scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

If you've wondered if the hard drive can spin at 22000 RPM ...

• Like 1

Hmm,

I really do not watch much at all under normal circumstances but with my mother in hospital and me looking after her home and two cats I have been exploring her Stan account, which she hardly uses.

Three good viewings thus far:

Not seen a Bond film in years so on a whim watched Skyfall.  Really a rather good movie, Craig is an excellent Bond, the plot was reasonably well crafted and the usual tongue-in-cheek Bond stuff plus some interesting re-boots of old aspects of the Bond myth, quite enjoyed it.

Many years back I watched and eventually found a DVD of a BBC min-series called "Edge of Darkness" A really very, very good tense thriller that was well acted and looked at several dark aspects of the time in which it was set. I was a bit surprised to find there had been a remake, some years ago, with Mel Gibson. I wasn't really expecting much but taking the original plot premise the movie went off on its own tangent and told its own story. I'd recommend both, the former could be hard to find.

Red Dwarf from the first episode - nuff said -smegging great!! 🙂 (Going to be watching this for a while, lots of series, some that I had missed.)

Stan has a massive amount of good content, as soon as I get my own place it will likely become my go-to streaming service for relaxation.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

This clip could fit in the Gaming sub, or the WOYM thread, or this one, so...  <shrug> I chose this one.

LOOOONG video here, but he makes some good (or at least interesting - some I'd had too) points, so I figured you might like to hear it too.

Edited by Cybes

17 hours ago, Cybes said:

LOOOONG video here, but he makes some good (or at least interesting - some I'd had too) points, so I figured you might like to hear it too.

you acknowledged how long it is, and he himself says its "long and more boring than my usual stuff".  he seems likable enough, and the phrase "games as a service" alone pisses me off.  hence, you would think i could muster the patience to endure his woefully undisciplined prattling.  but alas, no.  i really tried.

cliff notes?  any game in particular that is an exemplar of the crux of this?

15 hours ago, @~thehung said:

cliff notes?  any game in particular that is an exemplar of the crux of this?

No exemplar in particular, save one that does GaaS right. The title is an exaggeration, and yet inadequate. I can rewatch and make some notes if you insist, but you're going to owe me a 6-pack. 😜

Now this'll bake your noodle

40 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Now this'll bake your noodle

Think I read too much SF for that to come close to baking it, dude.  Except for two things: a) a TV show that doesn't rely on gonad or hormone function for its popularity?; and b) 1990?  I thought for sure that quality and fashion that it was late '70s/early '80s.

1 minute ago, Cybes said:

Think I read too much SF for that to come close to baking it, dude.

Give McKenna his due - he definitely would've baked your noodle if you weren't a total mutant. 

9 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Give McKenna his due - he definitely would've baked your noodle if you weren't a total mutant. 

Humpf!  Where's my X-Men membership, eh? 😜

I'll give that one a good look later.  Good to see the 8 and 16 bit scenes still alive and well.  I've not contributed much re coding at all in the last 5 years there, but keep a daily eye on Atari stuff.

• Like 1

Also by The Black Lotus and ported from AGA Amiga to the Atari Falcon - about 10 years old now.  Pretty amazing landscape flyover part - remember this is running on something that has similar CPU grunt to an original Pentium and graphics/sound that were surpassed by most PCs by the mid 1990s.

• Like 1

When you hear two engineers cackling, something very cool and/or dangerous is about to happen.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

This tickled my music nerd and linguistic nerd bits simultaneously

• Like 2

You'll want plenty of spare time for this one:  Star Wars IV in ASCII over Telnet.

(OK, a bit late for May 4th)

First up you'll want a Telnet client or just enable the one built into Windows.  Start a CMD line in Administrator (elevated privelages) mode:

dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient

(wait some seconds for the command to complete).  Then enter:

TELNET towel.blinkenlights.nl