scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

I know there isn't a whole lot of interest in firearms around Aus, and even less for historical ones. Even so, you might like to take a moment to see this, because there's a good chance you'll never get the opportunity again (unless you go spelunking in Youube history, anyway):

Carpool thingy with Paul McGod !!

Things sound better in the bog !

Why wont that embed ?

Edited by Outcast_Aussie

The youtu.be aren't direct links, they're sort of their version of TinyURL - and the forum software doesn't embed them. Also doesn't embed direct links if you've got stuff like start time parameter included.

Seems for whatever reason the video's been pulled. Maybe a © violation?

(or not, looks like it's that shows official channel)

Not bad. With most of the country less than 1 metre above sea level, they're probably much better trained and aware than most.

I've long had a soft spot for "art miniatures" (for anyone who doesn't know what those are: tiny, useless-because-of-size but functional, reproductions of things, done for artistic purposes - like tiny steam engines, canon, or knives), so these kinda sucked me right in:

Note: the guy's rather fond of his overdramatic moments, so you might want to just skip ahead a minute or two now and then.

• Like 1

I'm a quarter way through the last season of " Billions". The closing piece of music for the fourth ep. is "Mr Bojangles", the Sammy Davis Jnr. one. I give kudos to the research team for this show, I find their work elegant.

Toby Moore is an Aussie actor in the show. << I have just learnt this. For most of the show however, his manner of speaking and his mouth itself, strongly bring Uncle Fester to mind ;)

edit:

I admire Ken Follet for his 'time travel' with his big novels. Watching Billions has me wondering whether the writers of Game of thrones have the energy to bring it to contemporary times ;)

[disclaimer: I have not watched or read any bit of GoT]

Edited by eveln

I just tried to watch The Lion King for the first time...

I obviously have no heart or soul- everyone raved about this movie, but I didn't last 10 minutes! The overblown music gave me the shits and I wanted all the characters to die

I mean, I never have been a big Disney fan...and maybe it would have grown on me...but I plan to never find that out!

• Like 1

I finished Billions. A good watch; not a "you must see this show" sorta thing, but I'm not disappointed with it.

Attempt #1 is a bit lame but the next one's a beauty.

Re scruffy's clip : and again, I don't know why religious dudes feel the need to cause fear, but then try to ally that fear by saying they the religious dudes will not bring harm to the people ... embers can burn regardless of who is shaking the pyre ;) ffs

That guys arms were amazing threaded as they were from years of kneading cloth and plant matter.

this fucken guy. Lous Katz. first ive heard of him, but this was really well written and funny.

you may want to skip the stoopid intro and jump to 1:05

• Like 1

" Her pussy tasted like dick " ... so either before his six year relationship or maybe during it he sucked dick ... and yet when he finds out he's cuckolded by her he turns cynical.

" a good deed that I could fuck " << that works :)

Walt watches Jay's Garage too. So do I if I'm home whilst it's on ... Some of the cars are verrry nice.

Sounds from the past:

And, personal fave:

Highlight trio of an extensive binge of mid 70s - mid 90s music (ie: formative years, basically), which included a bunch of Peter Gabriel, Styx, Yes, Phil Collins, CHESS, Motorhead, and a pile of other stuff that mostly got flicked through.

Here ya go Cybes ... very interesting...

Nice one, JK - thanks! I hadn't seen that before.

Y'know, I loved from the radio well before I ever saw them. It seems downright bizarre to me that the world was able to take Mamma Cass to its heart, despite her being the size of a house, but they gave Ann such a dreadful time about it. Maybe it's because I grew up in a house full of opera (where anyone not enormous is the odd one out), but music to me has always been about ears and not eyes.

Then again... Food to me is about taste/smell; take your fancy plating elsewhere - by the time you've finished fucking around with it, the dish is cold; and you've put the shit that's hard to cut on top of the stuff that squishes. I'm just a ruthless utilitarian and pragmatist: things should do their damned job, and do it as well as possible, and if it looks like shit then so be it.

• Like 1