Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

wowsers !

check out this video - maddie ziegler is astounding yet again (and sia writes better songs than most of the contemporary crap too)

Not so impressed with that one .

for a 12 year old she is amazing at conveying such depth

But it's not depth ... not really. It's her reaction ( with no doubt some choreography ) coming from her age (years) maturity perspective.

I think Maddie's conveying is unregulated reaction ... that of course will disappear with 'growth'.

TBH I think it's a bit try-hard now to use Maddie to sell her music. It's not that I dislike Sia, I've barely listened to her. And well if you look at it like that,

then I suppose Maddie is the reason I've even taken note of Sia, so in that respect Sia's use of Maddie helps to sell her music...

But it's not depth ... not really. It's her reaction ( with no doubt some choreography ) coming from her age (years) maturity perspective.

I think Maddie's conveying is unregulated reaction ... that of course will disappear with 'growth'.

TBH I think it's a bit try-hard now to use Maddie to sell her music. It's not that I dislike Sia, I've barely listened to her. And well if you look at it like that,

then I suppose Maddie is the reason I've even taken note of Sia, so in that respect Sia's use of Maddie helps to sell her music...

i reckon maddie will be a major star in her own right in dance in years to come (if she isn't already) - watching her in "chandelier" she is a very fine performer

as for sia, i am a late convert, having been given a cd for a birthday a few years ago, and being somewhat impressed by "sweet potato", a wistful and very nicely engineered song that is about awkward attraction

my appreciation was augmented by the fact that she is an adelaide girl made good, and i have a certain resonance in her losing her lover in a car accident, and appreciate that she is related to colin hay (of "men at work" fame) who is a vastly under-rated talent

not even my "type" of genre really, but the juxtaposition of impressive choreography and excellent musical production is hard not to appreciate...

Edited by scruffy1

not even my "type" of genre really, but the juxtaposition of impressive choreography and excellent musical production is hard not to appreciate...

I did already know she's an Aussie performer, but was unaware of her relations. None of that really matters though does it ?

She's an okay performer with the nouse to use a talented young dancer in her vids. All of which helps Sia to keep her name and

music out there. Which is of course the name of the game.

Don't be misunderstanding me ... I will happily support Aussie talent, but, well, I guess I was more impressed with the young dancer in

Chandelier than the music . The mime act one ... I guess I'm just not that into mime is all :)

Watched 'Batman: Year One' last night with the missus. It has successfully purged that abomination known as "Batman begins" from my mind.

Highly enjoyed it.

AD

God damn Firefly, again. I just took a break from Bloodborne to wash my dished and rearrange my lounge room, because it was kicking my arse, and thought I'd put on Firefly as some background noise. The dishes got done and the lounge room got rearrange, but it took longer than I'd have liked, and now I'm watching the whole season again.

• Like 1

Watched 'Batman: Year One' last night with the missus. It has successfully purged that abomination known as "Batman begins" from my mind.

Highly enjoyed it.

AD

I've never been a big comic fan - read the odd one as a kid, but that's it. I liked "Begins". It may have shat all over the 'origin story' (I wouldn't know), but it was by itself a much more solid story than any other superhero movie I can think of to that point in time - including previous attempts at Batman.

• Like 2

Drive and Only God Forgives. So much fucking depth it's downright awesome to see that movies like this are still being made in todays drivel of the Fast and Furious type bullshit that is so prevalent.

Damn Nicolas Winding Refn (the director) is a fucking film genius. Right up there with David Lynch. If you like film that is actual art, you'll love this guy. And never having bothered watching any Ryan Gosling movies before, the man is a truly talented actor.

This is all IMO of course. But the above mentioned films are now two of my favourites of all time. The soundtrack for Drive is exceptional btw.

So I finally watched Firefly. And now I'm sad because it's over and never coming back :'(

So I finally watched Firefly. And now I'm sad because it's over and never coming back :'(

"you can't take this guy from me..."

:D

• Like 1

"This monster is blue, and full of errors."

• Like 1

Way cool vid .. behind the stunts in Furious 7

Edited by Waltish

Short and sweet. And that sort of shit was, for a brief moment, an actual risk with consumer optical drives.

• Like 1

Short and sweet. And that sort of shit was, for a brief moment, an actual risk with consumer optical drives.

Those guys do some good stuff.

Why Charcoal ? I mean it's not like you need to watch that . It hurt my ears ;)

i reckon maddie will be a major star in her own right in dance in years to come (if she isn't already) - watching her in "chandelier" she is a very fine performer

I'm not really a big fan of hers. Don't get me wrong she's an awesome dancer for her age, Sia and Maddie make a great team. But after watching Dance Moms from the start ( got 2 daughter's 11 and 13) you get to see how she got favored despite the team already having a couple of very talented young dancers. Even her mom would favor Maddie over her sister. That did it for me and I started favoring the underdogs, Brooke, Paige, Nia and Chloe.

Still can't believe they canned Firefly. It and Serenity get viewed on a regular basis.

Vikings - uber brilliant! Can not say enough good about this show!

Great show.

• Like 1

Still can't believe they canned Firefly. It and Serenity get viewed on a regular basis.

Same here, dude. Though I'm more fond of Serenity than Firefly, which I'm told is "wrong" by long-time fans, but it was my first exposure to it.

Same here, dude. Though I'm more fond of Serenity than Firefly, which I'm told is "wrong" by long-time fans, but it was my first exposure to it.

/shrug I swing between the two. Sometimes it is Firefly, sometimes it is Serenity.

Both are good so only the super anal retentive types care about which is proper.

Wow that woulda blown my fuses as a young kid going to the cinema for the first time to see my first moofie on the huge screen !

...cos it was the first moofieI saw at the cinema.

Loved it thanks aliali :)