scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Supposedly, Top Gear should be returning tomorrow night (aka Monday morning EST) with the new lineup.

The Grand Tour featuring the former TG hosts starts "this autumn" aka spring for us. The audience portion of the show will be a touring show held in a big tent at various locations around the world.

Finally got around to seeing The Revenant last night. Awesome film. Makes me sad that I missed it at the cinema. That's the problem with living in Coffs. The Avengers, shown for 10 weeks. Anything actually worth watching, 2 weeks if you're lucky. I'll be going to see The Nice Guys within the first week, because God knows it'll be gone the next.

Edited by disolusiond

I have been watching GOT, but i really like this guys reviews of each weeks episode. He really ties it all together, and has a great production and a good voice.. i think he is a Aussie too... so if you are watching the GOT check it out.. well worth it.

A couple of nutter cello players called 2 cellos

Battista Acquaviva and Neli Andreeva again because I find their voices amazing

Neli led me on to the Abagar quartet

for some astonishing harmonies.

That reminded me about the Koi Boys who where on The Voice the other night

https://www.9now.com.au/the-voice/season-5/clip-cio9rokfr00070lqm3u7ksniy

Then I remembered about this amazing little girl

Then

with the Dutch Australian singer Mirusia Louwerse

• Like 1

Great trip down memory lane ! Thanks aliali. Only one new to me was the Battista Acquaviva.

That kid's just mind blowing isn't she :)

Edited by eveln

Great trip down memory lane ! Thanks aliali. Only one new to me was the Battista Acquaviva.

That kid's just mind blowing isn't she :)

Not bloody wrong.

Also just came across a couple of phenomenal trumpet players

Melissa Venema

and Alison Balsom

• Like 1

Last Whites of the East End (BBC).

This one created howls of protest from the PC Brigade. After watching it, it's blatantly apparent that the whingers didn't even bother to watch the show. In fact, of the featured people not happy with the change of demographics in the area, one is of Bangladesh descent, his ancestors first moving to UK around 1930, and the other has a black Jamaican father.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3608136/The-racist-programme-honest-reflection-state-nation-Britain-divided-reaction-Whites-East-End.html

A BBC documentary showing the evolving communities of the East End has drawn criticism from viewers who branded the programme 'racist' and accused it of 'white supremacist propaganda'.

The Last Whites of the East End received mixed reviews on Twitter last night, with some branding it the 'most racist programme I've ever watched' and others threatening to cancel their licence fee.

However, while not all were impressed with the show, some did applaud the BBC for giving an 'honest' insight into the east London borough of Newham where 73 per cent of the local population is now made up of ethnic minorities and Black British.

The programme looked into how cockneys are becoming an endangered species in the borough, with many moving towards Essex, after 70,000 immigrants moved in over the past 15 years.

• Like 1

Holy shit! I mean, wow..... Just wow?.!#%* This video started me down a rabbit hole I wasn't ready to go down, but I couldn't stop. Like watching a car crash, it's hard to look away. I'd heard of Flat Earthers, but nothing prepares you for that level of batshit crazy until you see/hear it first hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLE-ocDoXrs

Edited by disolusiond

Holy shit! I mean, wow..... Just wow?.!#%* This video started me down a rabbit hole I wasn't ready to go down, but I couldn't stop. Like watching a car crash, it's hard to look away. I'd heard of Flat Earthers, but nothing prepares you for that level of batshit crazy until you see/hear it first hand.

Yeah it's an interesting phenomenon TBH, my best guess is that it's a psy-op, probably CIA.

Yeah it's an interesting phenomenon TBH, my best guess is that it's a psy-op, probably CIA.

I'm convinced a lot of them are trolls, but not all of them.

OK, it rates poorly on IMDB (only 5.5 / 1,300 votes) but I think I'll give it a shot. Some of the casting is uncanny in resemblence to the original characters.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 2

http://www.ball.earth/

Crackpot. "Faked with high altitude planes". You can guestimate how high something is by the curvature of the planet below. I can't recall seeing any footage or still from a plane that shows the pronouced curve that the ISS footage does.

And if it's being faked then they have to do it everywhere, as in the ISS becomes visible for that couple of hours after sunset at every location one time or another. To fake that convincingly to ground observers you'd need to drag out the Aurora. Actually, it'd probably be too slow to do it properly.

Top Gear 23.01.

It was OK. Matt LeBlanc surprisingly good as a host. Sabine Schmitz had a brief appearance and was her usual natural self as in she performs and produces the humour without it seeming scripted.

Chris Evans though... he's just proof yet again. Nerds are not cool. Dorks aren't particularly funny or charming. OK, we had James May as sort of the resident nerd previously but at least he's capable of humour and is an experienced presenter in his own right.

They had a Dodge Viper against Corvette Z06 but only bothered to do a hot lap in the Viper (and a somewhat quick one at that).

The celebrity lap has changed. Now in a Mini Cooper and the course is modified with 2 offroad sections. Different, but ultimately could prove more entertaining especially on wet days.

Jesus Christ. That's next level stuff.

I just don't get it. Why would the government want to spend so much money faking a spherical Earth? Who exactly benefits from this?

Dude, seriously, if you want to stare at your monitor, mouth agape, saying WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK every 10 to 20 seconds, go read the comments on the hugest rated flat earth YouTube vids. There are some batshit crazy people out there.

Dude, seriously, if you want to stare at your monitor, mouth agape, saying WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK every 10 to 20 seconds, go read the comments on the hugest rated flat earth YouTube vids. There are some batshit crazy people out there.

Don't limit yourself - there are some utterly amazing fruitcakes on YT in "free energy", Hollow Earth, UFOs, cryptozoology (Bigfoot, etc), fluouride mind-control... CHEMTRAILS (bait bait bait)

Thing is, when you have hundreds of millions of viewers and contributors, even the 0.001% fringe is large enough to be very loud.

Don't limit yourself - there are some utterly amazing fruitcakes on YT in "free energy", Hollow Earth, UFOs, cryptozoology (Bigfoot, etc), fluouride mind-control... CHEMTRAILS (bait bait bait)

Thing is, when you have hundreds of millions of viewers and contributors, even the 0.001% fringe is large enough to be very loud.

Hence the 'poisoning the well' tactic seems to be the most economical way to deal with the genuine information out there.

And gah, tried to watch the new Topgear but switched it off after 20 minutes, it was just boring, surprisingly though Matt LeBlanc was quite watchable, the other guy was busy trying to be Clarkson...and noisy and the German lady was...well...German. Maybe it will pick up in later eps as this was only the first one?

I'm convinced a lot of them are trolls, but not all of them.

:)

It's just CGI used to explain what they were hoping to achieve - CIA are really NOT that smart D, believe me... :)

Cheers

Continuing my journey through different singers and bands I have never heard of

We have

Eivør Pálsdóttir

And Faun

• Like 2