Been playing Outlook and set it up to read emails on tablet. Only problem now is to stop the opening of attachments automatically.

You have Windows 10 on your ASUS already.

Lolz .forgot about that little thing.

You have Windows 10 on your ASUS already.

Lolz .forgot about that little thing.

If you don't want it, I'll take it LOL

Been playing Outlook and set it up to read emails on tablet. Only problem now is to stop the opening of attachments automatically.

That's odd. My experience of Office 2016 is verging on paranoia (on microsofts part). It won't open attachments.

You may need to check your settings mate. It only takes 1 checkbox to screw things over I've found.

AD

That's odd. My experience of Office 2016 is verging on paranoia (on microsofts part). It won't open attachments.

You may need to check your settings mate. It only takes 1 checkbox to screw things over I've found.

AD

New versions of Office can you block or unblock different types of document to opened.

I got it yesterday. A few nice graphical changes. Haven't updated at work yet though. Running Enterprise there.

Netbook is still bung (CPU fan is dead) so i can't exactly go install it over my Win7 as yet.

Netbook is still bung (CPU fan is dead) so i can't exactly go install it over my Win7 as yet.

hairdryer set to cold over the vent!

hairdryer set to cold over the vent!

I'll see if my hairdryers have a cold setting.

Installed Win10 Anniversary Update.

Update itself seems to have installed ok, but there's a few quirks. Skype crashes from my webcam being accessed.

Outlook 2013 loads up, and then about 5 seconds later gets a 'program not responding window' and then closes.

...to be fair, I'm using a quite old webcam, and it doesn't have official win10 divers.

Installed Win10 Anniversary Update.

Update itself seems to have installed ok, but there's a few quirks. Skype crashes from my webcam being accessed.

Outlook 2013 loads up, and then about 5 seconds later gets a 'program not responding window' and then closes.

...to be fair, I'm using a quite old webcam, and it doesn't have official win10 divers.

I betcha thats the SKYPE plugin for Outlook crashing it.

try opening run and typing:

OUTLOOK /safe

Yeah, that and a bunch of other stuff didn't work. Ended up just creating a new profile in outlook.

I have been hearing lately that Windows 10 has a massive update the last few months.

Something in the range of 3 Gig of updates.

My parents got hit with the Windows update, used all of their data allowance.

Apparently there is no setting to tell WHEN Windows to update.

Is this true ?

I have been hearing lately that Windows 10 has a massive update the last few months.

Something in the range of 3 Gig of updates.

My parents got hit with the Windows update, used all of their data allowance.

Apparently there is no setting to tell WHEN Windows to update.

Is this true ?

Semi true.

You can set the connection to a "Metered Connection" in windows.

This means it KNOWS the connection is limited\mobile.

http://www.howtogeek.com/226722/how-when-and-why-to-set-a-connection-as-metered-on-windows-10/

You just have to do it manually.

• Like 1

Well, whatever the update that I just installed was, it got rid of all the audio pops, clicks and skips I've been experiencing.

I hate crappy small laptops with like 32GB of eMMC storage - try installing the 1607 windows update and not enough disk space!

OK - steps to installing Windows 10 anniversary update on a really small drive with not enough disk space

1. Attach an external USB hard drive to the computer (apparently the upgrade does not support using USB drive or Micro SD) - preferably on USB 3.0 and using a fast drive

2. Start the download for the 1607 update - it will complain there's not enough space on the drive

3. Tell the update to use the USB hard drive (ensure you have free space on the drive)

4. Start the update - it copies files to the external USB hard drive

5. Update will reboot Windows 10 three times - and then it finishes

6. Run disk cleanup to remove old windows install and other system crap from the old install

Do remove unnecessary USB devices just in case they interfere with the reboots (wired USB mouse is fine)

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1

Well well windows 10 1703 clean install picks up the windows 8 digital license from the BIOS. Nice

How far back does that arrangement go, does it also cover the Win 7 OEMs? Do you have to use a specific installer or is just the equivalent level to what the licence is for?

I've got a Win7 licence on my i5 laptop - the Home Premium install on it was ridden with viruses and I'd not trust it. I've extracted the product key so can reinstall at my leisure.

How far back does that arrangement go, does it also cover the Win 7 OEMs? Do you have to use a specific installer or is just the equivalent level to what the licence is for?

I've got a Win7 licence on my i5 laptop - the Home Premium install on it was ridden with viruses and I'd not trust it. I've extracted the product key so can reinstall at my leisure.

Windows 8 had digital keys in the BIOS, if it's Windows 7 era - it doesn't. That's why there were windows stickers.

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1