scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

1 minute ago, Rybags said:

cutting a 1 inch thick piece of round steel with a pair of scissors.

... TBF, that is probably actually possible - with a really gigantic industrial set of hydraulic-powered blades. Especially if you heated the steel to yellow/white heat first.

Ok, so "there's no such as colour as <blah>" videos are not exactly scarce.  What is harder to come by, though, are explanations for why we see a single colour for a combination of multiple wavelengths of light.  TADA!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

indigo is purple to us plebs

Umm...yes.  Did you watch the vid?

Secret City via Netflix.

Jackie Weaver, she's like a demonic Yoda ... Those eyes !

Had to stay up last night to watch the EHT livestream. 

Bam! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8_q69CrKXPPUClbpzxAG

Stick it out for 30 seconds - his falsetto alone is amazing, but there's better to come.

--

10 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Had to stay up last night to watch the EHT livestream.

Missed that, but I don't feel like I missed much - there's no shortage of coverage since, and, essentially, it all boils down to "Well, that's pretty much exactly what we expected.  But, wow that technology!"

Personal favourites are the 3-string Shovel and 4-string Cigarbox, and I can seriously picture one of those 1-string pieces being soundtrack for a western.  Clip is from 2017, so you can probably disregard the text onscreen in the last minute or two.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy ArabSat mission, edited to remove all the boring bits (except the 3 mins to ignition):

Hot damn but those things are impressive!  No matter how often I see watch the landings, those boosters coming back in tandem and setting down on their fold-out fins still looks like a scifi movie.  Only Hollywood can't do dirt unartistically, and those puppies need some serious detailing.

• Like 2

... Well, shit.  Who needs to hire a choir?  Just one salary, and a multitrack recording will do:

23 hours ago, Cybes said:

SpaceX Falcon Heavy ArabSat mission, edited to remove all the boring bits (except the 3 mins to ignition):

Hot damn but those things are impressive!  No matter how often I see watch the landings, those boosters coming back in tandem and setting down on their fold-out fins still looks like a scifi movie.  Only Hollywood can't do dirt unartistically, and those puppies need some serious detailing.

Pity about the video loss for the centre core landing

• Like 1

Why Ecuador sacrificed Assange, they got paid off !!!

Flying High to most of the rest of us... and IMO Naked Gun was a much better comedy.  But a reunion well worth a look.

"Hey Joey, you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

On that note... Ken Warby's son is going to attempt to break his father's 40 year old water speed record set on Blowering Dam.  http://warbymotorsport.com/

I saw Spirit of Australia in (slow) action on Lake Burley Griffin on show when I was a kid.  He probably got it over 100 km/h which was a fraction of it's capability but still well impressive.

Would be cool he does break the record.  Sort of amazing it's lasted that long but as far as human/machine speed records go this would have to be the most dangerous by far.

May as well add a video...

Edited by Rybags

Yep, this one is the better part of an hour.  I know, that's poor form.  But... It's Attenborough, and it's also the most pointed thing he's done yet.