Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Shops around here are playing carols, so I thought you might like some more - with a twist:

YT: christmas songs in a minor key

somehow that melancholic arrangement of Jingle Bells reminded me of some jewish music

Edited by @~thehung

Stupid fast.  He needs to tape the wipers down, watch them try and crawl up the screen when he takes off.  And it weighs in at 1670 kg race weight, it's not far off what a BF or FG would weigh - stock for an XD-XF was about 1350 kg.

Did he break the 7s?   Answered towards the end.

2 hours ago, @~thehung said:

somehow that melancholic arrangement of Jingle Bells reminded me of some jewish music

Would not have made that connection myself, but now that you have I can hear a vague similarity.

Some pretty good music in this recent demo release - not bad for a 30 year old 8 MHz system.  8-bit stereo at ~ 25 KHz.

Atari STe was what the ST should have been in the first place, matches the Amiga 500 in most areas like palette, blitter, scrolling, and arguably beats it for audio.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rybags said:

Some pretty good music in this recent demo release - not bad for a 30 year old 8 MHz system.  8-bit stereo at ~ 25 KHz.

Nice find.  I don't think you can have proper appreciation for the miracles demo coders pull off on a regular basis until you've tried to code one yourself.  Boy howdy is that a good way to learn some humility.

12 hours ago, Cybes said:

its one thing to write a great parody and make an amazing video, another to nail the vocals.  phenomenal!

plus, when future generations ask what it was like for most people living through twenty-tens: "Er...Just watch this.  It was mostly just this."

I appear to be a media junkie atm.  Eh.

Got a chuckle or two from this guy - I hope someone else has a dingy corner of their day brightened, too.

Just flicked through that, often you can just about tell what it'll taste like by the look and texture of the skin and fark that looks good.

2 hours ago, Rybags said:

This'll stop ya from displayin' yer plums !!!!

O FFS.  forget Brexit. shit like this is why Boris won.

its why the Morrison government can quietly smother the Federal Arts department in the dead of night without anything more than a whimper of opposition.  because when sane people see shit like this — not just existing, but winning establishment approval in the form of cash awards — it leaves a mark.  a long, shitty, nut-ridden streak that percolates through the consciousness.   

5 hours ago, @~thehung said:

because when sane people see shit like this

I clicked on mashable last night  ... in fact  " ohh FFS " was my reaction ... but you know I still clicked on it even after Rybags' little comment about plums.  that should have been enough to stop me, but then I also watched the other links up there ( I didn't stay too long with the comedian dude cos the laugh was wanting and not happening for me

I think our Arts Dept. has been failing itself much longer than this Government ... I reckon the person that designed those seats would be offended at your lack of artistic awareness and your judgement of their sanity 😛

lol

Edited by eveln
spell

The reality is it's a parody of an actual real thing, and AFAIK the NYC Subway cops have the power to fine people that do it.

3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

The reality is it's a parody of an actual real thing, and AFAIK the NYC Subway cops have the power to fine people that do it.

Just thankfull not too many guys are into going commando whilst wearing minis << that's a genitalist comment isn't it ? Ooops.

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

The reality is it's a parody of an actual real thing

in what sense is this a parody?  explain it to me.

47 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

in what sense is this a parody?  explain it to me.

Really?  I thought you to be a bit more intelligent than to need it explained.

Maybe you hold the opinion that it's a valid proposal?  Sort of like those park benches with the slivers of steel placed on the edge every 50 cm that stops people sleeping on them (except they're real and do have some valid reason for being)

6 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Really?  I thought you to be a bit more intelligent than to need it explained.

Maybe you hold the opinion that it's a valid proposal?  Sort of like those park benches with the slivers of steel placed on the edge every 50 cm that stops people sleeping on them (except they're real and do have some valid reason for being)

its certainly tongue in cheek on behalf of the artist — if thats what you mean?  but its not a parody.  that would imply she is satirising something real, or questioning the ridiculous notion of "manspreading".

no.  i put it to you that she's not taking the piss out of such things as the NYC's MTA antimanspreading campaign, but is quite earnest in believing she is challenging our preconceptions and making us think about the genuine 'issue' of manspreading.  have you fallen victim to Poe's Law?

neither is this a parody:

• Like 1

Couldn't find a lot about it.  A dramatization in movie form I guess, streaming release only?