Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

Worlds of Draenor Launched

Typically if someone feels the need to keep posting meters outside of bleeding edge progression they're not very good themselves and are just trying to big note themselves. If they're doing it on trash the odds are really good that they're an awful player trying to make themselves look good.

This may sounds harsh, but if the healer isn't doing enough to keep the group up (outside of something obviously someone elses fault like standing in AoE, interrupts or not turning mobs) don't help them. They're obviously doing something wrong and need to learn as well that they're no longer over gearing content and can heal on a whim.

• Like 1

Loving my Tank done 3 runs in randoms ,last run i could not do. The Grimrail depot the last boss ,where the dragon breathes blue stuff. Just kept moving too much and healer was telling me stand still. Was trying to keep out of blue stuff.

Think i may need some addons now to help me. One for events to happen and a threat meter.

Got my ilvlup too 615 and just got a trinket from followers that gave me +150 bonus armor. Problem is trinket is only 600.

Getting their just need more practice and stop getting aggro so much.

Just watched a youtube on Grimrail it seems to be the only place a good tank is required. Think i see where i made a mistake ,from youtube it seems rest of DPS and healer stay back. I am only one up front of train with the boss and i move left ,center or right but not away from front.

Edited by codecreeper

Grimrail is the instance that sorts the actual tanks from the dps queuing as a tank for fast pops. There is a lot going on the tank needs to be aware of. Moving the first boss around so he charges and knocks down the Goblin, moving out of the AoE on the trash, turning the trash so they don't hit everyone with the flamethrowers, moving around on the last boss to avoid traps and AoE, etc.

Decided to put my Fire mage to the test and put him through the dungeons.

First dungeon was Skyreach all went well ,Tank was impressed with my DPS and CC.

Second Dungeon UBRS it was nasty in their but i survived. Tank was sloppy and healer was good ,on bosses i put Amplify Magic up. Worked well no one wanted TimeWarp so i let it be. After the boss fight where he sends waves of those flight things one DPS and Healer leave ,they said ME was not keeping mobs off the Healer. Somehow i think Jealousy was creeping in. I was taking all mobs down fast with FLamestrike and Combustion up ,it worked well.

Last boss the Tank died in 10secs flat he forget to get repairs. So i explained to him the fight and dragons on corners you can see is a indication that a flame burst is coming. After 3 tries we did it. Overall i am impressed by the hotfixes that they have applied ,ilvl615 need to try other normal dungeons. Heroics will be harder so i need more ilvl to even try.

Edited by codecreeper

If it was the pseudo Rend encounter, yeah as ranged you're supposed to kill all the mobs flying above everyone spewing crap onto the group.

Heroics are pretty well pointless now. If you've made 615 you can queue for LFR (heroics are only 610) it's easier and it gives better loot. Just make sure to of gotten your three re-roll tokens for the week.

• Like 2

Just make sure to of gotten your three re-roll tokens for the week.

Re-roll tokens ? are they like the ones you can craft.

Heroics are pretty well pointless now

Yep ,if you cannot do Silver Proving grounds. Another set back for me.

LFR is dodgy with DPS meters and Ilvl checks too.

WoD is so damn gated ,glad i have not renewed my subs.

Edited by codecreeper

No, they're the same principle as MoP, they let you have another roll on boss loot for the cost of the token. You can get three a week from Ashran for various currencies, a rare follower mission or the level three bunker/war mill.

I've never seen a meter inside LFR, no one cares. It's so brain dead you can ignore most of the mechanics (if the mechanics are even present) and just brute force every boss. The level one hundred MC is three times as long and ten times as hard (I'm not joking there) and most of it's difficulty stems from the unadjusted dispel mechanics. I'm sorry, but you really do need to stop pretending that the ilvl requirements are a difficulty mechanic to overcome. I logged onto my account earlier to do my follower missions for the day and there was a pair of 645 boots and a 655 robe waiting for me. No effort on my part outside of five minutes the day before to send my followers off. 610 for heroics is no more then an hour or two for a fresh level one hundred. 615 for LFR is the same or even less if you just use your Garrison correctly. Hell, my level 94 Paladin has almost a complete set of of 615 gear waiting for it to reach one hundred just from using follower missions.

Ahh ok ,the tokens like extra bonus loot tokens.

I must have crappy followers all i get is lvl550 stuff ,my followers have the worse traits and stuff. But someone in chat said get Salvage yard lvl3 for epic loot.

Last by chance i stumbled on my second gate for the Mystic garrison tower, found it just outside Highmaul. So i checked the WoWhead for other locations and it seems the others are in area's i do not need.

Getting ready to stop playing as i have another MMO loaded up and ready to go. Thanks for the help and chat.

I might as well ask here, with Warlords of Draenor did they update the attack animations at all? As I would actually buy the base WoW pack and Warlords of Draenor pack if, and only if the attack animations across the board were updated. As I tried out the trial and goddamn you don't even look like you are hitting your target as a Warrior. Like I could live with the rest of the graphics but the attack animations looked so off. Plus I love Warcraft 3, and know WoW is still the king with MMORPGs...

Like recently I tried out Tera as well, the Free to Play is done well, graphics are okay although all the characters are a bit over-sexualised, and the combat animations are great. Although the quests aren't that interesting, and the story isn't that great either, so abandoned that.

Also used to play Guild Wars 2, that game basically has everything I want besides the whole 100 attack skills, skill bars everywhere, instead you are extremely limited with the skills you get to use, and the combat feels 'floaty'.

So yeah any feedback on WoW's attack animations, maybe it is just the starting animations that look wonky? Maybe not?

They updated some models (with the rest to come) but the animations for the most part are still the same. Tbh even with the update the game still looks ugly as shit, they'll never update it much since they want to keep their 486 crowd running Windows 3.1 still able to play the game. They really need to take a look at what SE has done with XIV, not only does the base game their look amazing, but their preview of the directx11 update looks beautiful. Plus their cut scenes still crap on Blizzards...

Its actually a graphics setting that makes it look like that.

If you using a old pc like 4-5 years old try turning the graphics down ,my first setting i always go for is ground cluttering turn that down to off.

Problem is the graphics processing is too slow for your comp ,so you need to reduce the settings. Best indication to check for this problem is look at your HDD light if its on all the time then it is caching GPU data. Lower the settings until it stops the HDD light from coming on.

I had that problem after the first Graphics update ready for Cataclysm expansion. Drove me crazy thought i was drugs or something. Like playing a game with jetlag.

I would suggest turn AA = off ,Bloom = off ,Shader = off , ground cluttering = off . Try those for a start look in advanced graphics.

Edited by codecreeper

Um, I hope you weren't telling me to lower my settings. I'm over 120 fps at maxing settings for my resolution. My computer handles the game just fine. The game is just still ugly and dated after it's half arsed graphics overhaul.

Um, I hope you weren't telling me to lower my settings. I'm over 120 fps at maxing settings for my resolution. My computer handles the game just fine. The game is just still ugly and dated after it's half arsed graphics overhaul.

it was directed @Powermaniac he was having problems by the looks.

Stopped playing WoW ,too much pain involved now.

New MMO is my old favourite Star Trek Online and its now FTP.

Meanwhile, I got a new TV for the Media PC. 50" 4k screen. I can now play WoW on the media PC which is pretty nifty. I hope to get on tonight or tomorrow night.

AD

• Like 1

Not going to happen for a bit. Internet too unstable. You know it's bad when you get frequent drop outs when you line is in high-reliability profile.

I've tried different modems and cable. And I've even checked cable from wall socket to network boundary (Advantage of being a data cabler!)

What is interesting to note is my modems SNR is slowly dropping. It was 14db about 1.5 weeks ago. It's now 13db.

Got a registered cabler coming tomorrow (from ISP). He's allowed to check beyond network boundary (Which I don't have the very expensive tools to do and not allowed to do). He's not Telstra though. He will likely identify the fault, then I have to wait for Telstra to do something.

So, that is my tale of woe. When I get a stable connection, I'll start playing. Fortunately, have not paid for time yet. So not wasting money.

AD

Edited by AccessDenied

After 10 years playing off and on I'm to the point I pick it up for a bit then put it down for longer.

Thinking over it really sums it up. It's not the same like it was back in Alpha/Beta.

How ever Heirlooms Tab is good with level 1 mount that comes with the achievement.

Anyone play on Frostmourne???? Plus anyone play HOS at all? Wanting to add more friends to my Battle net to.

Edited by Nan0_Seconds

Have started playing this again after about a year and I am enjoying it again. Have a few mates that jump on. Now have a level 71 Gnome priest and will get WOD when I need it. Hope to get it on special at some point.

Have started playing this again after about a year and I am enjoying it again. Have a few mates that jump on. Now have a level 71 Gnome priest and will get WOD when I need it. Hope to get it on special at some point.

Wait for a bit ,some how i think it will be going Free to Play soon. They are bringing in a Token system much like EVE.

I can't see it foing free to play. I think / hope the token system will sort out the gold inflation that we have now. Hopefully it will be much better shortly.