Sign in to follow this  
peter_4059

Ultrawide FHD

I've been thinking about a multiple monitor or a larger display for some time now as the 24" just seemed too small. Yesterday I decided to give a 21:9 Ultrawide FHD monitor a try. After looking at various reviews I settled on the 29" LG29EA73-P. It took a while to realise the ASUS R9 280X has two DVI connections however only one of them is dual link. With that resolved I was able to select 2560x1080 resolution and get underway. The R9 280X is happily rendering the extra pixels with no noticeable difference in frame rate and the monitor is not displaying any noticeable lag so I'm pretty happy so far. The only drawback I've noticed is a slight glow in the lower right corner when rendering a fully black image however this is not noticeable in normal use.

I'm now considering connecting the old 24" FHD display as a second monitor for teamspeak etc. What do people recommend - is it better to connect it to the GPU or to the onboard graphics? I'm not planning to extend the gaming display over two monitors.

Cheers,

Peter

It's fine to connect your other monitor to the GPU, single-link DVI can handle up to 1920x1200@60hz.

I was most curious about getting a 2560x1080p for my 290-OC as IMO its the perfect sweet spot of visuals and performance.

Hows the fov/immersion in games treating your eyes, pro's?, cons?