scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Big Clive has some laughs in his videos, some intended and some just as a consequence of the product. This has to be the most hilarious of his clips that I've seen so far.

• Like 1

Big Clive has some laughs in his videos, some intended and some just as a consequence of the product. This has to be the most hilarious of his clips that I've seen so far.

[flame throwing arse]

Yeah cos shooting ping-pong balls from one's pussy is just soooo passée.

Car SOSage is back on. About to watch 5.2 Jaguar Mk 2.

5.1 was a Mercedes 230SL, probably in the worst condition of any car they've ever had. The end result took months, but the effort showed in the finished product.

Big Clive's brother Ralfy has a channel, mostly doing Whisky reviews.

In 2016 he went to Bonneville Flats for Speed Week and had a crack at the 250cc pushrod motorcycle world record.

A series of 10 short videos total of about half an hour, it would be nice if he'd have done a documentary production of his effort in addition to what seems to be a series of mobile phone and GoPro Vlogs.

But, here 'tis - autoplay if on will play the 10 in sequence.

So is anyone else watching The Expanse?

Bit of a slow boiler but am enjoying it, the book-readers reckon it's about to get pretty crazy pretty soon though.

have been enjoying it increasingly after a rather convoluted start to the story

recently burned through season 1 of The Expanse. excellent so far.

"Read the reviews, no reviewers took their jobs seriously on this show. They watched at most a few episodes. The assignments must have been given to people who don't even do sci fi. Just ignore them. I'm not sure this show will have wide appeal. It's not cartoonish, it's not big and boisterous and overly dramatic, it doesn't focus on people just posturing and profaning. There's no singing, there's no dancing. There's no laugh tracks. There's no villains twirling their mustaches.

This is a serious show, that is plot centered with deep characters and high ideas. It's a gritty look at a plausible future with limited space travel. It's grounded, and it's engrossing. It's some of the best TV that there's been in years, and I can tell already it's under-appreciated." -- metacritic user, Terikan

dont know about 'no reviewers' but otherwise, i concur.

recently burned through season 1 of The Expanse. excellent so far.

"Read the reviews, no reviewers took their jobs seriously on this show. They watched at most a few episodes. The assignments must have been given to people who don't even do sci fi. Just ignore them. I'm not sure this show will have wide appeal. It's not cartoonish, it's not big and boisterous and overly dramatic, it doesn't focus on people just posturing and profaning. There's no singing, there's no dancing. There's no laugh tracks. There's no villains twirling their mustaches.

This is a serious show, that is plot centered with deep characters and high ideas. It's a gritty look at a plausible future with limited space travel. It's grounded, and it's engrossing. It's some of the best TV that there's been in years, and I can tell already it's under-appreciated." -- metacritic user, Terikan

dont know about 'no reviewers' but otherwise, i concur.

It's a great show, and like other great sci-fi shows (such as Farscape and Firefly) it will generate poor ratings and be cancelled soon.

I caught the first episode of Expanse last week . Came to it looking for something different. Good to read positive reviews here.

And, yep " gritty " is about right so far.

Throwing a little much-needed cool water on some of the EotW* alarmists.

(*End of the World)

With so much genuine scary shit around, you would think finding something real to cry about would be a snap. Somehow, it never seems to be the case.

Star Wars: Rogue One now on iTunes and BR/DVD release. Might put it on shortly.

Oh crap.

At least it seems they've found someone who can fill his shoes well. Ant was on "For the love of cars" which has aired over the last few years.

With Hazelwood closing down i got to watching stuff about power plants.. more so Nuclear power plants...

Three mile island doco:

https://youtu.be/C_HWrVeYP5E

Chernobyl:

Both of these are good, and together give you a good picture of events:

https://youtu.be/njTQaUCk4KY

https://youtu.be/0eEpaSLi5WQ

Im currently watching this Fukishima one:

https://youtu.be/Xs3kUK1Gdrs

This will be my next watch..

https://youtu.be/vZ4vtUzG6sQ

IMO, After watching these, im now further in the beleief that a properly Run Nuclear power plant connected to the Grid could solve all our problems.

Edited by te0p

I think this might win the Oscar for Most Annoying Soundtrack, if such a thing existed. It's a good thing to see, despite that.

People have to use shitty free music on "own production" YT videos these days thanks to the © Nazis.

Yet, you still see full TV program uploads of recent shows and music videos that people have no rights to.

I think this might win the Oscar for Most Annoying Soundtrack, if such a thing existed. It's a good thing to see, despite that.

i did something like this!...kind of.

i once got a ball bearing of the right size to represent the earth and then set it at the right distance from a gym ball sun. it was something like 50m or so off. it was the only way i could think of directly comprehending the scales involved.

then, i got all confused about the optics. because the "sun" looked way too big. i know this must be due to the focal lengths of the lenses in my eyes being disproportionately large — larger, in fact, than the diameter of the "earth" — but i still dont really understand. i cant imagine how being shrunk down to a spec on that ball bearing would make the gym ball occupy a small enough fraction of my arc of vision to be the same size that the sun normally appears to us.

so really, i exchanged a small gain in comprehension of one thing for bewilderment at another.

btw, Cybes, are you watching The Expanse — dont recall you ever commenting on it?

Edited by @~thehung

The sun is about 107.5 times it's diameter away from us. So the rough equivalent would be looking at a 1cm marble 1 metre away (apply the same maths to the moon and you get almost the same result)

btw, Cybes, are you watching The Expanse dont recall you ever commenting on it?

Always meant to, but have never seen an ep.

New PC authentication method.

And now

Edited by aliali

Crackpot fuckwits can't even get a real human to narrate their videos. Or maybe they could but she just couldn't keep a straight face.

When the flat-Earther's get bored... hey, let's make up some junk about time travel!

that phone is for real

they used it to tether to their clay tablet to surf the net, but unfortunately no-one had yet put up any websites

but at the right times of the day, they got twitter