SonOfNoddy

My PC is still not working...

well now you have the exact same error as the guy on the other forum what did you change?

well now you have the exact same error as the guy on the other forum what did you change?

I didn't change anything. I started it up and then BOOM, CPU LED is lit up and not turning off, I tried reseating the CPU and nothing changed.

maybe post on that forum saying you followed his advice int hat link without change or see if you can send your mb back and pay $10 to exchange it for asrock z97m pro4 its a bit lower quality mb but good enough for a pentium and will support it out of the box

your mb should work with the bios update but it seems that it doesnt :(

maybe post on that forum saying you followed his advice int hat link without change or see if you can send your mb back and pay $10 to exchange it for asrock z97m pro4 its a bit lower quality mb but good enough for a pentium and will support it out of the box

your mb should work with the bios update but it seems that it doesnt :(

I replied back (voidei is my screen name), and how would I return my current motherboard for another?

store should do it if there half decent since the mb was supposed to support a cpu that it doesnt seem to unless they find that it does work when they test it...

I asked if I could return it and the item has to be unused and unopened, and returned within 3 days of receiving it. So, no luck there.

I asked if I could return it and the item has to be unused and unopened, and returned within 3 days of receiving it. So, no luck there.

i call crap here. Tell them you will contact Consumer Affairs for further advice and see them change their tune.

You can get them to return it too Asus and get a refund or replacement. They just avoiding paying courier fees and getting an RA number.

i call crap here. Tell them you will contact Consumer Affairs for further advice and see them change their tune.

You can get them to return it too Asus and get a refund or replacement. They just avoiding paying courier fees and getting an RA number.

How do I contact consumer affairs? and what do you mean by get them to return it to ASUS? and I can get warranty on it but not return it.

if the shop cannot repair it normally its standard practice to return it under an RA number ( RA = Return Authorisation ). If its an ASUS board it gets returned to ASUS to be checked by ASUS who can either repair it or replace it. If you look at some of those papers in the Motherboard box their should be a booklet on repairs and returns.

To contact Consumer Affairs look in your phone book for your state and give them a ring.

I think they playing the dumb card with you because of your age and you have little knowledge of Computer Parts.

I would also put this up in Whirlpool forums that shop is not allowing a return on this product or allowing a repair under warranty. Don't mention names.

The ASUS rep may contact you directly through WHirlpool .

I think that there might be some misunderstanding about the returns, here is what they rote back,

We are able to take an item back so long as it remains in a unused condition and no seals on the box or components have been broken; as we would no longer be able to sell it as new to a customer in good faith, which results in a loss. All items returned via a change of mind are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

If your item fits in the above description, feel free to “Apply to return an item” in the Returns and Service Department section of your account page.

Please do this as soon as possible as the application must be sent within 3 days of receiving the item. Let us know if you have any questions.

I should be able to still get an RA number from them and get it returned, but not 100% sure.

yeah thats a strange one.....

Did they advise you which board to buy? If so, they advised wrong and you can return it. as the product "Is not suitable for the purpose it was purchased for" (as explained to the salesman).

If you DIY'd your own shopping, then...... research better, and accept this as a loss :P

If its BROKEN, then you want to apply for a warranty repair, not a 'return'.

how are you meant to find out if something is broken if its unused and sealed?

I have no idea.

yeah thats a strange one.....

Did they advise you which board to buy? If so, they advised wrong and you can return it. as the product "Is not suitable for the purpose it was purchased for" (as explained to the salesman).

If you DIY'd your own shopping, then...... research better, and accept this as a loss :P

If its BROKEN, then you want to apply for a warranty repair, not a 'return'.

Dasa chose the motherboard CPU combination for me, and I will try to get warranty.

When i started out in PC's with a 386 i used to select my own boards ,at that time their where only Gigabyte or Asus.

What you do is ask to inspect the board in the shop ,you can do that looking through the static packaging. If unsure about CPU ask shop owner to check the CPU pins.

But I think you have probably left it too late for a refund ,warranty claim is your only option now. Try going to ASUS site in Aussie and tell them what is happening ,they might be able give you a RA to send it back to ASUS.

I know this sounds a little bit 'silly' for someone who builds PC's for fun, but did you try following the manual 100%?

Motherboard manuals are pretty in depth, and very step by step. You'll learn about things you didnt know the board had, maybe find a jumper you missed, maybe some eratta you didnt expect (for example, one board back in Athlon64 days could only keep CPU support by lowing RAM speed, dunno why).

I'm just trying to make sure you're not doing a common rookie mistake and poking and prodding at the problem trying to fix it, when really, sometimes you just need to disassemble, start at square 1, treat yourself like an idiot, and follow the guides.

send the mb back to the store for rma and hope it all gets sorted soon

When i started out in PC's with a 386 i used to select my own boards ,at that time their where only Gigabyte or Asus.

What you do is ask to inspect the board in the shop ,you can do that looking through the static packaging. If unsure about CPU ask shop owner to check the CPU pins.

But I think you have probably left it too late for a refund ,warranty claim is your only option now. Try going to ASUS site in Aussie and tell them what is happening ,they might be able give you a RA to send it back to ASUS.

Ok.

I know this sounds a little bit 'silly' for someone who builds PC's for fun, but did you try following the manual 100%?

Motherboard manuals are pretty in depth, and very step by step. You'll learn about things you didnt know the board had, maybe find a jumper you missed, maybe some eratta you didnt expect (for example, one board back in Athlon64 days could only keep CPU support by lowing RAM speed, dunno why).

I'm just trying to make sure you're not doing a common rookie mistake and poking and prodding at the problem trying to fix it, when really, sometimes you just need to disassemble, start at square 1, treat yourself like an idiot, and follow the guides.

I did follow the guide 100% read everything that did not include anything about BIOS setup because I haven't gotten to the stage yet.

send the mb back to the store for rma and hope it all gets sorted soon

Ok.

it wouldnt hurt to include a link to the other thread where you followed the reps advice in the description of the problem when you send it back for rma

I have returned the motherboard and there was a fault with the board, but since they no longer stock the board, they credited the money to my account, so I got an ASRock Z97M pro4 motherboard with the money. Hopefully it will finally work.