scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

12 hours ago, Rybags said:

The agricultural equipment demolition derby sure looks like an expensive hobby though I guess they are real old machines probably ready for the crusher.

The floppy thing - I've got a USB drive which I picked up just for the sake of having one... I guess I could try it on a tablet with OTG but do suspect it'd need more than half an Amp.  Got a hub somewhere that I can externally power so could do it that way.

He did have Note 8 and USB C so a a vanilla smartphone OTG might not have enough power, you'd need more ampage indeed.

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Greens FTW

I really do have to question their practise of talking to an empty chamber. Sure it makes for an interruption-free speech and good TV, but does anyone in govt ever hear it?  I'd be surprised if anyone but us weirdos ever pay it any attention.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Greens FTW

t=530

"There is a Darth of case law in Australia..."

there is what now!?  O_o

i think he meant dearth, which is pronounced differently.  ....however.... come to think of it...i wonder if Philip Ruddock ever mentored anyone in the dark side of lawyering?

Edited by @~thehung
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, @~thehung said:

pronounced differently

I was like, is that how you pronounce it. It's one of those words you read now and then, but hardly ever hear anyone say. 

6 hours ago, Cybes said:

I'd be surprised if anyone but us weirdos ever pay it any attention.

I like how it's in hansard now. Plebishite. 

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

that thruster gimbal is so fricken cool.

re: embedded YT...yeah its finicky — sometimes the alternate youtu.be right-click-->Copy video URL works when the normal one doesnt, or vice versa...sometimes have to re-paste a couple times...yet to figure it out

Edited by @~thehung
  • Like 1

i started watching this somewhat accidentally, and then couldn't stop

well worth the time

^ DL'd for later.

They have others but this is the only one I've viewed so far.

Edited by Rybags

This five-parter is brilliant. 

During a 2013 Reddit AMA, a fan asked Cumberbatch, “If you could choose to be any other literary character in an upcoming role who would it be?” His answer was swift and to the point: Patrick Melrose. What the actor didn’t realize was that the project was already in the works, and the producers had been eyeing him for the part. When they learned that it was a dream project for Cumberbatch as well, the wheels started moving rather quickly. "Never underestimate the power of an online Q&A," Cumberbatch told the Los Angeles Times.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/557095/10-fascinating-facts-about-patrick-melrose

jeez, frumious bandersnatch is more ubiquitous than bill nighy has become in his latter decades

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Afterlife with Ricky Gervais . Only two episodes, so far it's okay 

I hear good things but haven't watched it yet. Most of the good things have been from people who love Ricky Gervais.

Worth viewing just for the profanities while he's copping a shock.  Naturally, don't try this at home as is warned during the video.

he's certain;y polarising (ricky g)

i really didn't see the entertainment of "the office"; but i loved him crucifying the stars when he hosted the oscars i confess

i don't "get" micallef either , if there's some common attribute i'm missing

although in the interest of disclosure, some of my negativity may be carry over from my adelaide days, where he had the excellent fortune to be jumped by a lady friend of mine who was simply gorgeous, and i thought it showed a considerable lack of discernment on her part, given he was a law student and not even vaguely famous (and in my estimation, wasn't, and still isn't amusing)

but then again, maybe i'm unreasonably jealous, and he's a fabulous comedian

nah....  he's not (even if i am)

3 hours ago, fliptopia said:
5 hours ago, eveln said:

Afterlife with Ricky Gervais . Only two episodes, so far it's okay 

I hear good things but haven't watched it yet. Most of the good things have been from people who love Ricky Gervais. 

I'm only two episodes in. It's not a "OMG you have to watch iiit  !"  start for me, but since I'm not a Ricky fan, and I'm still viewing it, then it's not totally repelling :D

I never took to " The Office " of either persuasion, but I did make  attempts . Seriously hated on Gervais, lol, and well I only saw a few brief clips of his Oscars stint, and thought his audience deserved every last horrible skerrick of him.

TBH not sure whether this " Afterlife " show is just a bit slow off the mark or whether the current tempo is it ... I will check out another ep. at least

Saw this as part of the Ocean Film Festival tonight, holy crap. 

Edited by Kimmo

13 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Saw this as part of the Ocean Film Festival tonight, holy crap. 

Wow. I'll never understand that but it sure looks good from a film perspective