Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

The irony of it is that he'd probably never had become a legitimate PM by winning an election if not for the famous Willessee interview where Hewson (his opponent) was unable to explain whether a birthday cake would cost more or less under the proposed GST of the time.

So, really he has Channel 9 to thank for extending his career for 3 years.

As for the whine. It's all about a left leaning publisher being overtaken by a right leaning one. And I'd hardly call Fairfax an unbiased ethical outfit either.

... And I'd hardly call Fairfax an unbiased ethical outfit either.

Yeah. that occurred to me too :D

still not watched tonight's 7.30 show. It'll probably be there on iView in the morning.

Just got done with the first ep of 'Who is America'. They sure save the doozies for last.

I think Cohen is great, and I like what he does, but I just don't have the minerals to sit through the stupidity. I couldn't finish Borat, or the first episode of this. And the worst is last, you say! Fark.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand it. Not that it offends my beliefs or anything, but I just don't find it funny. I respect that he has the guts and the skill to make a show like that happen, but at the same time I don't think a comedy show should be this depressing to watch.

• Like 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" still not watched tonight's 7.30 show. It'll probably be there on iView in the morning."

Much more entertaining to read Keating now than to try watching and listening to him. And that's a pity, cos he makes a good point about the shutting down of diversity of 'news' in Aus.

Edited by eveln

Sharp Objects is well written and well made, but it's still a pretty fucked up show.

I've seen many variations of this sort of thing over the years, but this is one of the better ones.

I don't know how they got their "150 billion light year" universe size - current observable universe is 93.2 billion light years.
There's a 2018 version linked from the end but the music's not as good.

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

I don't know how they got their "150 billion light year" universe size - current observable universe is 93.2 billion light years.
There's a 2018 version linked from the end but the music's not as good.

My guess is that they goofed and used the leading digits from the Milky Way diameter (~100-150 million).  Frankly, though, I don't think most people would have any concept of the size of the discrepancy, save that it's ~50% too much.  Monkey brains don't cope with understanding hugeness of that magnitude, we just recite the number - like a someone can read a word without knowing what it means.

<shrug> For me, it's about the visualisation.  If the numbers for the narration are off, I don't care much - anyone who is ever going to use them will know they're wrong.  If the numbers they use when determining the graphic sizes are out, however...that would be more serious.

Plenty of these around but this is one of the better ones.

Edited by Rybags

Saturday night football, as in NRL.

WTF!?!  When did this start up?  Just surfed over and caught the start.  Parramatta vs St George at that.

And a nice towelling they dished out too.   Makes up in a way for their other meeting about 6 weeks ago when the Eels had a nice lead then just tanked in the last 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, Cybes said:

Live performance on an Italian talent-search TV program; performance starts after 30 seconds. 

Ye been around for a little while. This is the first I saw of them

6 hours ago, aliali said:

Ye been around for a little while. This is the first I saw of them

I first heard them when Strong released, loved it and looked up the video.  Then I kinda forgot about them for a while, and found them again a few days ago.  Just posted that one because it's a brilliant performance for a TV show - those sound stages suck as a rule (even the ones for music shows).