Sign in to follow this  
Nich...

Amiga Floppy Disks On A Pc

I've been thinking again about what to do with my old Amiga FD collection, now I finally have access to them.

The Catweasel and KyroFlux are a bit expensive for what I want - I'm not really needing anything other than an interface that will take an external Amiga FDD (with the Catweasel), the the Kyro is also around the same price.

Amiga Explorer is no longer any good, because I don't think I have a working Amiga left.

There are things like [url=http://www.winuae.net/frames/download.html]Adfreado/url], but I'm pretty sure I don't have hardware that old anymore.

Why is it so hard/expensive to have a USB interface between an external Amiga floppydrive (or more than one, gg DF1:) and a Windows box? : \

Finding some stuff to do with a Raspberry pi - which would be great because after I'm done I could repurpose the RP - but they seem to be all about adding a FDD to an Amiga : \

Edited by Nich...

You know as much as I know Nich. There just isn't away of doing this cheaply without the platform itself. However, I am interested in what you are doing. Keep us informed will ya :)

I've not looked into the specifics, but I used to do some basic rom dumping from unencrypted Watara Supervision carts back in highschool.....

If you can build some sort of controller (Rpi?) that can simply start the drive reading from byte 1 untill end, it might be possible to make disk images?

I know I'm giving ideas with no solutions, but I know less about how they work than you do. I'll link this to a mate though, who owns an amazing oldschool collection, he might know something....