scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Should especially be of interest to Chrisg and probably Leonid , wrt how non-ionising radiation can lead to ionising.  (Hint: ain't gonna happen without matched object and frequency, especially not at low power)

Me twice in a row?  You lot just aren't trying.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss

Why no embed? Goddamn wysiwyg

Move over boring old iPhone X and it replaces your iPad as well !!! Yes it's rather expensive ...

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1

I like.  And not the shitty widescreen aspect ratio scam that seems prevelant in monitors and tablets.

I'm interested to see how a folding screen will stand the test of time... 

A bit disturbing though that for the purpose of the demo they have it tethered to a power source.

Forum engine seems to get confused re rich text, plain text, link.

Copy/paste from YouTube for that video works fine.  Copy/paste from Kimmo's post fails.  Copy/paste from the quoted text in Cybes post works fine.

But really - in most cases I just prefer how we used to do things.  About the only advantage of the new system is giving attributes to text like font size, colours etc.

4 hours ago, Rybags said:

Copy/paste from the quoted text in Cybes post works fine.

Interestingly, you can click that link and it works fine, too, so it *should* embed.  Damifino.

13 hours ago, Rybags said:

I like.  And not the shitty widescreen aspect ratio scam that seems prevelant in monitors and tablets.

It's the first version but if they have less power hungry and thinner version of it, it would be more viable. Saying that, it does do a phone and tablet in one device.

Finally got to watch " A Fist Full of Dollars " ... got to say I'm looking forward to "The Good The Bad and The Ugly", if only for the good cheesy music.  Tonight's viewing was  looong ... I did enjoy seeing Lee VAn Cleef.

Some old movies should be viewed with trepidation ;)

I'll have to do the Clint Eastwood early marathon sometime again too.  Years since I've seen the spagetti westerns.

The natural follow up to those would have to be Unforgiven then the Dirty Harry series.  And of course, Escape from Alcatraz and Heartbreak Ridge.

Edited by Rybags

53 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I'll have to do the Clint Eastwood early marathon sometime again too.  Years since I've seen the spagetti westerns.

The natural follow up to those would have to be Unforgiven then the Dirty Harry series.  And of course, Escape from Alcatraz and Heartbreak Ridge.

Yes I agree with you there ... still though, tonight's viewing was almost too much 😉 At one point, Clint's hairdo was so perfectly blow-dried and sprayed it was just nearly the end, but still we endured . lol.

If you don't know Edd then this is probably of zero interest.  Though the channel seems to have all sorts of car stuff and is worth a look over.

• Like 1

i don't know who he is, but english accent and being eccentric is always good

Yes, I know - Abby Martin / RT is not an unbiased source.  However, knowing that, you can listen to her spiel and adjust accordingly.  The UN guy she's interviewing, otoh...

• Like 1

Let 'er rip 'tater chip!  The extra camera angles help to tell the full story.

15 hours ago, Cybes said:

RT is not an unbiased source. 

As I understand it, their journalism is generally of a very high standard, but anything critical of Russia is absent. So, maybe adjust for the possibility that Russia is also involved in ganging up on Venezuela? 

Anyway, geez... it's enough to make me recalibrate my cynicism; I'm surprised that Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have sold out... even The Guardian seems to be somewhat toeing the line for some reason, although they've recently published a couple of pro-Maduro letters.  Naturally, The Intercept is above corruption and says the US is lying through its teeth.

Scumbags want that damn oil, bad. Ubiquitous electric cars can't be a thing soon enough. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Righto, just finished The Good The Bad and The Ugly. The best of the trio, imo. I have a question tho ... if  TGTBATU is the last, how come Clint starts the first two films with poncho but in the last he picks up the poncho late in the film ? Is that a continuity flaw, or is TGTBATU really the first ( and best ) of the trio ?

edit: '64. '65. and '66  ... so then it was just a silly quirk that Clint picks up the poncho late in TGTBATU. ... mmmm such a minor detail, but it erks me

Edited by eveln

Posted (edited)

Spoiler.. This is the  (Excellent) Series "The 100" (Kind of like a space age Game of thrones). This is the VERY LAST SCENE of the current series.

If you're going to start watching this series then DON'T watch this as it will spoil the whole shooting match

As I've just stated, I've been watching "The  !00".  The storyline is that Nuclear War happened but various countries "escaped" into orbiting space-stations.. or Arcs as they are called. It's going to take 100 years for Earth to be re-inhabitable again. The "Spacers" quickly realise they need to join with other "Spacers" to pool resources so all the spacestations dock (Except 1). What becomes clear after 97 years is that they are going to run out of resources and air before the 100 years are up. they are already having to make ANY crime no matter how trivial a capital offence. Basically crims are put in an airlock and jettisoned (floated). But it aint enough, by an order of magnitude. If your a crim and UNDER 18 you don't get floated, you get put on a prison wing.

And so the decision is made to "test" Earths inhabitability by choosing 100 young crims and sending them to back to Earth.

It's exciting and heart renching. Watchout for Murphy. Oh and Octavia kicks Butt

[Edit] Didn't realise the title would give it away so turned into link and added first episode clip

Link below is the give away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhI-w4LVOIU

Edited by Outcast_Aussie
Ooops