Sign in to follow this  
eveln

Burka Behind Glass

Your conversation may be specifically about the parliment burka ban but i am extending it out and giving context to the reasoning which you don't seem to understand and seem to be ferverently fixated on all of us being evil bigots.

Fine, you want to talk in a more broad context than parliament.

So remind me of the reasons that the burqa is a security threat again?

You've been given a specific reason which is that a full face covering prevents a person from being ID'd and is the reason other non religious full face coverings are banned.

At this point I'm going to assume you're either a troll or the anti-fawj you certainly don't listen to anyone the same way he never did.

• Like 1

Elven and Xen, ill give you a response on Captain Awesomes behalf.

Ban the Burka is a zionist conspiracy created by the Australian Nazis to create apartheid, There has been zero crimes committed by anyone wearing a Burka, period.

To emphasis zero I will repeat that word atleast twenty times.

zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, (oh look at this news article detailing armed robery in a burka in Sydney) How many armed robberies have been carried out by people in burqas? I'll give you the answer - zero. Zero at banks, zero at petrol stations, zero anywhere else in this country.zero zero zero.

You are all very petty complaining about having to take off your helmets at petrol stations. These people have an invisible friend who lives in the sky, when they think of him really hard and ask it things, their invisible friend grants them wishes. This is a ligitamate claim to wear a face covering garment everywhere, even tho it has no known mention in a book that a dude wrote in the middle east over a thousand years ago based of what that invisible friend may of said when he visited him on a flying donkey in space.

You're all racist, biggoted Islamaphobes.

I will emphasis my point with interpretive song and dance, this song is called give me a reason

PINK LYRICS

"Just Give Me A Reason"
(feat. Nate Ruess)

Right from the start
You were a thief
You stole my heart
And I your willing victim
I let you see the parts of me
That weren't all that pretty
And with every touch you fixed them

Now you've been talking in your sleep, oh, oh
Things you never say to me, oh, oh
Tell me that you've had enough
Of our love, our love

Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
It's in the stars
It's been written in the scars on our hearts
We're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
Edited by xnatex

How about this.

Lets have 1 rule for everyone in Australia. There are either no dress codes or there are dress codes. Not different rules for different people.

Good luck having a single exceptionless rule that doesn't essentially introduce indirect discrimination.

My opinion is simple, no one gets to wear something that coverers their faces in any area that requires hightened security.

I don't care if its a balaclava or a burka it makes no difference to me.

Or a beard, or a surgical mask because you're contagious?

I would LOVE to not have to take my helmet off everytime I go to a bank or petrol station. I fukn hate taking it off. Its in my culture to wear that helmet.

What do you think is the bigger issue - that your helmet hides your face, or that it's essentially also a form of body armour?

Im gonna start wearing a traditional Australian Burka, This is in our culture. We can wear what we want.

#Freecountry

nla.int-ex13-s2-item.jpg

Edited by xnatex

How about this.

Lets have 1 rule for everyone in Australia. There are either no dress codes or there are dress codes. Not different rules for different people.

Good luck having a single exceptionless rule that doesn't essentially introduce indirect discrimination.

My opinion is simple, no one gets to wear something that coverers their faces in any area that requires hightened security.

I don't care if its a balaclava or a burka it makes no difference to me.

Or a beard, or a surgical mask because you're contagious?

I would LOVE to not have to take my helmet off everytime I go to a bank or petrol station. I fukn hate taking it off. Its in my culture to wear that helmet.

What do you think is the bigger issue - that your helmet hides your face, or that it's essentially also a form of body armour?

I wear a face mask when im in China, I have to remove it when i enter anywhere that requires me to remove it.

I have no issue with that and it makes sense.

The banks ban other full face covers that are not "body armour" so whilst the arguement makes sense it doesn't encompass the entire reasoning behind the restrictions.

If you are contagious what the hell are you doing in public?

And as for a beard facial recognition can still work around that.

How about this.

But isnt having different rules for different people the definition of discrimination?

You cant cover your face

you can cover your face

Lets remove the ban on face coverings completely. Then its fair.

One country with the same rules for everyone. Stop the discrimination.

If you are contagious what the hell are you doing in public?

Now, that I'd can 100% agree with. Seems like no other fucker on the face of the planet does, though: Half dead and coughing up lungs, and they're still turning up to work or school. GO THE FUCK HOME YOU GERMY CUNT! You aren't actually getting your work done, and you're spreading your plague around so that everyone else in the office/school also can't get their shit done.

Seriously, what is so bloody hard to understand about contagion?

• Like 2

Ok i am a Politician sitting in the Parliament and i look up and see two areas.

Area 1) i can see people's face and i can see whether they are following the discussion by the expressions they make on their face. I can also see them writing something

Area 2) in the other area i can see a what looks like a objects covered in cloth ,not sure what it is and why it is up their. I can see no face nor any movements.

Would you be worried that one group is unseen nor showing any purpose or involvement in parliament proceedings. In Fact the Politicians would probably be watching this group of unseen feeling fear of the unknown. So in reality are they a "Security Risk" ?

• Like 1

How many armed robberies have been carried out by people in burqas? I'll give you the answer - zero. Zero at banks, zero at petrol stations, zero anywhere else in this country. If photo ID is required for a transaction then someone wearing a burqa is required to show their face.

HAHA you talk so much shit its amazing.

"A gunman wearing a full black burqa and sunglasses got away with a bag of cash following an armed robbery in a Sydney car park, police say.

The 35-year-old victim identified his assailant as male after he was threatened with a pistol and told to hand over cash."

Im not even gonna link to the article because you clearly need practice in using google.

Do you just make this up on the fly? chuck in some fancy words and say it with a touch of confidence for extra effect?

hahah

"How many armed robberies have been carried out by people in burqas? I'll give you the answer - zero"

Im actually laughing my ass off IRL. Do you know how much of an idiot you look like having the internet at your hands, google ready to back up your claims. Yet you make claims that are so clearly false I wonder if you're trolling. You keep asking everyone for reasons, what are your reasons for making so much shit up in this thread? you enjoy lying or you need to hide the truth to get your point across?

Actually, you must be. No one who isnt trolling would bring up Nazi's to make a point about dress codes.

Nice one bro

I have heard that once someone held up a bank with a gun.

We better ban guns.....

How many armed robberies have been carried out by people in burqas? I'll give you the answer - zero. Zero at banks, zero at petrol stations, zero anywhere else in this country. If photo ID is required for a transaction then someone wearing a burqa is required to show their face.

HAHA you talk so much shit its amazing.

"A gunman wearing a full black burqa and sunglasses got away with a bag of cash following an armed robbery in a Sydney car park, police say.

The 35-year-old victim identified his assailant as male after he was threatened with a pistol and told to hand over cash."

Im not even gonna link to the article because you clearly need practice in using google.

Do you just make this up on the fly? chuck in some fancy words and say it with a touch of confidence for extra effect?

hahah

"How many armed robberies have been carried out by people in burqas? I'll give you the answer - zero"

Im actually laughing my ass off IRL. Do you know how much of an idiot you look like having the internet at your hands, google ready to back up your claims. Yet you make claims that are so clearly false I wonder if you're trolling. You keep asking everyone for reasons, what are your reasons for making so much shit up in this thread? you enjoy lying or you need to hide the truth to get your point across?

Actually, you must be. No one who isnt trolling would bring up Nazi's to make a point about dress codes.

Nice one bro

I have heard that once someone held up a bank with a gun.

We better ban guns.....

Or better yet restrict where they can be.

Like you can walk around your own property with a gun all you like but you can't take them into a bank or parliment because they pose a security risk.

.... Ohh wait...

I want less rules, legalise guns, ban dress codes in all forms. free country the govt cant tell us what to wear or what we can and cant shoot.

Here is 1 thing you dont get hlass, Guns maybe banned but since when do criminals follow laws? A gun ban stops law abiding citizens from getting guns and giving a monopoloy of the market to the criminal underground.

Legalise everything in my books, I wanna carry a gun and dont wanna take my helmet off. But its people like you who make laws for some that dont apply to others. Shitting on equality with discrimination and expect people to tollerate blatant double standards.

Here is a question for you though, why does middle eastern culture trump our culture and local laws? Why are they exempt from a rule and im not? I want privilege too!

I dont hate the burka, i think its funny if anything. I have a good ol laugh when i see them at the beach swimming with it on, Theres something very funny about watching someone who cant swim waterboarding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding) themself in the name of modesty.

Edited by xnatex

This is security theatre, and has nothing to do with actual security.

Everyone is screened as they enter the building. The screening process is not disrupted by wearing a burqa. Not being able to immediately identify someone is not a security threat. If they cause problems, security is on hand to deal with them. There is no change in security protocol for how to deal with someone causing a disruption based on the wearing of a face covering.

The difference in this situation, when compared to a bank or a service station, is that you do not go through a security screening process when you enter these buildings. It's really that simple.

This is 100% motivated by xenophobia. There has not been a significant incident in parliament involving someone wearing a burqa that has triggered this.

Edited by tastywheat
  • Like 1

Sounds like we all agree on the one-rule-to-rule-them-all solution: wear whatever you want in the bank, but you have to show your face to enter while going through a security checkpoint.

Here is 1 thing you dont get hlass, Guns maybe banned but since when do criminals follow laws? A gun ban stops law abiding citizens from getting guns and giving a monopoloy of the market to the criminal underground.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm more concerned about someone with a gun having a psychotic break rather than someone with a gun belonging to some bike gang in Queensland. Edited by Nich...

I can just imagine all these bikers in Queensland riding down to parliament in a Burqa. Just imagine the chaos with police and security.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster continues to draw new acolytes with a Queensland tradie forgoing a driver's licence to express his religious beliefs.

Brisbane renderer Simon Leadbetter has been unable to drive for almost two months after the state's Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) refused to renew his licence because he insisted on being photographed with a colander on his head.

Simon Leadbetter is a Pastafarian and he believes his rights are being violated because he cannot express his faith through his religious headdress in his licence photo.

"I'm a devout member of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and I have a right to wear a colander just like Sikhs wear turbans," the 31-year-old told ninemsn

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/10/10/00/34/tradie-refused-religious-right-to-wear-pasta-strainer-on-head-in-licence-photo

different rules for different religions

Edited by xnatex
  • Like 2

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster continues to draw new acolytes with a Queensland tradie forgoing a driver's licence to express his religious beliefs.

different rules for different religions

He's being a tool, but he does have a point.

• Like 1

So anyway if it's not a problem for kids and their teacher what's the deal with it being a problem for people who don't

wish to show their selves.

I mean the fact that it's supposedly modesty that forbids them showing their face, I would've thought being in a slightly more private area might also suit their modesty.

The implication that a person needs to be segregated from the rest of us based off a cultural garment is... problematic. It's a call back to the days of 'back of the bus'

In the case of kids it's to avoid disturbing proceedings, in the case of the burqa it's because ninjas are scary.

This is the worst analogy I've read in a while.

"Back of the bus" sort of apartheid/racism couldn't be fixed because you can't convert from being black to being white. But you sure as hell can convert from being a modern-era version of a medieval Arabian death warrior cult, into a functioning secular modern human being who doesn't hide in a potato sack created by a male chauvinist religio-political culture, while claiming your right to emancipation as a woman free to choose.

Banning the burka to sit behind glass with kids is still a dumb fucking idea. Almost as dumb as that analogy.

• Like 1

Well, it's been exposed and repealed. Nothing to do with ASIO or the AFP having security concerns, they weren't even included in the conversation. 100% motivated by xenophobia, and the fact that it passed and was implemented for 2 weeks is pretty concerning from my perspective.

Well, it's been exposed and repealed. Nothing to do with ASIO or the AFP having security concerns, they weren't even included in the conversation. 100% motivated by xenophobia, and the fact that it passed and was implemented for 2 weeks is pretty concerning from my perspective.

What ? Did women wearing burqas and niqabs have to view from behind the glass with the kids ? I mean, did someone actually

get put there during that two weeks ?

I still find it interesting money was spent on a room like this in the public gallery .

IMHO, as I already stated on numerous occasions, kids should be viewing proceedings in the same manner as everyone else.

Or, the whole of the public gallery is glassed off.

And I will throw a street party when the burqa and niqab have lost all favour amongst all women.

And xnatex, isn't there some words on that singlet as well as the flag ? ...

Regardless, it should still be allowed even if it's just bogan types that buy and wear it, I guess.

• Like 1

What ? Did women wearing burqas and niqabs have to view from behind the glass with the kids ? I mean, did someone actually

get put there during that two weeks ?

I still find it interesting money was spent on a room like this in the public gallery .

IMHO, as I already stated on numerous occasions, kids should be viewing proceedings in the same manner as everyone else.

Or, the whole of the public gallery is glassed off.

And I will throw a street party when the burqa and niqab have lost all favour amongst all women.

And xnatex, isn't there some words on that singlet as well as the flag ? ...

Regardless, it should still be allowed even if it's just bogan types that buy and wear it, I guess.

The glassed off kids area is there for a real simple reason.

School Excursions.

Basically, can't have kids asking questions and teachers answering, interrupting parliament. It has nothing to do with them being kids.

This pretty much sums it up

Full context:

389724-5140ba3e-5369-11e4-a40d-833ddda6a

I'm not sure it's outrage worthy, but it's certainly in poor taste given the cultural attitude of Cairns (my home city).

In anticipation of questions about why this is poor taste:

• It serves only to maintain the status quo, i.e. Australia's fine how it is, and nothing needs to change (racism, tolerance etc.)
  • In the context of Cairns, is very much aimed at immigrants

Casual racism is fairly entrenched in the culture up there, so there's pretty legitimate reasons not to 'love it' if you happen to be a non-white immigrant.

Edited by tastywheat

I'm a white Aussie at least third generation from Anglo / Euro descent.

I lived in Cairns for about twenty years, maybe longer. Totally loved it in the early part of my tenancy.

I worked with Europeans, Asians, and Aussie Aboriginals it was an awesome time.

I came to find it an uncomfortable place towards the end.

It became a not safe place to live in.

As I lived close to town and work it was my custom to walk everywhere.This became a dubious enterprise.

My route to work took me past a huge tree which had a wooden bench like seat surrounding it. This became the meeting

place for groups. Sometimes just guys, sometimes women too. The verbal trash that was shouted at me and any other individual

that had to go past was revolting. I guess I could've detoured around them ...

I rarely go there these days.

I lived in Cairns for about twenty years, maybe longer. Totally loved it in the early part of my tenancy.

As I lived close to town and work it was my custom to walk everywhere.This became a dubious enterprise.

My route to work took me past a huge tree which had a wooden bench like seat surrounding it. This became the meeting

place for groups. Sometimes just guys, sometimes women too. The verbal trash that was shouted at me and any other individual

Yup, issues with racism and tolerance are not just limited to white Australians. The Aboriginal communities do it pretty tough though. Child abuse, domestic abuse, and sexual assault are self-perpetuating issues that are horrifically endemic. Despite the employment incentives, you'll always be a second class worker, and family life takes priority, so it's a very difficult situation to escape. The government throws money at the problem, but money alone isn't going to solve it any time soon.

Edited by tastywheat

Yup, issues with racism and tolerance are not just limited to white Australians. The Aboriginal communities do it pretty tough though. Child abuse, domestic abuse, and sexual assault are self-perpetuating issues that are horrifically endemic. Despite the employment incentives, you'll always be a second class worker, and family life takes priority, so it's a very difficult situation to escape. The government throws money at the problem, but money alone isn't going to solve it any time soon.

LOL. You know what tree I'm talking about :P ... that's sad really ;)

It seems to me Cairns as a city has no 'heart'. It's full of money grabbing shits who couldn't give a flying fuck

about anything other than what will grow their personal bank balance.