Sign in to follow this  
Master_Scythe

Sick of telstra's lines

So, I'm on the 5th 'repair' this month.

a moist day means I get dropouts every 1-3 minutes.

Does any company offer a decent 'fixed' 4G plan yet?

Or since there's ALREADY a cable to my door, telstra just says "no more new cable customers outside metro"; any way you can think to trick them?

They're out of pairs running down my street (I, alone, am using 7 pairs to jump my signal), so I don't know what logging another copper job is going to do.

Advice?

I know Vodafone uised to offer a cheap fixed 3G plan with their 'all in 1' box solution (like the iiNet BOB) but its nto around anymore.

I hoped someone did :(

for 51 a month I can get 10GB with optus, that's not bad. But i'd have to move my mobile to them too for that deal.

So, I'm on the 5th 'repair' this month.

a moist day means I get dropouts every 1-3 minutes.

Does any company offer a decent 'fixed' 4G plan yet?

Or since there's ALREADY a cable to my door, telstra just says "no more new cable customers outside metro"; any way you can think to trick them?

They're out of pairs running down my street (I, alone, am using 7 pairs to jump my signal), so I don't know what logging another copper job is going to do.

Advice?

Sounds like the cable has broken down completely and needs to be replaced from your property to junction box.

Tell them that you need the line replaced as its been fixed so much and they Telstra must have acknowledged their is something wrong with the cable.

I would also check the with the TIO that this is an ongoing issue ,and not getting fixed but getting worse. The only reason they will not fix it as you have a mobile phone and can use that as form to communicate.

Yeah but its the copper that's the problem.

the 2nd line going to this house is Exetel (over telstra line; they do both these days) and its rock solid and fast.

I meant for wireless, not wired. I used to run Bigpond nextg 10gb for most stuff, and an Exetel 7gb or something connection for overnight downloading.

Negotiating with telstra to get a discounted 4G connection because they have no phone line of acceptable quality left in my street.

Fingers crossed!