Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

Worlds of Draenor Launched

I don't think I've seen the energy costs increase - 40 for shred looks about right, same for rake and rip. Did you drop SotF? Is it because FB is using more energy for bonus damage?

TF was only ever enough for one, maybe two CP generators - it's moreso that by the time you bottomed out, hit TF, and one or two other buttons, you had a little bit of regen going on and could almost hit a third straight away. TF was mostly there to buff bleeds/burst tho'.

I'm hoping for a small Thanksgiving sale discount, but I won't have time until Christmas when I'm back in Australia. Not rushing to buy it when I won't be resubbing straight away. I did play for a few hours last week on the free time to lure people back, tho'.

Blizz announced today they giving everyone 4days of extra play to each account as compensation for the Launch Woes. Big deal ,some servers are still overloaded with Q's and such.

Haste ? Just noticed all this gear has stripped my haste back just over 2% ,kinda makes me think now on rotations. Seems some server lag is present when i start attacking i sometimes freeze for 2 secs before i start my attack.

Loving Nagrand so green and nice. And all that Leather , 200 pieces in 30mins.

Just started doing a quest in Nagrand in the shadow caves and i get booted . Then the forums are alive that a HUGE ddos attack is hitting blizz servers and Lotro also.

Hope my druid is still in prowl mode when i login ,otherwise its a long run back.

After getting my Fire Mage to 100 tonight and all my gear above ilvl600 it was like a breath of fresh air. But when i looked back it could of only been done with a Bodyguard from Lvl2 Barracks.

With Mages we need room for kiting the enemy around but i found out even in Nagrand mobs are too close and then the phase instancing made it worse. Backing into a phase instance was like rolling a dice ,but most times i was lucky to avoid danger.

For a cloth armor wearer and caster i was rather dismayed that it was like shooting myself in the foot each day i started to play ,it was not fun. In fact i do believe from my view that Blizzard have intentionally turned from casuals to more Hardcore. With everything from Garrison missions to Professions now Time gated its impossible to say a casual would enjoy it. After my mage Hitting 100 you get missions in your garrison ,one which is of Importance if you want to raid. First Quest i got was for Garrison upgrading to Tier3 which requires 2000 resource supplies ,which i only had just over 400 so it will be a while for me to get T3 garrison.

Proving Grounds is something that must be done but as a mage my DPS was too low even for Bronze ,on the 4/5 wave i got 2 enemies that at 30sec raised shields. Both at 97k is impossible for a Fire mage with low DPS and as 30secs. They even stopped my bodyguard from accompanying you which is a shame. As in Blizz Forums it becoming noticeable by those with disabilities. Another reason why i think Blizzard are turning their backs on Casuals.

In Nagrand some quests are plain damn hard even with a bodyguard to assist ,the main Quest that stood out was with killing Garrosh Hellscream . In this fight my LOW Dps was barely scratching him and my bodyguard was having problems too. Third reason why i think Blizzard are turning their backs on Casuals.

Quite Frankly it was an Omen to be released with the launch problems and now all classes and players are experiencing DPS issues and such. In Blizzard Forums it very quiet with no feedback from Blizzard on all these problems even Hotfixes stopped on Nov25th. So something must be happening in the background ,not mention the wave of DDOS attacks lately.

All up i would probably give 4/10 for World of Draenor expansion i must say it has been the worst implemented expansion in the Series of WoW.

Edited by codecreeper

Really, no offense, but the problem here is you. I just did that trial as a healer for shits and giggles to see what the problem was. The Npc tells you that you have to hit those mobs from behind. You can't damage them from the front. Silver will want you to interrupt specific things and it'll tell you which things to interrupt. Having said that you're not supposed to finish silver till you're ready for heroics which is an 610ilvl.

Outside of the garrison and large plot upgrades you don't use supplies for anything other then one roll on raid gear a week. Once they're out of the way it starts stockpilling like crazy. If you have an inn try recruiting a scavenger to get three times the resources from missions. Those missions can typically take like 30mins and bring you in up to 300 resources a pop. The stables daily quests spits out ~120 a day. Grab a mod that shows you were the treasures are in each zone. There's literally hundreds of resources lying around in every zone waiting for you to just pick them up.

• Like 1

Blizzard let their staff have Thanksgiving off with their families? What cunts.

• Like 1

Really, no offense, but the problem here is you. I just did that trial as a healer for shits and giggles to see what the problem was. The Npc tells you that you have to hit those mobs from behind. You can't damage them from the front. Silver will want you to interrupt specific things and it'll tell you which things to interrupt. Having said that you're not supposed to finish silver till you're ready for heroics which is an 610ilvl.

Outside of the garrison and large plot upgrades you don't use supplies for anything other then one roll on raid gear a week. Once they're out of the way it starts stockpilling like crazy. If you have an inn try recruiting a scavenger to get three times the resources from missions. Those missions can typically take like 30mins and bring you in up to 300 resources a pop. The stables daily quests spits out ~120 a day. Grab a mod that shows you were the treasures are in each zone. There's literally hundreds of resources lying around in every zone waiting for you to just pick them up.

Well yes and no.

From what i was observing in Warspear a conversation was taking place in trade chat. It was about the devs and beta testing ,those in beta where saying a lot of things like DPS and such where mentioned. But the devs did not implement the changes ,which makes you wonder why a beta testing period was implemented.

Garrison resources is another thing with so many farmers just going from place to place its hard getting anything. Ok get a Lumber Mill and generate your own resources is another method. But they forgot one thing on Horde their is no Lumber in the starting area's the only closest area is Gorgrond so again another cockup by Blizzard.

Well a caster has no mobility and this is where the problem lies ,in general PVE it was painful on NPC's that jumped over you or blinked behind you. As a Caster that is a wasted cast and a spell ,with a CD to worry about.

We all tend to blame each other for our own problems and but some have advantages over others ,which i think its unfair we blame each other. I suffer from a Hearing problem and Heart issues with Arthritis in my joints so really this Proving Grounds is crap for me. Not that i really want to do heroics and listen to whinging players.

The only good thing about this expansion is the nice new area's ,apart from that its not like previous expansions.

I really don't understand. You're complaining about failing to do the unlock quest to do content you don't want to do? I can sympathize you might have a hearing problem, but it's also written in your chat log. I'd take a lot of what you read in chat with a grain of salt. A lot of players really have no idea what they're talking about or how to play their class at all. In the last few days I've come across multiple players pulling sub 5k dps when you see others in the same spec doing terrific dps. Some are using the completely wrong stats. Some refuse to give up their obsolete panda epics. Some are using the wrong rotations. Others seem to of smashed their face on the keyboard and queued by mistake. There was one awful elemental shaman who didn't seem to know what a totem was... Some specs are completely and utterly gear dependent and yet the players refuse to use other specs in the interim. If you ever get to try the challenge mode dungeons you'll understand that caster mobility is not an issue. Casters do just fine in extremely mobile, hectic situations. It's all down to the personal players skill. Having awareness of the battlefield, knowing what the mobs are casting, what to interrupt, when to use cooldowns and of course when to move.

Lumber is at least limited to one stack so there's only so much someone can farm of it and that is further limited to how much the lumber mill can actually process it. I've not harvested a tree in almost a week, ran out of wood and I'm still waiting for it all to get refined. Having said that, it's output per day is still inferior to one missions with a scavenger follower or the dailies from the stables. Seriously, build the inn, get it to level 2 and recruit a follower with the scavenger trait. Do it again the following week and you'll never worry about resources again.

Am I doing something wrong with Garrison resources? Still 1k+, boosted mine to level 2, can't do any other buildsings until I get to level 96 or so.

All I'm doing for income is clicking on things once a day in the garrison, and picking up all the rare 'treasure' loot on the zone maps, half of which has resources.

Am I doing something wrong with Garrison resources? Still 1k+, boosted mine to level 2, can't do any other buildsings until I get to level 96 or so.

All I'm doing for income is clicking on things once a day in the garrison, and picking up all the rare 'treasure' loot on the zone maps, half of which has resources.

No, that sounds about right till you start getting other buildings going.

No, that sounds about right till you start getting other buildings going.

their is a couple of quests that give books as reward before lvl96 ,so use those to fill those plots up. Just head to Warspear or Stormshield and check the Garrison Blueprints Vendor.

Was playing my Hunter last night his DPS was crap against the big bosses. On normal quests he seems ok ,but the bosses with Golden leaves around their name is a problem.Playing survival at the moment might change over to MM build and see if thats better. I asked in chat and some say its because Hunters have no Burst DPS ,which is why most casters are having problems too.

Seems even all the big sites like EJ's are giving up on this expansion too. OK so some classes perform better than others which means then either something is wrong in mathematical calculations on DPS or Blizz did this to force player to play in groups.

I understand when you said its my fault for low DPS but i was playing a MAGE designed in a GAME by BLIZZARD. So their is no way i could have changed the CD's or anything manually . I only press the keys for the skills at the appropriate times.

WoD might be losing numbers very soon and only left with Hardcore raiders soon.

Edited by codecreeper

Survival is terrible, just switch specs to something else.

Grouping up to kill group mobs in an MMO really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Hell, you don't even need to be in a group these days, just hit it once and you can loot it whether or not you have the tag. Toss in personal loot, guaranteed loot in every dungeon and even raiding equivalent epics from garrison missions and the game quiet easily caters to casuals rather then just the raiding elite.

Sorry, but playing a mage in a game made by people called Blizzard is irrelevant. Yes, you can choose when and where to use your cooldowns. It's the entire point of the proving ground. To teach you have to efficiently play your class. You may not succeed the first time, but that's fine you're supposed to learn and get better the next attempt. If a mob is going to pounce, wait for it to pounce, step out of the way an unload. If bloodlust is needed on a particular wave or boss phase, wait until that wave to use it. Correctly identifying what is going on and where to use cooldowns is manually controlled by the player regardless of what role you're playing or even what mmo you're playing. If you think this is hard you should go try FFXIV where one person out of position or even facing the wrong way will wipe an entire raid with no chance of recovery and that's just normal mode not extreme.

• Like 1

Patch was downloaded today new features are the Tanaan Jungle is now used for character boost lvl90's to get them used to using each spell. Pity i boosted my Priest up too lvl90 from a resurrect after i downloaded WoD.

And more dungeons where opened up in Heroic mode. Becareful some players are reporting that tanks are leaving in same cases after first bosses for Garrison quest items.

I changed my Hunter to MM heaps better now ,did the whole Frost map including the last 2 story lines in Frostridge and not one death. Now on too Gorgrond.

Still unsure about this whether to keep playing or not ,Guild Wars 2 sucks balls at the moment. See how i go when i play my mage more.

No, there's still the same amount of heroic dungeons. People were always leaving after getting their quest items. It's just the critical mass of slow levelers has hit the point where they can queue heroics to see it and complain. No one wants to do shit like Everbloom or Grimrail in the first place. It's even worse when you have hunters who keep pulling extra packs with barrage or dps in their Ashran cheesed pvp gear who have zero idea how the cannon works since they never bothered to do it in normal, they just want to be carried to their epic ring.

I've lost track of the number of times I've joined a group to find them next to a quest item. Blizzard thinks that making people do the instance to finish the quest will fix it. It won't, they just wont pick up the quest anymore. The odds are those people have already unlocked their level 3 inn and they've got zero reason to do heroics anymore, particularly when 90% of the time they actually get a drop it's a useless versatility item that no one wants. Blizzard just needs to remove that stat already. If reforging was still in the game people would use it to get rid of it. The pathetic +50 stat buff item for being someone in need is just another kick in the balls to people who already have all or most of their gear too.

I have been looking around for guides on these new stats but cannot find anything.

My Mage started in Draenor on %0 in Multistrike ,but last night i put my Elemental Shaman and he has %40 which is odd.

So i am thinking something must be wrong and what new stats apply to caster's and which ones for melee.

Just noticed all the traits on followers Garrison for my mage are gone. So i am stuck with no missions to do.

Zzz. Had a nice lovely typed out post and lost it to a blackout near the end. You get the short crappy one now :P

Stats on gear vary by class and spec. Specs also come with a passive 5% to a certain stat. Just try something like "wow wod <class> <spec> guide" into Google and you should find a decent Icy-veins guide like http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-mage-pve-dps-guide

If you can't see your followers traits for missions either the follower is too low in level for the mission or it doesn't have a high enough ilvl. You need to get upgrade items from missions, the salvage yard or the Dwarven bunker to upgrade followers ilvls and break the 615 and 630 ilvl reqs.

Some classes always perform better than others.

Levelling - and levelling gear - is not what the game is balanced around.

I have about 10 alts and my mage been putting them through Draenor slowly. So far my Feral Druid was the fastest to hit lvl100 in 5 days ,my Mage took 7 days. But my Prot Warrior is like a Tank nothing can down him i am in Talador on day 3 of playing him.

Trying to think is it worth buying lvl90 boost to see Taanan Jungle ,looks like a nice area. But Strange its lvl100 and only for boosted characters.

The zone proper isn't in the game. Boosted characters do the exact same intro zone as normal characters they now just get their skills unlocked slowly across the zone rather then a giant lump sum of over half their skills when they completed the last quest in the Blasted lands.

I wonder if they will eventually turn Tanaan Jungle into a PVP zone?

Reading Blizz forums tonight their seems to be a lot of anger about WoD ,like no flying ,DPS issues, Proving grounds ,and even lack of response from Blizz.

It seems like a lot of players are ready to quit already. I am only staying around hoping all these hotfixes may fix the problems.

Was on my feral druid tonight decided to go exploring never been in the northern part of Nagrand ,so many elites in that area and a Big Ogre area. I can see and island NW of Nagrand not sure what is on that either.

While i was up in north Nagrand i helped a horde hunter kill a Huge Clefthoof starts with a 'B' ,damn mobs near him was getting stuck on me so i had to break off and kill them. Got heaps of little rep items and Leather. So all up it was worth it.

Edited by codecreeper

Do you read the blizzard forums much, Code? There's always whining and gnashing of teeth.

Do you read the blizzard forums much, Code? There's always whining and gnashing of teeth.

reading blizz forums is like walking into a crocodile infested pit. So much aggression and nor much positivity.

Just wonder if Atomic ( PCTA )will be doing a review on the WoD expansion?

It'd probably be better suited to appearing in Hyper or PCPP, but the odds are if a review has been done, it'll be out soon (printing delays and etc).