Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
gamble

Assassin’s Creed Unity Crazy PC Specs

Looks like a good game but these specs seem really high... And it might be capped at 30fps?

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/192849-assassins-creed-unitys-crazy-minimum-pc-specs-500-gpu-200-cpu-50gb-storage

"At a bare minimum, the new Assassin’s Creed game will require an Nvidia GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970, 6GB of RAM, and a Core i5-2500K or Phenom II X4 940 CPU. The recommended specs take that up to a Core i7-3770 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a top-of-the-line GTX 780 or Radeon R9 290X"

Plus 50gb

Edited by gamble

"The recommended specs take that up to a Core i7-3770 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a top-of-the-line GTX 780 or Radeon R9 290X" Plus 50gb"

Check

Check

Check

Check

:-P

@gamble: That might seem like an outrageous list to you now, but as OracleX has so neatly shown, that can be met right now. And in a year's time, everyone and their dog will have that or better - which gives the game some measure of longevity.

That surely would lock out a lot of people playing it on PC. I'm in the process of upgrading to a 2nd hand GTX 760, which is apparently too slow for this!

• Like 1

Rush to launch, Ubi?

Honestly, It looks like they just slashed their optimisation budget.

• Like 1

@gamble: That might seem like an outrageous list to you now, but as OracleX has so neatly shown, that can be met right now. And in a year's time, everyone and their dog will have that or better - which gives the game some measure of longevity.

Mind you, I just bought my new comp this year and it costed me $2500. And it just made the max specs. So I can see how this is a problem for most PC players who want to play on max specs.

Let's face it, playing a game on lower res makes you feel... dirty..

Edited by Oracle X

Let's face it, playing a game on lower res makes you feel... dirty..

Dude, I haven't managed to get a new game running on max settings at what I consider an acceptable framerate since 1990. They've always been ahead of the hardware curve, and it's only become worse with time. (Although, slightly better than projected in Aus for a bit, since we stopped lagging quite so far behind the US.)

New News making the rounds...

Apparently disabling the internet connection boosts the framedrops and performance for PS4, Dunno about PC, maybe...

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2m521i/putting_your_ps4_offline_fixes_the_framerate_issue/

Updated news post (analysis coming)- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis

Edited by drawesome

NrdQZfi.png

Better patch the important things first, right?

Give it a few years and you will have the option to "buy the patch" from the in-game / platform shitty store. Or just pay for the privilege of getting it on release day.

You know it's coming. It's the logical next step of all this pay-for-play "extra" content.

Edited by Oracle X

CPU running at 4.5ghz, two GTX680 in Sli, 64GB of DDR and SSD ... still can't run at good frame rates on high settings.