Sign in to follow this  
bowlen

Iphone 6 & Iphone 6 Plus

I think I saw something earlier on G+ maybe about the phone rattling if you hold it up and flick the apple logo on the back?

#bendgate

It's a fair amount of force applied in the video. I think the risk would be bumping into something that hits your pocket, or falling over and landing on your phone. It would be interesting to compare a Note 4 or Nokia phablet for comparison. Apple seems to cop more criticism than other brands over these sorts of issues, but that's probably because they market build quality so heavily.

Edited by tastywheat

Long live the carbon-fibre and polycarbonate backs?

Maybe it wouldn't bend if all that extra space was given a bigger battery to pad it >.>

• Like 2

I can understand how this would happen if you're wearing tighter pants. If you bend your legs I can see if bending due to the size. Not very cool!

The plastic Note 3 holds up much better it seems, though it's somewhat to be expected given the plastic housing:

It'll be interesting to see if the Note 4 is any different.

Breaking news: mass-produced consumer product made out of soft metal bends when forced. Here's Tom with the weather.

• Like 1

A conclusion to the issue from my perspective. It's more prone to bending than the iPhone 5 before it, likely because of geometry, but it's actually stiffer than something like a note 3:

Take care of your phone, and you'll likely never have problems.

Impulse bought a 64GB 6+ in space grey today. Surprisingly, there's no issues with pocketability for me, even with my business slacks. Still getting used to the transition from the 4, the difference in speed is unreal. A few apps still haven't been updated to use the new display, and there's occasional awkwardness with two handed use, but I can type fairly comfortably with one hand (I have pretty big hands though). The decision over which size to go for wasn't easy, but Apple have given me 14 days to determine if I've made the right decision, and so far I'm liking the better battery life and camera.

• Like 2

Dam Tick those Iceland pics were amazing compared to the old... Always been on Android devices but the camera might just win me over.... trying to find some comparisons to the latest Android phones mainly for the camera. Lately I dont play games on my phone and use it for pics and browsing, oh and calling haha

Here are a couple I snapped on my trip there recently on the iPhone.

I had my DSLR and there were photos I couldn't have taken with the phone but I am really impressed with how capable the iPhone 6's camera is.

15711818531_d6c91ab9db_c.jpg

Untitled

15676665179_68570fc404_c.jpg

Untitled

15675159818_52e303439e_c.jpg

Untitled

Edited by The Tick
  • Like 2

Amazing detail, thank you for posting... I really would love to visit there. The Iphone pics are just so vivid. How is the speed of the shot, long waits or pretty snappy?

Edit: Saw you posted some of the dslr removing the bits about that going to that thread :)

Edited by gamble

Speed is great and focussing is sensational.

Even with the DSLR hanging off the shoulder strap, sometimes it was just easier composing and using the iPhone especially for wide shots.

The dynamic range is also fantastic too.