Sign in to follow this  
neoprint

Crime doesn't pay, kiddies

So as probably one or two people here know, I moved to Cairns (from NZ) in May.

In June, after I had a few pays under my belt, I treated myself to a shiny new Xbox 1. 2 days later my unit got broken into and my precious xbox stolen (took the XB1 and the 360 controllers, left the 360 and the XB1 controllers, smart).

Now, last night, around 11PM I was standing on my balcony having a cigarette before going to bed. I look down and what do I see? Three dudes attempting to gain entry to my car. Called the cops straight away, and 3 hours later the police showed up. Apparently there had been a few other cars broken into in my neighbourhood and even a house burgled, and I was the only one to get a description. Apparently the reason they took so long is because of these burglaries and they apprehended three suspects that matched the description I gave.

So yeah, hopefully got three piece of shit scumbags off the street last night.

• Like 3

Friend of the family had a copper strip around his convertible (top edge), which was connected to a huge AC capacitor, which was connected to the alternator.

Turning the key off put the last few rotations into the capacitor, and removing the key armed it.

When he almost killed someone (the dude WAS stealing from his car, but still) he was forced to remove it :(

I thought it was clever.

Edited by Master_Scythe

Well, that's a bummer of an introduction to any place you happen to choose as your new home.

Must say I was not sorry to say farewell to Cairns and that was over fourteen years ago now. We used to get kids

climbing in windows, and one morning I came back from hanging a load of washing out to find a kid in our bathroom :|

" Kid " as in around ten to twelve years of age ... little bastards ... I was so angry and upset to see him there I just yelled

abuse at him ... I couldn't bring myself to touch him ... I just wanted him out of there.

Friend of the family had a copper strip around his convertible (top edge), which was connected to a huge AC capacitor, which was connected to the alternator.

Turning the key off put the last few rotations into the capacitor, and removing the key armed it.

When he almost killed someone (the dude WAS stealing from his car, but still) he was forced to remove it :(

I thought it was clever.

Jokes aside, I'm bloody-minded enough to think that's actually not a bad idea. I really hate thieves.

Lucky your mate wasn't jailed M_S.

Booby-traps of any type, let alone of the near / deadly, are illegal here.

Pollies have no sense of fun at all. Counter reasons given are innocents (family) being injured and disproportionate response.

Nobody deserves to die they say, well what I say about that is not for polite conversation. 8p

The so-called parenting means they have no respect for others or their property, anything not locked away and plenty that is becomes fair game to them.

And if they happen to get caught and face a magistrate, they get a slap on the wrist and just keep doing it.

Had to bail younger bro... idiot did 2 burgs for food of all things... useless fkker none of that shit on my watch so he getting the big bro treatment..

Had to bail younger bro... idiot did 2 burgs for food of all things... useless fkker none of that shit on my watch so he getting the big bro treatment..

o.O

Your younger brother...broke into two houses...to steal food? Really? How stoned was he at the time?

• Like 1

o.O

Your younger brother...broke into two houses...to steal food? Really? How stoned was he at the time?

Man he must have injected at least 3 marijuanas.

• Like 1

I really want to bring back flogging in the town pillory.

I've had stuff stolen from the back yard three times now and the house and car attempted to be broken into.

got call from the charge officer today, he missed bail checkin on friday I live about 2 blocks from cop shop

dont hold much hope for my 2 grand

*edit

From a more topical perspective, the social issues of peolpe feel the need to steal or whore or whatever

There will be more of this as we go down the shit tubes

Edited by Betzie