scruffy1

What Did You Watch Lately ?

Rather inflammatory title (nothing terrifying here), but this vid is well worth a watch:

TL;DW: Avvos turn out to be just about as bad for the world as cows.  Joy.

So, as with most things to watch I'm sooooooo fasr behind the times it's cry-worthy ... I'm currently almost through ep.16 season 1 of Veronica Mars. Right now at this point in time i think it's the bees-fucking-knees .

Just in case you feel like you need to do something about this...:

Department of Home Affairs page relevant to this: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/consultations/assistance-and-access-bill-2018

The Bill in question: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/consultations/Documents/the-assistance-access-bill-2018.pdf

The address you need to send your outrage / considered comments to: assistancebill.consultation@homeaffairs.gov.au  (by September 10)  [! Fuck these assholes just love giving us time to think, don't they?]

Edited by Cybes
Add some detail
  • Sad 1

Steve Bannon and Sara Ferguson on 4Corners

See < looking at Cybes' vid > swearing pretty girls are fun to watch ! 😛

"Talent" shows normally leave me quite cold - partly because of the way they seem bent on pressing everything unique into the same bland 'pop' mould, and partly because they're so scripted.  That said, sometimes the uniqueness I just mentioned is pretty damned phenomenal - to wit:

(FTR, I do not think there is anything fake about that performance.  Whilst the adult judges can be easily be accused of acting their surprise, if that kid was feigning anything she deserves a frikken Oscar not a piddly golden buzzer.)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cybes said:

FTR, I do not think there is anything fake about that performance.

read your description and played it unseen on purpose.

that was mental.  sounded 100% like a grown woman to me with obvious talent, but with a tone a little too 'pinched' to be a great voice — like guitar strings tuned slightly beyond what is ideal for their gauge, so in tune but thin on harmonics.  the fact she is only 13, however, she could grow into having a truly great voice, if being on that show doesnt ruin everything first. 

4 hours ago, @~thehung said:

read your description and played it unseen on purpose. [...] she could grow into having a truly great voice, if being on that show doesnt ruin everything first.

Totally agreed.  I'm not a huge Joplin fan myself, but that one is a helluva tune and for a kid so young to blitz that so hard is nothing short of astonishing.

Actually, I think the last time I was wowed in quite the same way was when a chubby Irish goofball blew the fucking doors off of Mustang Sally in The Commitments.

Not a bad short doco ... though I don't think it's "official" - in fact the channel is more about the narrator than the subjects.