scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

3 hours ago, datafast69 said:

I thought it would take a reverse-lobotomy to get a GoP member to defect.

Not all Republicans are Trumpists.  According to recent polls stupidly high %age of Trumpists (like over 60% iirc) will not fail to support Trump for any reason - including shooting someone in public in broad daylight.  That portion of Republicans that hold their ideals above loyalty to the Party (small as that group seems to be) are furious - and some are leaving.  This guy is the only one I've seen so far willing to make a video about it.

Somewhere here I linked what Republicans used to sound like...  I'll dig up the post in a mo.  Edit: Ah - here we go:

Edited by Cybes
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Cybes said:

Not all Republicans are Trumpists.  According to recent polls stupidly high %age of Trumpists (like over 60% iirc) will not fail to support Trump for any reason - including shooting someone in public in broad daylight.  That portion of Republicans that hold their ideals above loyalty to the Party (small as that group seems to be) are furious - and some are leaving.  This guy is the only one I've seen so far willing to make a video about it.

Somewhere here I linked what Republicans used to sound like...  I'll dig up the post in a mo.  Edit: Ah - here we go:

We can live in hope that those that are not as racist , bigoted or too narrow minded will abandon him come the election.

Ah, Betty Bowers: proving that humour does comes in acid flavour as well!

On 12/1/2019 at 7:16 PM, datafast69 said:

Interesting watch.

Ooo thanks will watch that later as my father was in RN subs for the latter part of WWII.

Served in two boats, the Taurus (P399) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Taurus_(P399)

and just post war the Aurochs (P426) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Aurochs_(P426)

from March 1947 to  June 1948.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

1 hour ago, aliali said:

Ooo thanks will watch that later as my father was in RN subs for the latter part of WWII.

Served in two boats, the Taurus (P399) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Taurus_(P399)

and just post war the Aurochs (P426) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Aurochs_(P426)

from March 1947 to  June 1948.

There is also a Silent Service series doco where the reenacted stuff from  sub missions during the war....It's on youtube also.

Can't recall if there was some specific stuff relating to those boats, but could be as the Taurus rings a bell.

5 hours ago, eveln said:

YT: The Infantalisation of Popular Culture

one of the most punchable twats ever to stink up youtube — clearly with a wealth of developmental issues of his own —  still, i agreed with the main thrust of that, in particular the Alan Moore quotes.

too many of that crowd in this CONAN audience methinks.  granted, its not great material, but it seems much worse because the comedian loses them with her comic book stuff and never really gets them back.  

"i just had to draw a line in the sand for myself: no more three hour movies about happy meal toys fighting on a rock" LOL

Edited by @~thehung

14 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

Video

DA Fuck? Whilst I flew outdoor glow powered RC models for some years and could do reasonably moderate aerobatics I could never get my head around the full  blown fixed wing acrobatics. Then the heli boys came along with their super crazy stunts which left me more baffled.

Now we have indoor electric planes that almost seem to ignore physics altogether.

How the fuck do they do that and keep tack of which way everything is going is beyond me.

Also seriously puzzled by what sort of prop the thing has that can apparently produce decent thrust in either direction.

Total mindfuck.

2 hours ago, aliali said:

DA Fuck? Whilst I flew outdoor glow powered RC models for some years and could do reasonably moderate aerobatics I could never get my head around the full  blown fixed wing acrobatics. Then the heli boys came along with their super crazy stunts which left me more baffled.

Now we have indoor electric planes that almost seem to ignore physics altogether.

How the fuck do they do that and keep tack of which way everything is going is beyond me.

Also seriously puzzled by what sort of prop the thing has that can apparently produce decent thrust in either direction.

Total mindfuck.

Thank you for articulating what I was thinking. 

5 hours ago, aliali said:

Total mindfuck.

i know...shit aint right!

i dont think that "plane" is "flying" though.  its more like a propeller with an areoplane-shaped rigid sail, and its either hovering or gliding.   seems so light that the interplay of gyroscopic forces on the frame versus air resistance is a big part of it.

i mean not flying like a plane, in that it appears the wings provide zero (negligible) lift.  their angle of attack is on axis with the prop.   the whole frame is for adjustable drag.  this thing is a HTOL chopper!

it looks as though he has no elevator control (?) but the stabilisers are super flexible towards their outer edges.  seems to me that would smooth out turning circle when pitching, and keep the pivot point nicely centred about the wings — like a plane ;P

the wings supply lift or it won't fly  😉

the angle of attack is quite small

i had a much heavier 3s version that was also a flat plate wing, and they do quite well... 3d is not my thing ; i'm mostly a glider guy

Narita airport, Anime heaven!

Edited by Jeruselem

Shops around here are playing carols, so I thought you might like some more - with a twist:

• Like 1