SonOfNoddy

ZT2 not detecting

Hello! My computer is having trouble detecting the zootycoon 2 disks, I have tried using an external disk drive and it still didn't work, but, it detected it in my mums computer. Is there a fix for this? Is this a known problem? I would love to play this game again as it was my childhood (and if you guys say to play the Xbox one version I say stfu it is crap.).

Might be a good idea to check what version of windows you are using. I know with some older games they behave like this ,i used to like rome building series they where much like you said.

When you not detecting do you mean the actual DVD/CD ?

I know i used to fix my issues in the device manager. You may want to check MS Knowledge base if that is still up. Or do a google search.

I've heard you should play the xbox one version.

So this is when installing the game? You could copy the install files off both discs onto a usb drive and then install from there, it should let you install that way.

Edited by PointZeroOne

Might be a good idea to check what version of windows you are using. I know with some older games they behave like this ,i used to like rome building series they where much like you said.

When you not detecting do you mean the actual DVD/CD ?

I know i used to fix my issues in the device manager. You may want to check MS Knowledge base if that is still up. Or do a google search.

I am using windows 7 64 bit, I mean that when I put the disk in, and I double click on the drive D it says insert disk and then opens the disk drive. And how did you fix it using device manager?

I've heard you should play the xbox one version.

So this is when installing the game? You could copy the install files off both discs onto a usb drive and then install from there, it should let you install that way.

I have tried it and it is not that good, played it on a friends Xbox, and I can't even get the disk to launch in the OS, let alone get to the install.

So you saying it does not autodetect the dvd's. Have you waited for 2-3 mins for drive to spin up and start detecting it ,i know it can sometimes load a driver.

You may wanna ask someone in Building comps on how to force a DVD drive to autodetect DVD's. It may be the DVD player is not using the correct drivers for it.

No Offense mate but you are having a string of bad luck with PC's ,maybe you should buy a XBox. Just Kidding.

Internal or external or both drives? So no dvd will detect at all? Is it a cd drive and not dvd drive? Check the SATA cable? Sounds like you don't have all the drivers installed or something. When you plug in an external drive it does the same thing? Which makes no sense at all.

one internal, one external. DVD won't detect at all. What is the difference between DVD drive and CD drive (the disk is an install CD)? I checked the SATA cable and still same thing. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them. and it does something a little different when I plug in the external one, when there is no disk inside it it shows up as drive F but when I insert a disk it dissapears and makes the noise like I just unplugged it, even though it is still plugged, it doesn't show up on the device manager.

take the drive out or moms or try the external on moms? Im not even going to answer what the difference between a cd and dvd drive, google.

you can try this too:

MSI Live Update 6, it will search missing or not updated drivers even if they are not for MSI. It will be under the Utilities tab. Make sure to choose the correct OS (win7 32 or 64bit.. etc...).

http://us.msi.com/support/vga/GTX-970-GAMING-4G.html#down-utility&null

Make sure to do a backup before running or installing anything, google if you dont know how to do a backup or set a restore point.

I hope this helps!

Edited by gamble