scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Eve Online's new gameplay (player-submitted) trailer:

Also watched that today. Spectacular clip.

Trouble is, speaking as an ex-player, it doesn't show you how 99% of the the game plays. Huge combats can be amazing fun, but that's not what you're usually doing.

Actually, there's about 1 second of one guy doing what most people are usually doing: "I'm carrying 100 times what my ship is worth. ... I need to get out of this system!"

I got podded just the other day. Had just finished setting up another low-sec base of operations and was heading back to high-sec in my "proper" clone. Flew straight into a gatecamp with some smartbombing bastards and experienced my very own personal version of that Rooks and Kings clip from the video. Smartbombs don't need a lock-on (would've been fine otherwise). Rookie mistake born of complacency and it cost me 200mil in implants and 4 days of training time because I had also forgotten to upgrade my medical clone. A significant emotional event.

But I'm back in action again now, new implants and all. And someone's gonna pay. Probably not the guys who got me, but someone will. Some poor hapless fool most likely. This is Eve.

Eve Online's new gameplay (player-submitted) trailer

I have wanted to play Eve for a long time, but I know it'll suck ridiculous time out of my life. This trailer hardened my nipples, but I still won't be playing.

~

A couple of shorts I've watched recently.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jVSk4SmWPoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r2ERfv15EsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is there no edit button these days?

:)

It's to the right of "Report" Wallacey, but only in your own posts :)

Cheers

It's to the right of "Report" Wallacey, but only in your own posts :)

Cheers

And not on the mobile version at all.

Don't use the mobile version, but understand why you have had to :)

Cheers

You know that was most excellent aliali. thanks.

Just amazes me the number of musically talented people wandering around.

Also been watching the occasional flashmob youtube video.

You know that was most excellent aliali. thanks.

Just amazes me the number of musically talented people wandering around.

Also been watching the occasional flashmob youtube video.

Yep... also the looks on the faces of the itinerant audience. The impact of unexpected live music, I love it !

Edited by eveln

Yep... also the looks on the faces of the itinerant audience. The impact of unexpected live music, I love it !

You may also like these then
and
Also google random acts of culture.
God knows how many hours I have lost watching this sort of stuff but I love it.

Edited by aliali

You may also like these then
[singing in the library]
and
[flasmob in the street]
Also google random acts of culture.
God knows how many hours I have lost watching this sort of stuff but I love it.

First time I'd seen the library one, and a great repeat the second vid is.

I reckon Syria and ISIS could do with a few flashmobs. Chill 'em out a bit.

Just watched Wanderers courtesy of APOD, the apod link is below, the video made me want to get out and explore.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I just realised that the apod link will change depending upon the day this message is viewed so here is the vimeo link:

Edited by Quazar

I cannot express just how awesome I think this is.

Agreed. Baby steps perhaps, but you can see proper limb replacements on the horizon from here.

SR-71 cockpit explained by Blackbird pilot Richard Graham, goes for about 20 minutes

so, what exactly was that extra laser projected attitude indicator thing for? i didnt quite get it. he said something about the danger of bank angles of up to 16° at mach 3, and losing awareness of orientation.

[Kill Me Three Times]

The clip made me chuckle. That's going on the list.

SR-71 cockpit explained by Blackbird pilot Richard Graham, goes for about 20 minutes

so, what exactly was that extra laser projected attitude indicator thing for? i didnt quite get it. he said something about the danger of bank angles of up to 16° at mach 3, and losing awareness of orientation.

Given my pathetic net performance today not going to try to watch but the Blackbird was an aircraft that really just wanted to run straight and fast, a dog fighter it was not - they did try more as a bit of disinformation the prototype YF-12 with Falcon missiles but there was never any commitment to the project.

At speed any change of direction was to be done very, very carefully but at high speed even small control inputs could conspire to tear the aircraft apart or at a minimum generate an unstart. Even 16 degrees sounds high, so it was there to keep the pilot in the groove - too easy at those speeds to not be.

The thing needed half the CONUS to make a turn when on a speed run :)

Cheers

Edited by chrisg