Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

Worlds of Draenor Launched

Trial accounts have first 20 levels for free.

What you should be doing is hunting down the ten day free trial of WoD and use that, seeing as 20 levels is a) trivial to hit for an experienced MMO player, and b) has so few buttons to press you'll be bored.

If you get the ten day trial active, play around with your hunter a bit, play around with the death knight a bit, and the same for a monk.

Subtlety rogue is still probably the most involved class to play, rotationally, but I'm not happy with the single role, so I think a monk or druid might be more your style.

You really should of come and played XIV with us Nich if you want multiple roles. Not to mention how much it's raiding mechanics puts WoW to shame.

was reading the blizz forums in the general section and one of the GM's called Bashiok mentioned that playing alts is not the way to play WoW. If you have a Main then you should play that only. Kind of made me think what is these Blizz guys up too ,they all been smoking weed or something.

Considering the way the Garrison is setup, BoA gear and level 90 character boosts I find that very hard to believe.

• Like 1

Playing my Tank and attempted to do the Silver Tanking in PG i got so aggro it seemed so unfair. That the NPC i was protecting was not in a party with me so i could not use my skills to protect her. Secondly why is it like this ? I am a Tank doing DPS ,Aggro control and healing myself as the NPC was dying. I thought tanking was about playing in parties or raids ,not do it solo.

Just cannot get past 5/8 those adds in the outer area is so hard. And my taunting cannot reach them.

That the NPC i was protecting was not in a party with me so i could not use my skills to protect her.

What skills require someone to be in the party?

Secondly why is it like this ? I am a Tank doing DPS ,Aggro control and healing myself as the NPC was dying. I thought tanking was about playing in parties or raids ,not do it solo.

Tanking is about control and survival. I don't remember any big problems from the MoP PG earlier in the year.

was reading the blizz forums in the general section and one of the GM's called Bashiok mentioned that playing alts is not the way to play WoW. If you have a Main then you should play that only. Kind of made me think what is these Blizz guys up too ,they all been smoking weed or something.

Link?

This PG crap is annoying me.

First off everyone is saying this has gone back to vanilla days? Wrong

In Vanilla did we have a PG? No

In Vanilla did we have gear checking built in? No

In Vanilla did we have Vent or Voip? No

In Vanilla back in 2004 we learned to play as a group and understand the mechanics ,now they want us to be able to learn this SOLO.

But now we have to prove that we can do an instance SOLO? In a Raid i am playing with 19 or 39 others players ,so what does this prove. That i can do the task of 19 or 39 players ,SOLO.

We also have gear checking why again to keep this group of players happy that they can do instances in Hardcore mode. Everyone else suffers as they cannot put the time into this crap ,so we have casual players. Screw the players that suffers disabilities or have learning difficulties or from hideous Lag issues.

Voip never came on too the scene until WoTLK expansion ,now its compulsory if you want to raid and do dungeons.

I still stand by my statement " Worlds of Draenor is one big steaming pile of shite" .

Blizzards lack of responses have signalled maybe they too have the feeling that WoD is crap ,designed by Jay Wilson. The guy that Designed D3 and Blizzard had to fix just to get it working.

Voice comms has been there since vanilla. It's nothing new. The only difference there is the addition of Skype to the mix. In fact with the minimal use of raiding mods back then it was probably more of a requirement back then then it is now.

In vanilla you very rarely ever worked anything out for yourself. Mechanically the dungeons were very simple and were nothing more then tank and spank fights where you stood behind the boss and maybe aoe healed a little. Unless you were in a bleeding edge raiding guild you worked off the passed down strats of the elite and installed mobs to tell you when something bad was coming. Timers may not be in game by default, but the written strategies are.

Tanking is not simply about standing still beating on one mob. That's what's known as a bad tank. A good tank knows where every member in the group is, when and where to mobs, what cooldowns to use and when and everything they need to do to save someone who gets into trouble. Healers need to be saved when adds spawn and they get healing agro and sometimes the healer has someone else to save or another mechanic to do that means the tank needs to look after themselves. The proving grounds is trying to teach you these skills and concepts away from other people so you don't have to waste their time wiping while you learn the basics. It's really not a fun thing trying to tell someone what they've done wrong after the third wipe and what skills they should be using. Most people don't happily accept the advice, they in fact do the opposite. They scream and yell at you since you'd dare accuse them of playing their class wrong. They're playing the game the way they want to and in fact you're playing wrong and making the group wipe. Even if the other four agree standing in fire is bad...

Odds are if you leveled the class and spec these things will already be second nature since you got all the abilities slowly and mechanics were drip fed across the game. If the player boosted or switched specs the player could probably do with the practice.

People have always been checking other players gear and kicking those from the group who haven't been bothered to put an effort in so as to not make them a burden up upon the group. Blizzard just stepped in an minimised the amount it happens by making people have a certain ilvl before being able to queue since Cata (possibly even the last couple of heroics in wotlk, I can't quiet recall if those had reqs on them). If you don't have the gear to meet dps checks and enrage timers (something that's been there since vanilla) you are wasting the time of everyone else in the instance. If they have an hour or two to do raids, they have an hour or two to do instances to make the ilvl requirements. Hell, my ilvl is approaching 650 from just logging in for 30mins a day, doing transmutes and sending my followers off on missions. There's just the one piece of LFR gear, nothing bought from the ah and no normal raiding or challenge modes. It is very casual friendly.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but most people don't disabilities or learning issues. They want mechanically challenging and rewarding content rather then simply just out gearing content to succed. They get fresh to 100 and beat the trials on their first or second attempt with gear vastly inferior to when the instance starts capping their ilvl and lowering their gear.

• Like 1

Voice comms has been there since vanilla. It's nothing new. The only difference there is the addition of Skype to the mix. In fact with the minimal use of raiding mods back then it was probably more of a requirement back then then it is now

Wrong ,voip was pc to pc based and was designed in Israel ,even in 2001 it was deployed along the AARNET and still in IRC format. It was not until 2008 that it was deployed to mobile networks officially ,but their where beta designs like Vent and Truespeech in testing.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but most people don't disabilities or learning issues

No offense to you but this is whole reason why this game has turned on the basic player. It is 'US' with disabilities and learning problems that keep WoW alive. Not the Hardcore players who only make up %5-10 of the WoW population. Trying to remove players with problems is called discrimination and it won't be long before someone yells "Legal Action" in the US.

Even most players are aggressive now in the game ,looking at each other in parties and checking each others gear even in by the armory.

I loved MoP players would help each other and even joke about things but today that is gone. WoW is a steaming pile of crap. Its lost its path.

We all have our own views and we all the enjoy the game our own way ,but LVL100 is a brick wall with no more content if you cannot live up too Raid standards.

My subs end soon ,and i am walking away from WoW it stinks too much.

Code: I used VOIP using TeamSpeak when I played. Pre-Burning Crusade. It was a requirement in the guild I was in if you wanted to do a Molten Core or Onyxia run. I still remember Dwarvinator. He sounded like a young Arnold Shwarznegger. Used to team up with him often.

I can't speak for the other stuff as I haven't played. Sadly, it was the lack of complexity that was big factor in me leaving. As I've said, I love LOTRO because of the Warden class. I love the reactive and anticip------atory nature of it.

AD

Vent existed back then. Teamspeak existed back then. People used them. Please stop trying to pretend otherwise. Even the lowly little casual atomic guild had it for raiding.

I'm also very sorry, but no, people with disabilities and learning issues are not the ones keeping the game alive. You're deluding yourself if you think that out of almost ten million subscribers it's the people with personal issues keeping the game going. The vast majority of people can and do do heroics. They're also able to complete the almost mechanic free LFR as well as the normal mode. The hardcore are those doing the mythic version. Not the heroic version, the mythic. It's the exact same progression format used in MoP that you seem to so love, just with different names. If someone was going to make a failed attempt at "legal action" they've already had an entire expansion of the exact same methodology to do so. I'd wager some silly American probably already tried to and failed a long time ago.

Lets pretend they remove the very very simple ilvl and skill entry requirements and let these people that are "apparently" being discriminated against into the content. Are they then going to start another lawsuit because the rest of the group kicks them for being constantly dead, failing class and encounter mechanics and wiping the raid? That group, be it four or forty other people aren't going to put up with one person not carrying their weight and doing their fair share.

People have always inspected other players gear, it's also been there since Vanilla in game. Whether it be to drool over someone elses epics or to boot them for not having enchants or resist gear, again it's been there the whole time.

There have been gear checks to enter certain kinds of instances since LFG/LFR was introduced.

I hit 100 last night on my feral druid and, for shits and giggles, entered the Proving Grounds. Keep in mind I'm wearing raid gear (not even heroic)) from MoP, with the exception of a ~550-ish neck I got from a quest reward upgrade, and a 620 shoulder I got from follower missions. There have been virtually no quest gear upgrades because I've only done the first three zones, and have only just started Spires of Arak/not done any of Nagrand.

Bronze, no wipes, Silver, no wipes. I probably would have finished Gold with no wipes but I didn't bother using my DPS cooldowns after getting stuck in amber, and so flunked out on the third last wave or something. There were no difficult concepts, it was all just 'don't stand in the sphere that stuns you', and 'interrupt the healer'. I was going to do the tanking one, but I changed my offspec to balance to get some practice in.

I literally don't understand what you are doing wrong, codecreeper, apart from looking for excuses. I have hearing issues too, and for the most part, I play WoW with sound disabled - and have since classic. If you think MoP was the halcyon past you're trying to paint it, you have a serious case of mistaken nostalgia.

I have no idea what i am doing wrong either . And its not my hearing it was an example as i could not properly understand the NPC calls.

BTW i don't raid so i am only wearing stuff that drops from the ground and quests.

Anyhow my subs end soon so its a goodbye to WoW from me.

----

Logged in this morning i feel so bored and disappointed that i feel you guys are pointing out its my fault i cannot play this game anymore.

IN RL i have no friends and have difficulty talking to people. Maybe this is why i am failing.

Edited by codecreeper

As a serious suggestion: Can you screen capture a fight, let us analyze and suggest? Even if we (not me. I'm just using 'royal plural') then give you homework.

When I was practicing my warden, I needed to practice my mobility as I was too static. So, I found an enemy which didn't hit hard, but had LOTS of hitpoints. I made it a rule. I had to do 1 lap of the enemy whilst staying in melee range before releasing an attack. Sometimes left, sometimes right. Sometimes, I'd do a 'must engage enemy, hit, move towards tree, hit, move towards next tree, hit'. I practices mobility. Soon, I could train an enemy around. If I needed to move an enemy somewhere, I could. If I needed to move behind an enemy whilst still delivering blows, I could. It took a good couple of hours to get decent (not fantastic), but it was worth it.

Otherwise, I'm getting more committed to the idea of joining. I'm going to start at lvl1. I'm thinking Monk. I'll probably be stereotypical and play a Pandaren (Why not!!!)

Frostmourne is definitely being considered, but I have a friend who I've know for nearly 20 yrs I want to talk to and find out what server he is on.

Won't start til next year. I'm going to be going away over Christmas. No point in paying for game time if I'm not here for it.

AD

As an addition: Where have people seen the main game the cheapest? I won't bother with expansion yet as I'm starting at 1 and guessing it won't be that much impact until I get into my lvl 80s.

I won't be rushing. So hoping I'll see a special for the expansion between when I start and when I need it.

Edited by AccessDenied

Don't take any of this as picking on you or an excuse to give up. We are legitimately trying to help you here. I know it might sound cliched but accepting that maybe you're doing something incorrectly rather then just blaming Blizzard is probably the first step to improving how you play. Making friends and joining guilds in game is probably the second. WoW is a social game, you can't do everything on your own. You can't know everything either. Typically guild members are more then happy to help if someone has a problem, just ask them and they'll tell you what you gotten wrong or help you queue for dungeons to get gear. If you try to play an mmo solo you really are missing out on the best part of the genre.

Outside of one piece of LFR gear (which literally takes all of 20mins to do complete) I've only got one piece of raid gear and the quest ring. Everything else is self crafted by my character or gotten from Garrison missions.

You just missed a special on everything AD and with the way leveling is now you'll probably need that other expansion come about day three. You literally grey out all the quests in the "first" zone before you leave the starter zone.

Yeah.. Saw the special. I'm thinking Boxing Day/New Years Specials...

Gonna keep my eyes on them.

Code: I know there are many atomicans who would love to help you. If you want to leave, none of us will stop you. But I think it truly is case of you've gotten locked in a playstyle and the new content has changed that and your current playstyle doesn't mesh with it.

I know when I played Warden in LOTRO there were many times when I went from "Big Gun" to "Noob". My rotation no longer worked (or wasn't as efficient). Especially when they nerfed to bejeebers "Conviction" (An awesome party heal skill). They nerfed it not by reducing numbers, but by changing how it works ENTIRELY! As it was part of a rotation, the entire rotation borked. New rotations had to be developed and used. I prefered to work them out on my own (And 90% of the time it lined up with other uber-Wardens).

I think you need to briefly "Ditch want you learnt" and think again on playstyle. You'll be doing it anyway with a new MMO. The choice is, do you ditch everything and start again with a different MMO (Good if you feel that it's not worth the effort of relearning), or do you ditch most of it and keep what you value (Any existing online friends and time invested).

AD

Thanks for the thoughts AD. But it seems a lot of people do not read Blizz forums ,if they did then they can see a whole swath of the WoW community having the same issues as i am having.

10 years i have played WoW on and off and i been playing every launch of each expansion. And then comes along WoD and i have problems ,well that indicates its not me but Blizzard have changed the format of the game.

mages - no DPS ,even a hotfix but still the lowest DPS. Most mages cannot do Silver PG DPS due to timing and CD's.

Even damn Ashran i was aggro with that got 2 artifacts and then got killed twice and lost the artifacts ,Blizz is now allowing looting of corpses for rep items. WTF.

If you read Blizz Forums you can see something is happening and Blizzard are too quiet with its community.

I am not making excuses i am reporting what is happening to me in playing. If it was an excuse then i would not be playing WoW.

Most gamers who with tech probably are better at manipulation the DPS where someone like me have problems. Maybe its because i am mouser ,not keyboarder too.

I am seeing players just sitting in Trade chat because they are so bored with this game.

I do read the blizz forums ( at least within the last 2 or so weeks ).

It is change. There are people that hate it and people that embrace it. I fall in to neither as I have not experienced it.

Just know that if you are on the same realm as me when I finally join, I'll add you as friend if you are still around.

Maybe we could level together. From 1 to the stars!

AD

This is probably going against everything you believe, but Mages are not the lowest dps. They are at worst middle of the pack depending on spec and In fact at higher gear levels they are the best dps. http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings

If you're not using your keyboard and hotkeys that's probably the first place to try some changes. The difference in input speed is night and day. If you don't want to use a keyboard try setting up a controller.

As bad as Ashran is, I'm really not sure what you were expecting out of it. It's a PvP zone and the looting of corpses is a homage to Vanillas Alterac Valley. It was done again in Wintergrasp and Tol Barad in order to progress the battles. It's nothing new. Unless you're trying to rep up for Ashran PvP gear or you're PvPing to win the artifacts have zero point so losing them doesn't matter. If you want them the fastest way to get them is to (strangely enough in a PvP zone) PvP and kill other people for them.

hehe. Keybinding. I remember playing WoW originally and being a 'mouser'. Then years later, LOTRO and it had keybindings. Felt so natural. Can't believe I didn't keybind back then. It makes such a huge difference to gameplay.

AD

As an addition, I've now lodged a support ticket with Customer Support. See if I can reactivate my old account. I found my character still 'exists'. (Do a search for Characters. Aydee. You'll find a lvl 60 NE Hunter on blackrock. THAT'S ME!!!!)

Wish me luck!

AD

• Like 1

As an addition, I've now lodged a support ticket with Customer Support. See if I can reactivate my old account. I found my character still 'exists'. (Do a search for Characters. Aydee. You'll find a lvl 60 NE Hunter on blackrock. THAT'S ME!!!!)

Wish me luck!

AD

You must have been in the first set of players from Australia ,i am on Dragonblight which came online when Blackrock was Full.

As for activation why not just pay your fees ,that will activate it. Or it could it been like my account it was locked down as someone was trying to hack it.

I'm guessing he probably forgot his login name when they switched it from a made up word to your email address a while ago or doesn't have the email address he associated with it anymore.

Got it in one Ihsan. :P Back then, I had dozens of different login names for various sites with many fallen by wayside. For a while, I used to login to things with "Grey Squirrel". So, just goes to show how things have changed.

I tried various things to see if I could work it out. No go. So support ticket.

I've actually been quite impressed with support. They've already responded with what I need to do and what proof I need to supply. It was either very much a human response or the best contender for Turing test every encountered. :P

Keeping fingers crossed.

AD