scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Posted (edited)

Never heard of Oxycontin, a legal opiate which is extremely addictive and peddled by US doctors legally. It's 2 x Mophine ... weaker than Heroin but seems to be gateway drug to Heroin and Fentanyl ...

Edited by Jeruselem

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Never heard of Oxycontin, a legal opiate which is extremely addictive and peddled by US doctors legally. It's 2 x Mophine ... weaker than Heroin but seems to be gateway drug to Heroin and Fentanyl ...

I have an equivalent at home that I got for getting my tonsils out. I'm never going to make it as a drug addict. This stuff makes me feel sick. 

I avoid painkillers ... even if I have suffer pain. Dentist prescribed very strong painkillers for removal of wisdom teeth in case I wanted it, I didn't use it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

I avoid painkillers ... even if I have suffer pain. Dentist prescribed very strong painkillers for removal of wisdom teeth in case I wanted it, I didn't use it.

Same.  I had one pulled that didn't come out cleanly; high-dose codeine tabs issued before the shot even wore off... I took *one* (of the recommended two) on the first morning.

Partly, I'm just plain stubborn and won't admit it's getting the better of me.  Partly, it's because I seem to have a limit beyond which I just stop feeling it - well, so far, anyway.  I reset my broken pinky, taped it up, and ignored it for a while - then remembered I'm allergic to the tape adhesive when half my hand went red. 😜  The itching drove me nuts.

• Haha 1

Does the UK seriously want to be like the fucked up USA? WTF

No. We want a clear out of all the fuck up pollies.
Unfortunately that's most of them !

To paraphrase Jon Snow... "Change is Coming"

If it actually happens in this timeframe it'd be really nice but I sorta doubt it...

• Like 2

On 20/05/2019 at 9:20 PM, Rybags said:

If it actually happens in this timeframe it'd be really nice but I sorta doubt it...

"We are going!"  Suuure you are.  NASA are great at a lot of things, but when it comes to sticking to schedules, they make Elon Musk look punctual.  When was the SLS due again?  Or JWST maybe?

Honestly, I have the strong impression that this somehow is tied into Trump's "spaceforce" brainfart.  By the time 2024 roll around, someone else will have got into office and killed it - if it ever got started.  Let's not even think about whether the US will have any budget to spare for space after mitigating climate disasters.

Hope it all works out - he's got a good channel, on my regular list of how it works, build it or pull it apart type of videos along with AvE, bigclivedotcom and ThisOldTony.

On 19/05/2019 at 2:31 PM, Jeruselem said:

'very strong'.

I had no idea and I've not watched it, only just found out.

Deadwood:  The Movie

Deadwood: The Movie is an upcoming American television film directed by Daniel Minahan and written by David Milch for HBO. It is a continuation of the television series of the same name, which ran for three seasons from 2004 to 2006. The film reunites the majority of the large ensemble cast, including Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Molly Parker, Paula Malcomson, John Hawkes, and Gerald McRaney, and will premiere on May 31, 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood:_The_Movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4943998/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rybags said:

I had no idea and I've not watched it, only just found out.

Deadwood: The Movie is an upcoming American television film

"upcoming".  so you mean you havent seen the movie or the show?

I probably posted it hours after the movie debuted so the description wasn't too out of date.

I got to S3 Ep 1 so before touching the movie will probably watch from the last of series 2 until end of 3 then the movie.

44 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I got to S3 Ep 1 so before touching the movie will probably watch from the last of series 2 until end of 3 then the movie.

same. i cant remember why i stopped.

In a sense it's a good thing - I've not felt ripped off like with other truncated shows since I never watched the whole thing but maybe this'll complete the story - given that it's based on true events and characters they're likely to stick to history with the odd bit of dramatic licence.

The weird thing is - without having any idea about it I was only thinking the other day how good it'd be if they completed the thing (and Red Dwarf came to mind around the same time).

Posted (edited)

Aerogel, now if they could make stuff to put on CPUs ... it's too fragile at the moment (and expensive)

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1

Funny how suggested videos seem to hit multiple people here.

Why would you want this on your CPU?  Haven't you seen the videos of a blue flame hitting one side and someone's palm on the other?

A CPU isn't a bunsen burner, and gets nowhere near the 900-1600 C temps in the video.

I still don't get why you'd want it anywhere near a CPU?

52 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I still don't get why you'd want it anywhere near a CPU?

yep; it's an insulator, not a heat conductor