Sign in to follow this  
cleadge

Accidentally Broke My S5S Lcd

So my s5 copped an aweful drop today and killed the LCD.

Now I can't figure out what to do with this nice expensive paper weight sitting here...

Bah sorry for the title.. This tablet is rubbish.

Edited by cleadge

yea i cant find any paper work, dont think i had it insured.

o shit didnt realise the whole front face and frame would need replacement, yea seeming more expensive now.

few days without a phone may be a grand thing lol

You can replace the glass on them (if it's like the s3) it's just a pain and easier to replace the whole display setup.

Does the touch sensor still work?

You could hook it up to a display via hdmi.

the glass isnt damaged. i havnt plugged it into my PC to see if its actually powering up, the buttons light up and the blue power on light appears, also vibrates, but doesnt make any audible tones when the volume is increased nor does it vibrate when you turn it down.

ill be taking it into telstra this week to see what options there are for that phone and ill look at getting another replacement.

ed. mmm the moto X does look pretty neat

Edited by cleadge

Home and contents insurance could cover it, depends on your excess as to whether it is worth it.

I'd recommend taking it apart, having a peek a boo.

so today has been.. fun.. long story short.

Took it into Telstra today to have sent off, while there given sweet fuck all help not even offered a loaner, only options i was given was to have a 3rd party repair it or pay out the outstanding amount and start a new contract with a new phone (apparantly you cant pay off a second handset at the same time anymore).

got home and called telstra and got a totally different response, now im told that since the glass isnt damaged and its not caused by water its under warranty.

went back to the store told them what the deal was and enquired about a loaner (needs to be picked up sometime next week).

so pretty much going to see what the out come is.

• Like 1

so after 8 weeks of no phone, and being charged 320 for a replacement handset, being sent the wrong handset (note 3).

i finally got a phone a week ago, just now i had a call from Telstra and the 320 charge is being reversed (yay epic joy).

• Like 1