Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Nexus 6 Rumour Mill!

Seems like we're finally getting some information from more reliable sources. Turns out the new Nexus 6 will probably be a 5.9" device with the following specs:

5.9" 2560x1440 QHD display (496ppi)

13MP OIS rear facing camera

2MP front facing camera

Stereo front facing speakers

3200mAh+ battery

Android 5.0

g7wCabfl.jpg

This picture is a mockup, but it'll probably be very close to this based on previous Nexus models. This thing is obviously massive, so I don't know if I'll get one. But chances are it'll be less than $500AUD outright, and tax deductible so... we'll see. :P

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.
  • Like 1

Biggest issue for me would be not being able to use it overseas when I move. But tempting to buy it and then sell/gift it after 8 months.

I was waiting for this until they confirmed its size. I don't want anything that big which puts me back to comparing the Moto X (2014) and current Nexus 5...

Biggest issue for me would be not being able to use it overseas when I move. But tempting to buy it and then sell/gift it after 8 months.

Why wouldn't you be able to use it overseas?

AFAIK I can only use a phone on Verizon's CDMA/LTE network if I buy it from them.

AFAIK I can only use a phone on Verizon's CDMA/LTE network if I buy it from them.

Oh wow! That would mean they don't have anything like a BYO plan.

They do... if you have a phone from Sprint, I think? who also run a CDMA network. But bad luck for GSM BYOers (like me)

I was waiting for this until they confirmed its size. I don't want anything that big which puts me back to comparing the Moto X (2014) and current Nexus 5...

I'm wondering the same, six inches is strolling into dual-hand territory. My SGN is nice for one hand. Plus the usual caveats of Nexus devices, no MicroSD etc.

It's possible that they'll do a refresh of the Nexus 5 too. I hope so, I love mine.

Otherwise, we could invest in these. :P

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/06/worried-about-how-big-the-nexus-6-will-be-no-problemjust-get-this-giant-thumb-extension-from-japan/

From what I've read it appears they are leaving the 'smaller' smartphones to the manufacturers. Of course the amount of crap flying about the internet on the Nexus releases is starting to outweigh the number of kitty pics on the internet...

• Like 1

can not wait. My nexus 4 is getting really dated and its to late to grab a 5. :D

I thought you could still get the 5, and cheap if places have it in stock...

Nexus 5 is still great, as long as you don't need a top of the line camera. It's pretty decent though. Processors haven't jumped much, display tech is already amazing, batteries are the same density as always, and memory hasn't really increased outside phablets.

Nexus 5 is still great, as long as you don't need a top of the line camera. It's pretty decent though. Processors haven't jumped much, display tech is already amazing, batteries are the same density as always, and memory hasn't really increased outside phablets.

Yep.

I think we have reached a point in the market where there are no complete duds and no perfect phones. Which phone is right for you depends on how you use it and what's important to you.

After spending a lot of Google hours over the past few weeks looking at phones and reviews, that's my 2c :)

• Like 1

and neither of them have expandable storage? :\

Oh well, the 6 was out once I found out the size, but now doubly so because of the price!

Z3 Compact or Moto X for me...

N6, MX and Z3(compact) look like the best of the bunch, but that may just be my ignorance of what HTC is doing these days (apart from the N9 hah) and dislike of Samsung.

So it's finally shown up on the Australian play store, but still is not available for purchase. $869 for the 32GB, $929 for the 64GB.

Ouch.

Whilst still cheaper than an iPhone 6 Plus, to me it makes the Note 4 look like good value....

[edit] Looking at the available accessories on the Play store, $40 for a clear plastic case or $45 for the leather folio

Edited by Mademan

Apparently Motorola is selling them on their own site, now. Not sure on availability or price for Australians.