scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Has anyone gotten into Yellowstone ? (TV Drama, Western series)

It rates 8.4 on IMBD with almost  14,000 votes.

7 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Has anyone gotten into Yellowstone ? (TV Drama, Western series)

It rates 8.4 on IMBD with almost  14,000 votes.

Not yet, but who knows . 

@scruffy1 're Sopranos, l didn't get into breaking bad either, I did try, but it didn't take

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

the sopranos rates up there with breaking bad as compelling, once you get caught up in the flow

Um.  Something that never happened for me, I'm afraid.  But then, that would be about the onset of my complete loss of interest in passive media, so not so surprising.

Just finished watching Travellers on Netflix, was a good ride.

Also been watching The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas, that's been funny 🙂

How viewed?  Seems to be a Paramount release which in the US is pay-TV by satellite, cable or IP stream.

Supposedly not available outside the US yet, Amazon Prime mentioned as a carrier, and Nine here - I find it a bit surprising it'd go FTA so fast.

I guess if that is the case then it'd likely start next year after the ratings period starts.

netflix has Godless @Rybags .

oops 🙂 yeah I was wondering how to watch yellowstone too .since I don't do commercial telly

44 minutes ago, datafast69 said:

Also been watching The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas, that's been funny

just watched the last few episodes put up. each series is not very long at all

Edited by eveln

23 minutes ago, Rybags said:

How viewed?  Seems to be a Paramount release which in the US is pay-TV by satellite, cable or IP stream.

Supposedly not available outside the US yet, Amazon Prime mentioned as a carrier, and Nine here - I find it a bit surprising it'd go FTA so fast.

I guess if that is the case then it'd likely start next year after the ratings period starts.

Ah...OK, looks like out for myself, only have netflix available ATM, cheers, Rybags :)

5 minutes ago, eveln said:

netflix has Godless @Rybags .

oops 🙂 yeah I was wondering how to watch yellowstone too .since I don't do commercial telly

just watched the last few episodes put up. each series is not very long at all

They are short.

I like seeing some of what are now seen as older stars :)

Danny Deveto is still a crack up.

I gave the FTA telly the boot after my tuner card died, was a blessing.

Seems a bit risky for the library in that 30 seconds of viewing can make them liable for the annual fee for a title of $150+ which could blow a budget really quickly.

This'll be sure to give you nightmares...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting... I'd have thought AC/DC to have peaked higher considering Back in Black has supposedly sold 30 million+ though I guess that's cumulative over nearly 40 years and the graphs here represent quarterly based annual averages.

The Beatles pretty amazing in that they stayed near the top even 10 years after breakup.

Practically nothing after the mid-2000s that I much get into.

By the end there, I feel like I should be able to name at least o e drake song but I have nfi what he even sounds like. 

there were quite a few american "stars" who i am completely ignorant about

flo rida ? (really?)  l'i wayne and jay-z - who i guess are all rap people

several females i vaguely recognise in the same genre, but couldn't name  single song they did

even rihanna i mostly know for being famous, not for being a musician

garth brooks ?  america must do a lot of consuming of music from their country

" Timeline history of most popular music artists from 1969 to 2019 ranked by yearly certified record sales. Numbers are worldwide and adjusted to twelve months trailing average.

Recent years data includes digital singles sales as reported by online music retailers and streaming services. This data aggregates multiple sources and can serve as popularity indicator across different medias (sic) such as album sales, radio broadcasting, digital copies sales and online streaming frequency. "

my guess is that once things went digital, the numbers were skewed usa-centric, both in terms of technology uptake, and also available data

but yeah, very few artists in there after the turn of the century that i could vaguely name for more than a few songs at most

20 hours ago, Rybags said:

This'll be sure to give you nightmares...

I was thinking nasty thoughts of you Rybags for at least two minutes.

A good form of revenge is giving some of the same back.

That song is just about the modern day version of a Rick-Roll.

when I first joined this place I was made aware of the Rick-Roll. It is legendary . Nothing compares

On 01/11/2019 at 1:41 AM, eveln said:

I may have missed some but not much of the Peaky Blinders. Not bad that one

Might wanna give Taboo a try as well. Im not too sure why not many people know of it. Tom hardys starring in it and its on of his best performances

The Night Of. what a pleasantly surprising show 

6 hours ago, seankelly said:

Might wanna give Taboo a try as well.

If it's a netflix thingy, I'll have a look ... seems like I know the title

Tried living in a space around a size of a coffin? It's a reality for people of Hong Kong!

I've thought about living smaller but I found that is a step smaller than I'd be comfortable with. Although it's amazing what you'll get used to if you have to. 

hospital quarters i lived in for 6 months were a single bed with a desk and wardrobe built in on the opposite wall

there was however a communal lounge, and a large shared bathroom and showers

and it didn't hurt that there was wide open space outside, and a beach within walking distance - but the size of the room was never an issue; i only slept there really

but yeah, long term in a space that small without somewhere outside i could escape would make me crazier than i am

Yeah, it's an hour.  Give it 5 minutes.

I don't mind the length as it's really just audio so I've been listening in the car. Interesting listen from someone with less vested interest in a side. Although she was sent there as part of a prearranged delegation so you wonder if things were set up to be a little exaggerated. Maybe, maybe not... You feel like it's not far off the truth from that side of the fence though. Like she says though, there are very real security concerns for Israel. 

• Like 1