scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

I finally got around to watching The Hunger Games series yesterday.

Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to Netflix Stan, and ended up watching Mockingjay Part 2 before Part 1..........

I realise why I felt a bit lost at the beginning.

Edited by smadge1
  • Like 1

Best version of this song yet.

Nice, think I still prefer the Jeff Buckley version though. Actually I quite like the Cohen original, it's a song suited to simple solo and it really does not matter if the singer is off-key. That said it is probably the most played favorite in this house.

Cheers

FEED MY HEAD!

Or, yours.

heh, 'So here's my model to represent quantum reality...but maybe not'. :)

All very interesting as are a LOT of other observed phenomena but I'm not sure it's the kind of thing you would exclusively spend your finite life trying to figure out?

:)

Was reading the other day that housing market prices aren't factored into inflation data, had a lot of interesting implications..will try to find the article.

Chef's Table from Netflix is an amazing documentary series on different amazing chefs around the world, their lives and their philosophy. Great stuff.

Many valid points. I would argue, though, that he doesn't seem to have a great grasp of "less bad": it doesn't have to mean "good", just "better than the alternative".

The guys says a lot of controversial, emotive rhetoric without really knowing what it means. I don't like him.

• Like 1

How many times do they have to rush trump off the stage when there's a perceived security threat?

It's a ploy to make him look just so much more "V.I.P."

Also employed by wannabee and hasbeen music performers - have an oversized entourage with a couple of security guys pushing through the throng of people at an airport who in fact are there for totally unrelated reasons.

Some funny ones turn up in the recommended list...

Really, I don't know about this one. The only advantage I see is there should be less accidents. At any given time nearly 50% of traffic on the road with the lights will be at a standstill as opposed to a normal situation where only those wanting to do left turns (right here) normally wait. Note of course this is from the US so you have to think in terms of driving on the right.

One for Chris. :)

:)

Not going to get any argument from me.

A friend from an agency I'd best not mention said to me last week if they had just kept the F-22 line open and with the advent of the slim-line bomb they'd have a better aircraft for far less money.

Not sure I'd put that aircraft into a CAS role but the no-nothings at the the Pentagon want to get rid of the A-10 because it is not "pretty."

Hell with that, it works and the pilots love it.

In the end it has become about jobs and money but a bit of a rethink there might change the world.

Cheers

They'd go real well for camping... they could easliy raise plenty of bucks by selling it on eBay. I'd grab a couple if the price was right.

Watching some YouTube videos absolutely about nukes. Some of things the russians and USA did were just OMG.

I posted this on my FB yesterday but it's exploded now so I just watched it again

Pretty much. You have to wonder how much of this guy's dislike of Trump is down to media hype and how much is down to Trump himself.

I mean the comment about having two faces, one for private, one for public, I don't see how that differs from any single person on this planet.

We all have a ' social ( public ) face and a solitary face. Seems to me it was an honest comment to admit to publicly.

He's a comedian Evelyn.. It's a pisstake with a smattering of truth.

Oh right :) ... watching that first one you posted, I then went off and watched lots more of Johnathon Pie .

Can't say it had me laughing at all ... agreeing to quite a bit, yes, but not laughing ... I must be too serious I think.