to new client. I keep emails dating back to 2009 for reference.

If you use a gtk based desktop, Geary and Evolution are both pretty good.

Next problem is converting TB mail to new client. I keep emails dating back to 2009 for reference.

If I remember correctly, Thunderbird uses mbox format - Sylpheed can import this format.

wow Cybes, PEGASUS mail looks really pretty boss....... I'm in!

Is it portable? being stable on Pre-XP systems would suggest it is....

Edited by Master_Scythe

Been using THunderbird for ages fine, with no troubles that i've noticed. Been trying Kmail recently as well, and seems nice, handles my Gmail accounts and calendars fine. Thunderbird is still preferred tho, being cross-platform, but basically it and Kmail are all i'm really using of late.