scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Skip to end for live feed.  Assuming you're watching this within 20 minutes of me posting it, that is.

thanks for that, although sadly i noticed it too late to watch live

why isn't this bigger news in the mainstream ?

40 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

why isn't this bigger news in the mainstream ?

Because most of the global population thinks football and sky fairies are more important, alas.  I weep for Humanity, but I ran out of tears decades ago.

Dragon 2 is live docking right now. Stuck at dinner atm, posting via phone, so I'll have to catch it later.

1 hour ago, SceptreCore said:

sky fairies?

Gods, zephyrs, djinni, daemons of the air... Assorted magical fantasms of overactive imaginations, woeful ignorance, and bloated ego.

22 hours ago, Cybes said:

Gods, zephyrs, djinni, daemons of the air... Assorted magical fantasms of overactive imaginations, woeful ignorance, and bloated ego.

I am one of them.

The call for tolerance is very one sided, no?

22 hours ago, Cybes said:

You missed drug induced (intentional or accidental) haze.

😛

3 hours ago, SceptreCore said:

I am one of them.

The call for tolerance is very one sided, no?

First, did you see me calling for tolerance?  Second, unless you think it's more important to see yet another rendition of essentially the same sermon be televised over and above a first for a brand new technology with potentially very large implications for all of humanity, then you're not included in the aforementioned group (that thinks football and sky fairies are more important).

As it happens, I *am* in favour of tolerance.  Look that word up - it does not mean respect.

• Like 1

Want a video card which uses Ethernet cable for video cable? YEP, there is one!

4 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Want a video card which uses Ethernet cable for video cable? YEP, there is one!

Good god, what will they think of next?

31 minutes ago, aliali said:

Good god, what will they think of next?

I guess that might have a use for say a system what requires the PC to be a long distance away from the actual screens.

It'd actually be real handy in situations like clubs etc.  And in plenty of cases the existing infrastructure might be there already.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:51 PM, Cybes said:

First, did you see me calling for tolerance?  Second, unless you think it's more important to see yet another rendition of essentially the same sermon be televised over and above a first for a brand new technology with potentially very large implications for all of humanity, then you're not included in the aforementioned group (that thinks football and sky fairies are more important).

As it happens, I *am* in favour of tolerance.  Look that word up - it does not mean respect.

Sorry for getting snappy Cybes.

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

5 hours ago, SceptreCore said:

Sorry for getting snappy Cybes.

Goes for me, too. 😕 I honestly have no problem with anyone believing anything - it's the actions that might cause some friction.  I'm just so used to 'counter attack' on comments about an idea ( not the person) that I hit back before thinking much.

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Interesting - seems Sony were really slack with the system security on the PS classic and you can run games off a USB drive with not too much effort.
If the price is right might pick one up - but that'd have to be under 50 bucks.

Posted (edited)

You have plenty of warning this time: re-entry burn in about 3:20 from time of this post.  (Undocking has already happened - it was pretty dull, even for a space enthusiast. Scroll through the timeline about 1.5 hours from start for that if you're interested.)

<much later> Splashdown has just occurred. The flight dummy, Ripley, is currently being retrieved and will have its (her?) sensors read.  Don't think we're going to know what those readings had to say about the whole thing.

Edited by Cybes
Update

pizza shakes made from powder ... something to look forward too ... not  😉

Ever wanted to read that floppy disk on your smartphone ??? You can

• Like 1

The agricultural equipment demolition derby sure looks like an expensive hobby though I guess they are real old machines probably ready for the crusher.

The floppy thing - I've got a USB drive which I picked up just for the sake of having one... I guess I could try it on a tablet with OTG but do suspect it'd need more than half an Amp.  Got a hub somewhere that I can externally power so could do it that way.